GDT: 13 Jan 2015 - Wild @ Pens - Rock Bottom Edition - 6PM CST / 2AM Suomi - NBCSN

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wild11MN

First round losers
May 28, 2013
MN
If it's safe to assume Suter was on the PK where they scored in 5 seconds, he was out there for 6 GA today. Along with an incoming suspension.

Also, did Falk get hurt? Had under 2 minutes of ice time. Not that he's not the worst player on the ice, but with Suter and Scandella out.. yikes.

BigT2002

Dec 6, 2006
Somwhere
If it's safe to assume Suter was on the PK where they scored in 5 seconds, he was out there for 6 GA today. Along with an incoming suspension.

Also, did Falk get hurt? Had under 2 minutes of ice time. Not that he's not the worst player on the ice, but with Suter and Scandella out.. yikes.

I'd imagine he was benched. No one could keep up with Pitt but the main 4 basically.

jedisports

Jul 4, 2012
I don't know how Yeo doesn't get fired after this. I don't even know if he's totally the problem but you HAVE to make a change regardless. You just have to. Something's not working. Right or wrong, the coach is the first to go. Yeo has to receive his walking papers after this one.

BigT2002

Dec 6, 2006
Somwhere
I'll be watching Russo's Twitter like a hawk tonight....

Which he said they are having a Players Only meeting right now.

BurnsyMN

Mar 27, 2014
St Paul
Graff just tweeted the Wild having a long closed door meeting. What can you possibly say right now that hasn't been said? Should I prep myself for some exciting drama or should I know better and the same old post game presser is coming a little later?

jedisports

Jul 4, 2012
The playoffs are out of the question, but you need to fix that room and show players, like Parise, that you care about righting the ship. The players are guilty of a lot of crap too, but it's easier to move the coach. And with Yeo refusing to make adjustments, my fear is that players will start turning on each other, and players won't want to come here this summer. We have HALF a season left. We can't go on like this. The room has to be fixed BEFORE the summer. Suter needs a break. Something HAS to change and getting a new voice in the room is a start.

^^^ Yes, yes and more yes. Exactly how I feel. Yeo has to go.

gphr513

Watch the world burn
Jan 14, 2014
Minneapolis, MN
Yeah something has to be done.

I didn't watch the game, was it a total team loss?

I mean, if you just keep getting SHELLACKED like this, do you risk some of these guys just getting totally broken, and cause a bunch of confidence issues in seasons to come?

I mean, I literally know I don't have to tune in to watch this team right now because I know they are going to get smoked. It's sad.

elnewby

Feb 21, 2012
MT
This team is broken and Yeo doesn't know what to do. He's tried everything he knows and it hasn't worked.

As much as I'm okay with riding out the season with the current group.

A respected veteran coach could be a necessity either now or over the summer.

BurnsyMN

Mar 27, 2014
St Paul
Stop me if you've heard this before from Yeo "I liked our energy early. We were creating chances, defending well and one mistake and the game got away from us"

BigT2002

Dec 6, 2006
Somwhere
Stop me if you've heard this before from Yeo "I liked our energy early. We were creating chances, defending well and one mistake and the game got away from us"

I wonder if he just has a board he throws darts at for what he will use in the presser.

BigT2002

Dec 6, 2006
Somwhere
Edmonton has actually been better. Only Buffalo has been worse.

sadpanda.png

Swervin81

Leaf fan | YYZ -> SEA
Nov 10, 2011
Seattle, WA
Is there a team who has been more pathetic the last 2-3 weeks than us? I just can't imagine anybody playing worse than we have.

The Leafs :help:. Sabres have also really slumped.

Honestly... I think Yeo has lost the room. When your coach has a meltdown in practice and the players immediately respond with more losses, including giving up a touchdown with the extra point... that tells me something psychologically is off. I mean, even with the atrocious goaltending, this is a bit of an extreme slump. If we played like this this whole year, I'm pretty sure we'd end the year with less wins than the Vikings did.

NHL1674

Whatever...
Sponsor
Aug 8, 2008
Minnesota
I wouldn't risk the message sent by doing nothing about Yeo!
Very much this. Yes, people want to tank. But you have to think about what message you're sending by not doing s&$t after these repeated train wrecks. Parise still cares. A few other guys still care. FA'a will take notice. You can't accept what is going on now and turn your back for another half season. The message sent could bite you in the butt. You don't have to fix every weakness, but at least get a new voice in the room before serious damage is done.

melinko

Jun 13, 2010
Minnesota

Its true though. We started the game fine and were getting great chances. Pittsburgh scored once and the game was over, they stopped playing.

BigT2002

Dec 6, 2006
Somwhere
Very much this. Yes, people want to tank. But you have to think about what message you're sending by not doing s&$t after these repeated train wrecks. Parise still cares. A few other guys still care. FA'a will take notice. You can't accept what is going on now and turn your back for another half season. The message sent could bite you in the butt. You don't have to fix every weakness, but at least get a new voice in the room before serious damage is done.

Outside of goaltending, this team doesn't need any more aging vets who are overpaid to come here.

BurnsyMN

Mar 27, 2014
St Paul

Speaking of messages, last season the Wild sent out Season Ticket renewal notices in April with a deadline to renew before the season was even over. If they send that memo this year i'm gonna laugh so hard.

NHL1674

Whatever...
Sponsor
Aug 8, 2008
Minnesota
And it's sad how Suter is being labeled as a cheap player. Yes, he made a dumb decision and should pay. But many clean players do that from time to time. Look at his history. But because we have Cooke, we're all cheap.

Honestly, he could use the break anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad