3 Stars of the Game

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

TheGortonConspiracy

Wow its a nice GM
May 2, 2017
NYC
We all do realize that there is no guarantee that any one of those 3 will ever be as good as Kevin.....right? We are all thinking they will be......and hoping. Still say that Kevin is a very "unique" player, and also possesses that necessary quality of KNOWING where all of his teammates are on the ice. I dont believe any of them have that......not now anyway.

Very much agree, it would be a shame to downgrade from Kevin although most are suggesting it happens.

Shesterkybomb

Dec 30, 2016
We all do realize that there is no guarantee that any one of those 3 will ever be as good as Kevin.....right? We are all thinking they will be......and hoping. Still say that Kevin is a very "unique" player, and also possesses that necessary quality of KNOWING where all of his teammates are on the ice. I dont believe any of them have that......not now anyway.

He is a 50-60 point player, I like him but he is not an elite talent, he is a very good player. Howden is almost at that level now in his first year. It sucks letting good players go, I had the same problem with Stepan but it was the right thing to do and now we have DeAngelo and Anderson for that move and i dont think anyone would reverse that trade now.

Reactions: Vinny DeAngelo

Webster

Zucc's buddy
Sponsor
Nov 7, 2017
I love Zucc just as much as the next guy, but if you can't see that he has been subpar to this point, then you are delusional

Has nothing to do with production, points suggest he's doing just fine. Not sure what you're expecting, Gretzky numbers perhaps..

True Blue

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
Hayes is an effective player and we will immediately miss him but we have a glut of centers and unless theres a reason to trade Zibanajad,Chytil Andersson, or Howden then the writing is on the wall. He does have a unique skill set and it seems as though the coach is getting through to him about shooting quicker but the way this roster is building we need wingers and not centers,especially at his price point.
You currently have no idea if Howden, Chytil or Andersson will become anywhere near the player that Hayes is. I am not at all opposed to trading him, but ONLY for the right price. That said, if he shows that he can play Quinn's style and in this system, I am not at all opposed to keeping him and resigning him. He is young enough to emerge on the other side of the rebuild, along with Krieder & Zbad.
Howden is almost at that level now in his first year.
Wait, you think that Howden is already on the same level as Hayes is? Really??

LOVE the dichotomy of these boards. One day, Gorton is getting lambasted for getting meh prospects in a trade, the next one of those prospects is already just as good as an established 25 goal scorer in the league. Fantastic.

Reactions: belford222

nyr__1994

Apr 4, 2006
Raleigh, NC
So am I the first one to come out with the "told you so" on Shatty? I was totally against signing him no matter what. I said we had ADA, and we needed to play him. Well, here we are, now discussing how we need to get rid of Shatty since we have multiple younger versions of him that are playing better.

Sorry, I am hardly every right, so I had to be all told you so here. :)

I think @Ola was the Grand Marshall of the Do Not Sign Shatty parade....

Reactions: Holden the Stick

Hi ImHFNYR

Jan 10, 2013
Wherever I'm standing atm
Right where we need to be. out of the playoffs, picking 10th.

3HrlWZ4.jpg
The number of games played, when it evens out, likely leaves us at 7. Two losses likely drops us to where Vegas is.

Larrybiv

We're CLEAN, we PROMISE!
May 14, 2013
South Florida
He is a 50-60 point player, I like him but he is not an elite talent, he is a very good player. Howden is almost at that level now in his first year. It sucks letting good players go, I had the same problem with Stepan but it was the right thing to do and now we have DeAngelo and Anderson for that move and i dont think anyone would reverse that trade now.
The Howden/Hayes comparison is not yet founded.....like I said before, "hopefully".

Agree about the trading of Stepan, although for me.....losing Hayes would be somewhat larger shoes to fill. And Steps got hurt often and was very afraid he would get hurt prior to the trading of him, but we dodged that bullet.

The return i would want for Hayes is a 1st and a stud prospect the Rangers really like at the very least.

Larrybiv

We're CLEAN, we PROMISE!
May 14, 2013
South Florida
You currently have no idea if Howden, Chytil or Andersson will become anywhere near the player that Hayes is. I am not at all opposed to trading him, but ONLY for the right price. That said, if he shows that he can play Quinn's style and in this system, I am not at all opposed to keeping him and resigning him. He is young enough to emerge on the other side of the rebuild, along with Krieder & Zbad.

Well said, and couldnt agree more. Especially the bold. Getting that 1st rounder is essential, but I no sooner would keep Hayes and send off Shatty to a team in need of his so called "expertise" that we seem to have already found in ADA and Pionka donk.

SML2

Jan 1, 2018
I feel like this may have been the game that settles the civil war between Pionk and ADA factions and remind us that we can live in peace and harmony again. It's been a long battle. I think it is time I lay down my weapons.

Reactions: will1066

SML2

Jan 1, 2018
Am I the only one who thinks that Shatty has been pretty solid for a while now?

He hasn't been putting up points but he's been defending in his zone pretty well and making smart plays in transition. I really don't see him as playing poorly at all. He's not on PP1 but his unit PP2 has been the better power play unit easily the last number of games. Maybe time to swap him back up to PP1 to QB it and drop Pionk down to PP2 with TDA and they can blast away?
Delete

Attachments

• Screenshot_2018-11-07-14-43-45~2.png
    Screenshot_2018-11-07-14-43-45~2.png
    322.4 KB · Views: 13

Shesterkybomb

Dec 30, 2016
The Howden/Hayes comparison is not yet founded.....like I said before, "hopefully".

Agree about the trading of Stepan, although for me.....losing Hayes would be somewhat larger shoes to fill. And Steps got hurt often and was very afraid he would get hurt prior to the trading of him, but we dodged that bullet.

The return i would want for Hayes is a 1st and a stud prospect the Rangers really like at the very least.

I think we can safely project Howden to be in the 50 point range, I've seen enough of his game to know that I think, the others have more question marks I guess but I see them all being +50 point players if given the opportunity in a year or two. That's the thing with Hayes, and dont misconstrue this as not liking him because I really do like him but if hes just a 50 point guy then hes replaceable by the young centers we have. If he come to the trade deadline at a point a game then we have to have another conversation maybe.

True Blue

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site

Well said, and couldnt agree more. Especially the bold. Getting that 1st rounder is essential, but I no sooner would keep Hayes and send off Shatty to a team in need of his so called "expertise" that we seem to have already found in ADA and Pionka donk.
Shattenkirk would not bring back a first rounder right now. If he even could before

Amazing Kreiderman

Apr 11, 2011
The Zucc haters here don't want to hear it ;)

Perhaps not 9 years, but it's too early to rule out a contract extension.

Anyway, the Rangers are taking a beating in Norwegian media these days. One of the most experienced hockey journalists over there who lived several years in NYC really calls them out for a disrespectful treatment of Zuccarello. A long but very interesting article.

Allow the Microsoft translator a few secs to do it's job..
www.nettavisen.no/sport/vintersport/respektls-behandling-av-mats-zuccarello-i-new-york/3423554374.html - Translator

Yeah, because a Norwegian website is very objective when it comes to Zuccarello :laugh:

Hockey is about more than just one player. If the Rangers decide to trade him, it will be because long-term it's the best for the team.

Reactions: UnSandvich

True Blue

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
I think we can safely project Howden to be in the 50 point range, I've seen enough of his game to know that I think, the others have more question marks I guess but I see them all being +50 point players if given the opportunity in a year or two.
The only time he can be safely construed as such is when he actually does it at least once.

Reactions: pld459666

Oscar Lindberg

Dec 14, 2015
CA
I doubt the Rangers care what Norwegian Zucacrello fans think about the team

They're all going to become fans of whatever team he gets traded to in the next couple months anyways

Tob

Sep 16, 2017
I doubt the Rangers care what Norwegian Zucacrello fans think about the team

They're all going to become fans of whatever team he gets traded to in the next couple months anyways

Don't be so sure. If TBLCallyFan24 was willing to leave us because of the MSL trade, then the casual ZUCC fan base could easily lose a fraction of a percent of fans. I misread actually.

Vinny DeAngelo

Jimmy Easy to defend
Mar 17, 2014
florida
Don't be so sure. If TBLCallyFan24 was willing to leave us because of the MSL trade, then the casual ZUCC fan base could easily lose a fraction of a percent of fans. I misread actually.
Then they aren't Rangers fans... They are Zucc Fans...

I consider myself a Rangers fan, but I'm also a huge McDavid fan. It doesn't matter who he plays for, i'll watch him

Reactions: egelband

offdacrossbar

misfit fanboy
Jun 25, 2006
da cuse
hayes is a very good 2/3C and on a good team with wingers who can finish or as a matchup line, he would be a solid addition.

with howden seemingly established already, hayes becomes expendable. its not like he wasnt already on his way out with his one year deal. hes a goner. playing well works perfect for us and moving him.

its a win/win. he brings back a pick or as past of a deal for a legit player and that clears space for howden on an ELC playing big top 9 impact minutes.

plus lias andersson needs to play and chytl too but he may well be better served on the edge. or visa versa.

dont look now but names is a SOLID choice as a 3C as well smart, crafty, experienced do all player. hes been very good lately.

plus do not count out boo nieves yet either. concussions are a concern, but there isnt a better prototypical 4C out there than this kid. big and fast center man dont grow on trees.

hayes is gone. thats a given. and thats good.

we need 3 more howdens tbh....

Tob

Sep 16, 2017
Then they aren't Rangers fans... They are Zucc Fans...

I consider myself a Rangers fan, but I'm also a huge McDavid fan. It doesn't matter who he plays for, i'll watch him

I think a small amount of Ranger fans that have no Norwegian connection but are fans of Zucc might throw a fit because we traded away our "best player" when were not that far out of a playoff spot. Lowered ratings most likely down the stretch if we aren't in the mix for a spot.

TheTakedown

Puck is Life
Jul 11, 2012
Said it before but this isn't a bottom 5 team. Haven't seen this much effort since Torts was the coach and that's always going to win you some games.

A big part of tanking is having a ****ty coach. We don't have a ****ty coach.

Just wait until the studs are ripped out again. This team is going to be very bad. Let's also remember that the habs are trash--utter garbage

Hayes
Zuccarello
McLeod
McQuaid
Claesson
one of spooner/names
one of smith/staal (probably smith)

All gone at this years trade deadline. Gorton wants 2019 draft picks.

Reactions: Kovalev27

will1066

Your positivity is not welcomed
Oct 12, 2008
Those aren't Zuccs, Joe. Those are boos. Boos. Boos.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad