Post-Game Talk: #15 - 11/06/18 | canadiens @ RANGERS | 7:00 - MSG

3 Stars of the Game

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

kovazub94

Enigmatic
Aug 5, 2010
Just wait until the studs are ripped out again. This team is going to be very bad. Let's also remember that the habs are trash--utter garbage

Hayes
Zuccarello
McLeod
McQuaid
Claesson
one of spooner/names
one of smith/staal (probably smith)

All gone at this years trade deadline. Gorton wants 2019 draft picks.

Very bad? I give you that losing the first two will hurt but there is already a shortage of ice time to distribute. The rest will not even be noticed. The point is that the quality (and the results) will be impacted but not to the degree where the team becomes very bad.

Tob

Sep 16, 2017
Very bad? I give you that losing the first two will hurt but there is already a shortage of ice time to distribute. The rest will not even be noticed. The point is that the quality (and the results) will be impacted but not to the degree where the team becomes very bad.

It'll be noticed when McQuaid and McLeod are gone.

Larrybiv

We're CLEAN, we PROMISE!
May 14, 2013
South Florida
Hayes is an effective player and we will immediately miss him but we have a glut of centers and unless theres a reason to trade Zibanajad,Chytil Andersson, or Howden then the writing is on the wall. He does have a unique skill set and it seems as though the coach is getting through to him about shooting quicker but the way this roster is building we need wingers and not centers,especially at his price point.
Thing is.....Hayes with his somewhat upcoming affordable contract and more importantly his AGE, is usually the type of player that many teams should be looking for. He would be a great "add" to a team going for it, so to speak. Or a team that really needs a 2 way player with size and some of the skills he possesses. In 2 years we could be looking for someone like him if things go haywire. Lol.

Kovalev27

BEST IN THE WORLD
Jun 22, 2004
NYC
We’d be lucky to find anyone just to take his salary right now let alone giving up assets. We haven’t played him on the top pp for some reason. Hasn’t helped his status at all

Reactions: Gresch04

Peter The Great
Aug 17, 2005
Sweden
Zibanejad is just a beast, man. Best player on the team without argument IMO.

The Senators dumping Zib... they have done a number of poor trades but this was a really, really stupid one, good for Rangers though and I'm sure Zib is very happy about it too.

Reactions: Vinny DeAngelo

Webster

Zucc's buddy
Sponsor
Nov 7, 2017
I doubt the Rangers care what Norwegian Zucacrello fans think about the team

I believe when it comes to fans in Norway most of them want Zucc to leave this team. And even more so after the media there pointed out Rangers disrespectful treatment of him, basically calling this an organization without class.

Last edited:

UnSandvich

Sep 7, 2017
I believe when it comes to fans in Norway most of them want Zucc to leave this team. And even more so after the media there pointed out Rangers disrespectful treatment of him, basically calling this an organization without class.

"An organization without class"? I can safely say that's something I've never heard said about the Rangers. By a reasonable person at least

NewLife

Apr 29, 2011
Oslo
ADA has earned a chunk of games to continue to prove his worth.
Like him a lot on the PP. Creative yet simple, but would be intresting to see if he would shoot the puck more if he hasn't #22 on his right. Whom himself just aim at some pads atm.

Reactions: Gresch04

Tob

Sep 16, 2017
Like him a lot on the PP. Creative yet simple, but would be intresting to see if he would shoot the puck more if he hasn't #22 on his right. Whom himself just aim at some pads atm.

I think having 22 and ADA on the same PP unit forces the PK and goalie to respect a shot a lot more. It gives both of them time and space on the ice to make plays or take the shot. I'm not happy with our current 1D4F set up anyway that having our two best power play point men out there can't be a bad idea.

Shesterkybomb

Dec 30, 2016
I disagree with everyone who looks at Hayes as a great trade chip, rather than a very valuable player worth keeping.

Where do you see him fitting in the lineup in 2 years with Zibanajad Chytil Andersson and Howden here and also who are your top 6 wingers?

Larrybiv

We're CLEAN, we PROMISE!
May 14, 2013
South Florida
Not at this level of play. Lethal combination of 1) salary owed 2) injury from last year 3) overall very mediocre performance this year.
1. We have money to burn
2. Be healthy until deadline
3. Play like the BEAST the Rangers thought he was.

Just for the record......I recently saw a post from someone that stated he was strongly AGAINST this acquisition......I was as well, but backed down if it was at a discounted price.

My gut told me no, as he really didn't impress me "that much" and felt there was no need for him in the eventual direction that we were headed for.....but oh well, can't fight city hall.

Shesterkybomb

Dec 30, 2016
Thing is.....Hayes with his somewhat upcoming affordable contract and more importantly his AGE, is usually the type of player that many teams should be looking for. He would be a great "add" to a team going for it, so to speak. Or a team that really needs a 2 way player with size and some of the skills he possesses. In 2 years we could be looking for someone like him if things go haywire. Lol.

I would totally agree with everything you said if he was a winger, we are low on winger depth in the organization but as it stands the teams log jam at center leaves Hayes as an expensive option compared to Howden andersson and Chytil. I like him but I think we are all a little to enamoured with our own players, he's a 50 point guy and we have options to replace that in house for a fraction of the cap hit. If in 2 years we are looking for a 50 point 2nd line center, trading Hayes will be the least of our organizational mistakes, it would mean Howden, Chytil and Andersson were all flops, something isnt likely. As I said before, this is like the Stepan trade, I liked him but it helped advance the rebuild and we ended up with 2 pieces we needed in Andersson and DeAngelo. If we could get a scoring winger out of Hayes in either a prospect or a draft pick it would fill one hole in the organizational depth chart.

Kovalev27

BEST IN THE WORLD
Jun 22, 2004
NYC
Just wait until the studs are ripped out again. This team is going to be very bad. Let's also remember that the habs are trash--utter garbage

Hayes
Zuccarello
McLeod
McQuaid
Claesson
one of spooner/names
one of smith/staal (probably smith)

All gone at this years trade deadline. Gorton wants 2019 draft picks.

God I hope you’re right and he doesn’t blow this

Reactions: Off Sides

Glen Sathers Cigar

Sather 4 Ever
Feb 4, 2013
New York
I disagree with everyone who looks at Hayes as a great trade chip, rather than a very valuable player worth keeping.
Not to mention I think Hayes might be a case of a player being more valuable to the Rangers than what he would garner in a trade.

I love the kids but there's not guarantee any of them will be as good as Hayes is. He's still young enough he can be part of the core going forward. I know we need room for the kids but I don't know about trading a guy like Hayes just to trade him and make space.

Reactions: NCRanger

Shesterkybomb

Dec 30, 2016
Not to mention I think Hayes might be a case of a player being more valuable to the Rangers than what he would garner in a trade.

I love the kids but there's not guarantee any of them will be as good as Hayes is. He's still young enough he can be part of the core going forward. I know we need room for the kids but I don't know about trading a guy like Hayes just to trade him and make space.

Hes a 2nd line center who gets 50 points a year,he really isnt that hard to replace for NY with Howden already looking like he could do it and Chytil and Andersson on their way. I will ask this, where do you see him slotting into the lineup in 2 years? If you say 2nd line,that means this rebuild was a major flop and none of Howden, Chytil or Andersson are capable of hitting 50+points, if you say 3rd line or less he will be massively overpaid for a 3rd or 4th line guy and it also means one of the young guys needed to be traded. To trade him it's about more than making space, it's about filling out the roster with pieces we need and trading from our positional strength, ie center for wingers. I get what you are saying but he isnt an elite talent you can't replace.

Amazing Kreiderman

Apr 11, 2011
"An organization without class"? I can safely say that's something I've never heard said about the Rangers. By a reasonable person at least

It's just Norwegians being upset that Zuccarello, their only noteworthy player, might be traded as part of the rebuild. If that makes the Rangers classless, so be it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad