Not open for further replies.

torero

Oct 5, 2007
West Sussex
www.scb.ch
hisherier 1.jpg
hischier 2.jpg

My3Sons

Nobody told me there'd be days like these...
Sponsor
i was wondering why he isn't on the PP ? actually the reason might be that he is tired and they are saving his energy for where it is the most needed.

I read a very interestin article on him, that i will paste in this thread in some hours. Where he speaks about his first NHL year. He is truly impressive. Veeeery humble guy. Respect.

He confesses that being tired was his main problem this year.

He’s a true warrior at only 19. He’s better than the draft pundits would have you believe and he’s only going to improve. I agree he could hit 25 goals next year with some luck and maybe hit 65-70 points all while playing great defense. He’s a cornerstone for the franchise. Couple that with his public persona and the team and fans won big when they won the lottery of the worst draft in history.

torero

Oct 5, 2007
West Sussex
www.scb.ch
Essentialy, he says that the transition from junior to NHL was very challenging. Imagine going from a junior league to the best league in the world. The worst enemy was fatigue and the devil's staff made an impressive job in making things easy for him. Great communication with the coach, made them to save minutes of play. And that has been probably what allowed him to finish the season. That the difference between a shot that goes in the net, and one that is stoped by the goalie or goes wide is very thiny. He doesn't credit his personal skill in the evolution of the points he scored during the year. He credits success per se (i probably lack the correct english wording to translate it perfectly). He essentialy doesn't see his success but rather to make the team better. This is essential. To be ellected player of the week in february was perceived as a "salary" for the global work but he keeps in mind the team first of all. Essentialy , he credits his team for having an amazing atmosphere in the locker room and is veeeery thankful to Taylor Hall to have helped him in dealing with the expectations on a first draft player. He still sees a lot of improvement in face offs, he is facing guys with X years of experience and has a lot to learn. He still has to put up some muscles.

I am impressed by the humility of his words. This guy is a great person. (i discovered this by reading this article in the local newspaper). Swiss journalisme is way more genuine than Anglo Saxon journalism. Therefore you truly perceive who this guy is.
You have to realize that he wasn't watched particularly here over. the NHL is far, during night and not too followed by people appart of the hard core hockey lovers. It is the first time i see something like that written on him.

FooteBahl

Took a big shitz for Nemec
Sponsor
Jul 19, 2005
Metuchen NJ
He’s a true warrior at only 19. He’s better than the draft pundits would have you believe and he’s only going to improve. I agree he could hit 25 goals next year with some luck and maybe hit 65-70 points all while playing great defense. He’s a cornerstone for the franchise. Couple that with his public persona and the team and fans won big when they won the lottery of the worst draft in history.
I honestly would be surprised if he didn’t put up 25 next year and 70 points.

Reactions: Blender and My3Sons

NjDevsRR

Anything Can Happen In Jersey
Apr 24, 2012
Belmar
Essentialy, he says that the transition from junior to NHL was very challenging. Imagine going from a junior league to the best league in the world. The worst enemy was fatigue and the devil's staff made an impressive job in making things easy for him. Great communication with the coach, made them to save minutes of play. And that has been probably what allowed him to finish the season. That the difference between a shot that goes in the net, and one that is stoped by the goalie or goes wide is very thiny. He doesn't credit his personal skill in the evolution of the points he scored during the year. He credits success per se (i probably lack the correct english wording to translate it perfectly). He essentialy doesn't see his success but rather to make the team better. This is essential. To be ellected player of the week in february was perceived as a "salary" for the global work but he keeps in mind the team first of all. Essentialy , he credits his team for having an amazing atmosphere in the locker room and is veeeery thankful to Taylor Hall to have helped him in dealing with the expectations on a first draft player. He still sees a lot of improvement in face offs, he is facing guys with X years of experience and has a lot to learn. He still has to put up some muscles.

I am impressed by the humility of his words. This guy is a great person. (i discovered this by reading this article in the local newspaper). Swiss journalisme is way more genuine than Anglo Saxon journalism. Therefore you truly perceive who this guy is.
You have to realize that he wasn't watched particularly here over. the NHL is far, during night and not too followed by people appart of the hard core hockey lovers. It is the first time i see something like that written on him.
Thanks for the share and translation! Good luck to the Preds.

Reactions: mtnet

Cheddabombs

Status Quo
Mar 13, 2012

Thank you for this! I'm constantly amazed by how humble Nico is. Everything is there for him. The skill, the work ethic, the personality. Sky is the limit

mtnet

LGD!
Oct 31, 2014

Thanks for translating.

Nico definitely comes across as humble and a team first player.

NjDevsRR

Anything Can Happen In Jersey
Apr 24, 2012
Belmar
We are like rats, whenever a Swiss player crosses your organization, we come crawling out of our holes to jump on your bandwagon. We change like the wind.
Hence my avatar...
As long as you keep Nico or add some Muellers we'll stand by your side at least ;)
Were you here during the Brunner days, or was he just that bad haha :rolleyes: He did score one crazy highlight reel goal when he was here though. He committed like 3 penalties on that play haha.

Last edited:

Cheddabombs

Status Quo
Mar 13, 2012
We are like rats, whenever a Swiss player crosses your organization, we come crawling out of our holes to jump on your bandwagon. We change like the wind.
Hence my avatar...
As long as you keep Nico or add some Muellers we'll stand by your side at least ;)

if you weren't here for our Brunner days then you don't deserve us during our Nico days :sarcasm:

severian

Aug 19, 2007
Westfield
Nico rules. So much is written about the discrepancy between his point total and Hall’s, but the maturity and poise of Hischier made Hall’s huge year possible IMO.

Reactions: Ripshot 43

BenedictGomez

Corsi is GROSSLY overrated
Oct 11, 2007
PRNJ
Essentialy, he says that the transition from junior to NHL was very challenging.

I like how Nico cut the guy off with "Are you serious?", when he begins the interview by saying since going from Juniors to the NHL was easy, etc.... He definitely has a good personality and a sense of humor (unlike Nolan Patrick's Ivan Drago personality).

Reactions: torero

swissexpert

Sep 21, 2009
if you weren't here for our Brunner days then you don't deserve us during our Nico days :sarcasm:
Oh I was here.
Not one of my favourite players since his attitude and work ethic never matched his skillset, but a fun player to watch for sure. At the time we only had Dmen and goalies who had made it in the NHL out of Switzerland so we all hoped for a forward with a 'nose' for the net..

Now back to Nico, who combines his talent with great personality and willingness to work hard!

Reactions: OmNomNom

torero

Oct 5, 2007
West Sussex
www.scb.ch
+++++++++
++++++++++++
Hence my avatar...

Allways with your humor !!

;-)

We are not like rats. We are more like cows. Grazing on the grassy slopes were Swiss players play ;-)

And it is a way to choose a team. Devil's have been truly fantastic to watch this year. Very entertaining. Good and fast hockey. (in Switzerland we like fast hockey)

Mueller, Nico ...maybe even Christoph could have a smell at the NHL. Who knows. He has talent as well. Just maybe not enough. He for sure has hockey IQ. But doesn't seem to be able to translate it on NA ice. Even Cory Schneider is Swiss. Don't laugh ... check !

I was here in the Brunner era. Sex on ice was his highest moment. (datsukean deke) Pity ... i never understood him. Maybe he was afraid of contact. ?? Which is not a positive feature in the NHL ;-)

Whatever, i hope the finale will be Nashville - Devils. And laugh at me if you want, but if the blue jackets eliminate Washington, i believe it to be very very feasable. Devil's have the tools. When they are on, they will give a headach to any team. Except ... Washington.

Last edited:
Reactions: OmNomNom
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad