Post-Game Talk: #15 - 11/06/18 | canadiens @ RANGERS | 7:00 - MSG

3 Stars of the Game

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Shesterkybomb

Dec 30, 2016
I've always liked Hayes and I think his play has gotten better year to year and better this year. I like his skill set.

Is there no room or reason to build WITH him? Or is he massively redundant with younger players who can do what Hayes can do.

Our center position is pretty loaded up to re up a guy looking for north of 6 mill for 7 years(my guess) who will end up on the 3rd line or lower. I like him, I think he will be missed but with Zib, Chytil, Anderson and Howden likely to be the future of our center depth I cant see us keeping him.

Reactions: Metranger

Ghost of jas

Unsatisfied
Feb 27, 2002
NJ
Our center position is pretty loaded up to re up a guy looking for north of 6 mill for 7 years(my guess) who will end up on the 3rd line or lower. I like him, I think he will be missed but with Zib, Chytil, Anderson and Howden likely to be the future of our center depth I cant see us keeping him.

Not to mention what the upcoming draft may bring.

Shesterkybomb

Dec 30, 2016
Both Pionk and DeAngelo have earned a permanent spot on this roster. I'd have to agree with whoever said we should explore a Shattenkirk trade, he hasn't been terrible or anything but he isnt anything special anymore and we could get something decent for him if we offered him to say Toronto with a little retained salary.

TheGortonConspiracy

Wow its a nice GM
May 2, 2017
NYC
I remember last season when everyone wanted Zucc traded and thought he would be the first to go at TDL. He ended up staying and led the team in regular season points for the 4th time in his career. Zucc is one of the best players on the rangers and has been for many years. He's a great example for the younger players: an undrafted player from an under-represented country defying the odds (and his height) to achieve consistent success in the NHL. On top of that, shorter players have a durable reputation in the league and he's certainly showing no signs of slowing down. I expect him to play for another 5-9 more years with the rangers.

Also think Staal is looking lights out this season. Absolute comeback year if he can continue.

On the Shattenkirk comments, someone recently asked me my least favorite player on the team. Had to think about it but I said Shattenkirk. He's a liability in all 3 zones of the ice and can barely make it work outside of his prized PP time. Is a trade the right move tho? Would that hurt our chances with Panarin?

Reactions: egelband

Kovalev27

BEST IN THE WORLD
Jun 22, 2004
NYC
I’m assuming we’re gonna run Lias Chytil Spooner as a 4th line. With Lias and Chytil getting special teams mins.

If that’s the case it’s way better for Chytil than playing with Mcleod and Lettieri (who should be going back to the A any minute)

I don’t like Zucc on the top line at all but the team is settling in.

Namestnikov Zibanejad Zucc
Kreider Hayes Buchnevich
Vesey Howden Fast
Lias Chytil Spooner
Meathead

It’s fine for now until the dominoes start to fall (Hayes Zucc) but Quinn has to find his kids ice time. Has to do it.

will1066

Fonz Drury
Oct 12, 2008
Both Pionk and DeAngelo have earned a permanent spot on this roster. I'd have to agree with whoever said we should explore a Shattenkirk trade, he hasn't been terrible or anything but he isnt anything special anymore and we could get something decent for him if we offered him to say Toronto with a little retained salary.

Two young RHD showing promise. If Shatty would play to expectations, the whole right side would be looking pretty solid.

BobMarleyNYR

Rangers future on D
May 2, 2004
Alphabet
I know people are clamoring for the Rangers to get their Matthews, but I just want our version of Schiefele. Get that type of center added to what this team is adding elsewhere, and I believe you will build a Cup contender.

My question is, can Zibanejad become our Schiefele? He has the talent to do so.
I really wanted them to draft him... the Wrath of 2010...

BobMarleyNYR

Rangers future on D
May 2, 2004
Alphabet
Two young RHD showing promise. If Shatty would play to expectations, the whole right side would be looking pretty solid.
Why are you the only one saying this? I bet he's purposely trying to suck himself off the team... read that however you want, you get me...

will1066

Fonz Drury
Oct 12, 2008
Why are you the only one saying this? I bet he's purposely trying to suck himself off the team... read that however you want, you get me...
No, I don't get you, and you're insinuating something that I never implied. So, you read it however you want, which is obviously through a distorted lens. I'm not the only who's said that Shatty hasn't played well. He took a hometown discount to play here, so I'm fairly certain he's loyal to this club and would not purposely suck for it.

True Blue

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
And how many of those teams are likely to trade two of their top scorers and continue to add youth to their lineups? I know Hughes is the prize, but if the Rangers were to walk away from the upcoming draft with Podkolzin and Newhook, I’d be very happy.
Substitute Cozens for Newhook and you got yourself a deal

kovazub94

Enigmatic
Aug 5, 2010
Then move Buchnevich up, and Chytil to the wing and let the chips fall where they may.

Namestnikov - Zibanejad - Buchnevich = Can't Spell Line

Seriously, I like it. But also there's no way around it - Chytil, Andersson and Howden need to play and

Kreider - Hayes - Chytil make sense too.

Vesey - Howden - Fast

Spooner - Andersson - Zuke ?

SnowblindNYR

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 16, 2011
Brooklyn, NY
That was one of the more exciting games I’ve seen from this team as of late. It seems they are starting to own Price, Bless your heart Chris Kreider. That has to be the most goals they ever scored against him.

Quinn’s face when Pionk scored was priceless.

I was thinking this the other day. It used to be that if we scored 1 goal on him that would be a lot. The last few years we've scored 4 and 5. It's amazing how he flamed out. He was one of the best goalies of all time for a few years and now it's prety ordinary. As much as I've bitched at him, makes you appreciate Lundqvist.

True Blue

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
I'd have to agree with whoever said we should explore a Shattenkirk trade, he hasn't been terrible or anything but he isnt anything special anymore and we could get something decent for him if we offered him to say Toronto with a little retained salary.
I am all for moving Shattenkirk, but the troika of last year's injury, salary owed and this fairly mediocre play this year, may make it hard to rand a taker for him.

Reactions: TheGortonConspiracy

offdacrossbar

misfit fanboy
Jun 25, 2006
da cuse
Not only has DeAngelo played really well and his pairing with Skjei looked really good, but I just think he's a hilarious player between the whistles. Literally every break in the action he's jawing at someone or slashing someone's legs and trying to goad someone into something. He's Avery like in that way. Plus anytime something goes down when he's on the ice, he's the first one to throw himself into the fray.

He might be small but he definitely doesn't care. He's like a human version of an annoying yappy dog that won't leave you alone and keeps nipping at you. I really like it.

thats exactly the player he was here in syracuse. when i watched the crunch, he was ALWAYS one of the best players n the ice. you could tell he was uber talented and confident (cocky).

always engaged. always in someones face. very vocal. whacking stick on the ice and yapping his mouth.

he is like avery in that way. hes a character and i think a bit misunderstood. it doesnt have too be a negative though.

the talent is there. thats obvious. hes got "it" and as long as he uses that it for positive, then hes gonna be a heck of a player.

BringBackLibertys

Oct 10, 2007
Middlesex, NC
So am I the first one to come out with the "told you so" on Shatty? I was totally against signing him no matter what. I said we had ADA, and we needed to play him. Well, here we are, now discussing how we need to get rid of Shatty since we have multiple younger versions of him that are playing better.

Sorry, I am hardly every right, so I had to be all told you so here. :)

Larrybiv

We're CLEAN, we PROMISE!
May 14, 2013
South Florida
Don't worry. The value of Hayes is very good and we can trade him for something very interesting... soon. The sooner, the better. We need more first round picks.
From a selfish standpoint I dont want him to go sooner. In fact I really dont think that it is a given. Maybe I am in denial, and def in the minority, but something tells me he isnt going anywhere. Sometimes the obvious, isnt so obvious. Hard to believe that all of a sudden we have a glut of good centers.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad