Post-Game Talk: #15: FLYERS 5 at Coyotes 2, Monday, Nov. 5, 2018, 9:00 p.m. ET

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train
Sheltered playing with Pronger against some of the best teams and damn near winning it all and playing ****in solid to. You have to hold your own no matter what position you play. Carle played well in SJ also but as this team went down hill so did he.

Pronger WAS his shelter. The dude was beaten down regularly playing with him. That guy carried the pair. Nobody else was capable of making up for Carle like he was.

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train
Carle held his own or it wouldnt matter how Pronger played.

Jesus dude, Carle was the antithesis of everything you call for in a player. Charmin soft, constantly beaten along the boards, completely devoid of net presence. And you're sitting here singing his praises.

hatcher

Sep 30, 2007
Kelowna BC
Jesus dude, Carle was the antithesis of everything you call for in a player. Charmin soft, constantly beaten along the boards, completely devoid of net presence. And you're sitting here singing his praises.
He held his own though and atleast I can admit that. ,Hatcher,Howe,Desjardins,Markov,Mcrimmon,Big Sammy,and the list goes on were awesome flyers and Carle wouldnt be in that list but he went head to head against some great competiion and held his own. Once Pronger,Richards,Gagne,Carter,Kimmo and some awesome role players left this team has become a joke led by boring players and a boring coach and a useless boring GM.

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train
He held his own though and atleast I can admit that. ,Hatcher,Howe,Desjardins,Markov,Mcrimmon,Big Sammy,and the list goes on were awesome flyers and Carle wouldnt be in that list but he went head to head against some great competiion and held his own. Once Pronger,Richards,Gagne,Carter,Kimmo and some awesome role players left this team has become a joke led by boring players and a boring coach and a useless boring GM.

That's the thing, he DIDN'T hold his own. He dragged the pairing down. He was a weak link that was exploited nightly, and part of what made Pronger so awesome was his ability to fix Carle's shortcomings.

Reactions: Captain Dave Poulin

Captain Dave Poulin

Imaginary Cat
Apr 30, 2015
Tokyo, JP
So is Sanheim, a soft D-man who looks good in open ice but doesn't handle contact well.

My biggest disappointment in TC was seeing Sanheim obviously do nothing over the summer to add strength, either he didn't put the work in or he lacks the genes, but he's a tall D-man with a high center of gravity who lacks mass and strength and loses board battles and can't clear the crease.

As a mobile offensive defenseman Sanheim is good at carrying the puck through the neutral zone but has yet to show top flight offensive skills.
In 65 games Sanheim has 2 goals and 12 assists at ES.
Ghost, he ain't, and may never be. I don't see great playmaking instincts right now.

So yes, I'm damning Sanheim by comparing him to Carle, because I think if Sanheim played 20 minutes a night against top competition, you'd hear the same complaints about him. He's been sheltered, which makes him look better.
The question is whether Sanheim can develop into a reliable top 4 D-man who can play a two way game, because his offense isn't good enough for the role if he doesn't step up defensively.

zbHYiNf.gif

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad