Post-Game Talk: #15: FLYERS 5 at Coyotes 2, Monday, Nov. 5, 2018, 9:00 p.m. ET

Jtown

Oct 6, 2010
Fairfax, Virginia
Colby just said he played against the Flyers. Dude has 3 NHL games, none of which were against the Flyers.
Colby just lied to get his job.

“So colby did you play in the nhl!” “Did i play in the nhl? I was a selke finalist”

“ but you played defense”. “ thats how good i was”

“ sign on this dotted line sir. We are glad to have you onboard”

MiamiScreamingEagles

Global Moderator
Jan 17, 2004
hak had to thank the guys for saving his job. or he complained about trying to skill their way to wins.

It could very well be the former but he could also have sent a reminder of what awaits beginning with the return engagement in Philadelphia. I mentioned following the second period tonight that all could be for naught with a stinker in the third. The team gelled. Taking what they achieved on this trip and utilizing it at home, building from the foundation, emphasizing the positives, to focus and concentrate, etc. Perhaps not just to rally around the coach but a goalie plucked from the waiver wire. This wasn't Ken Wregget in the 1989 playoffs but what Pickard helped achieve tonight shouldn't be lost.

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
Wow 15 pts has the Flyers tied for 2nd, but with also 2 more games played. Eh, its something. Islanders being 1st just goes to show how much coaching can really make a difference. G'night Flyers board.

Meh, more like hot goaltending, Griesse and Lehner have a .936 S% between them, doubt that's sustainable.
Trotz has brought order to a franchise in disarray, but let's not get carried away.

sigma six

Doesn't need stick tape
Aug 2, 2005
Cascadia
Having been stuck with the Yotes feed, I have no idea who this Colby person is...guess I'll find out when they play at home.

gertbfrobe16

Feb 3, 2018
It could very well be the former but he could also have sent a reminder of what awaits beginning with the return engagement in Philadelphia. I mentioned following the second period tonight that all could be for naught with a stinker in the third. The team gelled. Taking what they achieved on this trip and utilizing it at home, building from the foundation, emphasizing the positives, to focus and concentrate, etc. Perhaps not just to rally around the coach but a goalie plucked from the waiver wire. This wasn't Ken Wregget in the 1989 playoffs but what Pickard helped achieve tonight shouldn't be lost.
i'd like to believe that could have happened. it sounds like it might be a good thing for a good coach to do.

Reactions: Captain Dave Poulin

SabresSharks

Oct 2, 2007
So I'm screwing up by trying to be technically focus huh? Perhaps I should leave this optics and lasers stuff behind.

So many sales engineers are bad at their jobs. Listening to a lot of them is just like "blah blah blah"
Their interchangeable "blah, blah, blah" gets them shit-canned if the sales don't continue. Competent technical guys stick around regardless, unless the whole enterprise goes under.

Reactions: JXC and klutch

Hexxxy

Feb 25, 2017
Where has this effort been all year??? Its mind boggling how we play decent on the road and pathetic at home. Been that way since Haks been hired. Anyway another strong performance by Patrick. He's not flashy but is starting to show a solid all around game in all 3 zones. When he was drafted I envisioned Joe Thorton but now i'm starting to think Trevor Linden type C. Reminds me of Johansson as well.

Simmonds continues to be impressive and G had a great night as well. Hopefully this energy doesn't die when we get back home.
patrick: i see his game and ceiling are toews

love it

Reactions: Ironmanrulez

BritainStix

F**k Cutter Gauthier
Oct 20, 2016
Looking at the highlights, how in the world did they win that game. Looks like they went hakshell as soon as they got the lead.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad