GDT: 13 Jan 2015 - Wild @ Pens - Rock Bottom Edition - 6PM CST / 2AM Suomi - NBCSN

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wild48

Ski U Mah
Nov 10, 2011
Duluth
Parise once again speaking the truth while Koivu either doesn't say anything or says something no one believes:

Mikko Koivu: "It’s embarrassing and every single guy should feel that;â€

What's not to believe about that quote? You're just trying to invent a criticism of Koivu here.

Gaps

Oct 3, 2012
Maybe Yeo's system is too demanding? When they were playing great they were dominating to a degree that would never be sustainable for an entire year (the effort was off the charts). Maybe that's why the team has always been so streaky under yeo

Just might be an effective but inefficient system that cannot be sustained?

System issues are one thing, but this is mostly on goaltending and its demoralizing effect on the rest of the team. If you don't fix the goaltending, firing Yeo won't make a difference. Yeo may be an issue, but he's not the heart of the problem this time.

I say just wrap up the season. Suter's tired, rest him, if you can find a physical cause, put him on IR. Koivu's injured, put him on IR. Same with everyone else who has an injury. Tell Parise to take some personal time off. It's not like this is would make things much worse.

Billy Mays Here*

Mikko Koivu: "It’s embarrassing and every single guy should feel that;â€

What's not to believe about that quote? You're just trying to invent a criticism of Koivu here.

Was talking on a broader scope of Koivu not so much tonight.

NHL1674

Whatever...
Sponsor
Aug 8, 2008
Minnesota
That damn letter "C"....I tell ya...it's dragging this team down. :sarcasm:

Sorry, losing so much has made me delirious. Still, I laugh whenever that letter comes up in a conversation of how to fix this club right now. It's taken on a life of its own.

Billy Mays Here*

That was't very clear in your original comment. Strange time to bring up the issue.

Who cares. I'd love to see if stripping Koivu of the captaincy does something though. No, not the whole "that won't make the team play better argument". But I'd be curious how Koivu would react to it and if it would light a fire under him.

NHL1674

Whatever...
Sponsor
Aug 8, 2008
Minnesota
Who cares. I'd love to see if stripping Koivu of the captaincy does something though. No, not the whole "that won't make the team play better argument". But I'd be curious how Koivu would react to it and if it would light a fire under him.
How do you think he would react? How would you react if you got demoted in a very public way? Yes, it may light a fire. Or it may go the other way and make things worse. It's a damned if you do, damned if you don't situation for him. If he reacts in an angry fashion, people will say he pouts and isn't a team player. If he doesn't react badly, people will say he must not care so of course he sucked as a captain.

hirawl

Used Register
Dec 27, 2010
Parise once again speaking the truth while Koivu either doesn't say anything or says something no one believes:

Just because you say it does not make it true. And I mean you.

You think that this is turned around by something said out in public? Think again.

Wild48

Ski U Mah
Nov 10, 2011
Duluth
How do you think he would react? How would you react if you got demoted in a very public way? Yes, it may light a fire. Or it may go the other way and make things worse. It's a damned if you do, damned if you don't situation for him. If he reacts in an angry fashion, people will say he pouts and isn't a team player. If he doesn't react badly, people will say he must not care so of course he sucked as a captain.

Koivu being stripped of the c will cure Harding's ms.

Gaps

Oct 3, 2012

Anybody who hasn't been publicly humiliated couldn't possibly understand what that kind of a thing feels like. And honestly I doubt many people wanting that in this case have any idea what it would feel like. Clamoring for it even if you hate their guts is sad.

Billy Mays Here*

Just because you say it does not make it true. And I mean you.

You think that this is turned around by something said out in public? Think again.

Would love you to point out where I said this team will turn it around by talking. I'm one of the guys that doesn't want them to turn it around at this point, remember?

As for stripping Koivu of the C, if they ever did do it, you folks are probably right in that it shouldn't be done during the season. That's more of an off-season change kind of thing. You think if we ever got a really good 1C (McJesus perhaps?) that stripping Koivu of his captaincy would get him to waive his no trade clause? I suppose not, doubt he wants to leave here. Then again, if we ever wanted to trade him, shaming him might be the only way.

NHL1674

Whatever...
Sponsor
Aug 8, 2008
Minnesota
Would love you to point out where I said this team will turn it around by talking. I'm one of the guys that doesn't want them to turn it around at this point, remember?

As for stripping Koivu of the C, if they ever did do it, you folks are probably right in that it shouldn't be done during the season. That's more of an off-season change kind of thing. You think if we ever got a really good 1C (McJesus perhaps?) that stripping Koivu of his captaincy would get him to waive his no trade clause? I suppose not, doubt he wants to leave here. Then again, if we ever wanted to trade him, shaming him might be the only way.
That's not the reputation you want to create for your team though. The guy isn't this monster that some make him out to be though. He could very well accept something. We have no idea. Honestly, Koivu needs to take on a role similar to Walz. Third line...checking line....all grit.....leave the high flying crap to the top 2 centers.

And if we get McJesus, I'll eat my hat and shoe. Hell, if we get the 2nd draft pick, I'll eat both shoes.

plock

Sonic Reducer
Oct 5, 2013
Mill City

After the season Koivu has his meeting with whoever the GM is and they say...

"Mikko next year the coach will be choosing a new captain.Also we are looking into picking up a top center and your minutes will be relegated to the 3rd and 4th lines of course if you would prefer a trade we would accomodate your wishes."

Billy Mays Here*

After the season Koivu has his meeting with whoever the GM is and they say...

"Mikko next year the coach will be choosing a new captain.Also we are looking into picking up a top center and your minutes will be relegated to the 3rd and 4th lines of course if you would prefer a trade we would accomodate your wishes."

"Mikko, we've decided to trade you to Edmonton"

*Walks out and flips off management*

NHL1674

Whatever...
Sponsor
Aug 8, 2008
Minnesota
"Mikko, we've decided to trade you to Edmonton"

*Walks out and flips off management*
*Then he walks back in* "You can't trade me there. I have a NTC. If Heatley can turn down a trade there, then so can I."

*Walks out and flips off management again and knees Nordy in the crotch*

BurnsyMN

Mar 27, 2014
St Paul
That's not the reputation you want to create for your team though. The guy isn't this monster that some make him out to be though. He could very well accept something. We have no idea. Honestly, Koivu needs to take on a role similar to Walz. Third line...checking line....all grit.....leave the high flying crap to the top 2 centers.

And if we get McJesus, I'll eat my hat and shoe. Hell, if we get the 2nd draft pick, I'll eat both shoes.

Parise is a 50 goal scorer if we by some miracle draft him and he centers Zach.
Bank it.

Wild Caniac

@WildCaniac
Jan 23, 2013
NC
Really happy i didnt have to see this beatdown tonight. Sundays game ended my hope for the season. I dont think Yeo is the problem but he is going to have to be the scapegoat. Something drastic needs to be done tomorrow.

Lapa

Global Moderator
Feb 21, 2010
We're barely playing with intensity. Zero heart, zero grit. I swear, it's like they're allergic to making big hits. Just endless surfing around the boards trying to make a play that eventually fails.

Sharppi

4 more years of Dub.
Jul 15, 2011
Finland
We're barely playing with intensity. Zero heart, zero grit. I swear, it's like they're allergic to making big hits. Just endless surfing around the boards trying to make a play that eventually fails.

That's the point I also saw. No checking at all. Wild does nothing for the other team, they just try to play their own gameplan and take the other team out from theirs. Sure, keeping the puck in offensive zone boards makes the stats look nice and generates very bad shots but you don't win games that way, if the opposing team gets to play their game just as they want to. Hit Malkin, hit Crosby, hit Letang. Make their life miserable on the ice.

But yeah, I'm okay with getting blown out every night. Great draft.

Lapa

Global Moderator
Feb 21, 2010
That's the point I also saw. No checking at all. Wild does nothing for the other team, they just try to play their own gameplan and take the other team out from theirs. Sure, keeping the puck in offensive zone boards makes the stats look nice and generates very bad shots but you don't win games that way, if the opposing team gets to play their game just as they want to. Hit Malkin, hit Crosby, hit Letang. Make their life miserable on the ice.

Exactly. We are making it too easy for the opponents. They can basically just walk in front of the crease and do whatever they want. Adding a guy like Fistric would fit a need in that sense.

Eye Floater

Feb 3, 2009
USA
whoever was on the radio thing for that kfan thing were bumbling fools

dunno how ppl like that get jobs / airtime. If you can't form a sentence.... don't get paid to peak to people.

I have no idea how Mileski and Michelleti have their own show together. They are truly awful and probably the two worst supposed hockey minds in the Twin Cities media.

Mileski, on the Common Man Progrum yesterday, said "Parise is a better player than Ovechkin...I would take Parise over Ovechkin any day"...I honestly could not believe what I was hearing. For the rest of the show, he was getting ripped to shreds by all of the callers and emailers.

Gaps

Oct 3, 2012
I have no idea how Mileski and Michelleti have their own show together. They are truly awful and probably the two worst supposed hockey minds in the Twin Cities media.

Mileski, on the Common Man Progrum yesterday, said "Parise is a better player than Ovechkin...I would take Parise over Ovechkin any day"...I honestly could not believe what I was hearing. For the rest of the show, he was getting ripped to shreds by all of the callers and emailers.

I'd take Parise over Ovechkin too, but not because he's the better player (offensively speaking he definitely isn't). I haven't listened to those 2, but if their Twitter accounts are any indication, I don't think I've missed out on anything.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad