GDT: 13 Jan 2015 - Wild @ Pens - Rock Bottom Edition - 6PM CST / 2AM Suomi - NBCSN

Status
Not open for further replies.

Billy Mays Here*

Watch this team just annihilate the Pens tonight and make us all ask what the hell is going on. Bylsma will be in the background after the game with a sad face.

Nsjohnson

Hockey.
Jun 22, 2012
Miami
I think we will see the Pens route us 4-1. Ug.

Can we please borrow Malkin? We'll give him back...I swear.

Lapa

Global Moderator
Feb 21, 2010
I bet Dan Bylsma is watching the game, smiling, as Crosby makes it 3-0 in the first period.

gphr513

Watch the world burn
Jan 14, 2014
Minneapolis, MN
Haha, thread title immediately brought this song to my head:

Pretty good song for the Wild right now.

"Wastin' away. We're hitting rock bottom and going down in flames" :laugh:

And we're on NBCSN again? Great, another chance to embarrass ourselves on national TV!!

Engebretson

Thank you, sweet rabbit
Nov 4, 2010
Minnesota
tumblr_lzvdpx1WY31qcay1ao1_500.gif

Uberdachen

Posts Last 5 Minutes
Sep 5, 2012
Pants.
I don't know what I hope for.

I'd like to get something corrective out of a half season of garbage, like a high draft pick that could land a much-needed center, but I also don't want to sit through another half season of unwatchable garbage.
So I'd also like for them to correct the season, but if they're able to just correct it by suddenly not sucking, then why the hell have they been sucking so bad? I don't want the solution to have been that easy either.

I guess, in the end, what I hope for is Minnesota and Pittsburgh's centers bumping into each other in the hallway and touching shoulders at the exact moment a lightning strike plunges into the building and through a VHS copy of Vice Versa stuck under the floorboards of the second floor before it hits all the centers at the same time and switches them onto opposite teams. And a castle.

buketdude

Feb 28, 2012
Connecticut
Even if they won it would not mean much...consistency..it will take 2-3 weeks before i believe there is an actual change...they could win tonight and lost 5-1 Buffalo..then lose 8 more in a row

AKL

Danila Yurov Fan Club President
Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
With all these games coming up that we could win, these are the games we need to lose. We have to lose all the games against teams we should lose to if we want a chance at
6790095_orig.jpg

Jesus comma Brodin

Effing Norris-Byng Brodin
Feb 22, 2013
Minnesota
Lines tonight:

Parise-Koivu-Pominville
Vanek-Haula-Fontaine
Zucker-Coyle-Niederreiter
Cooke-Brodziak-Carter

Per Daily Faceoff credited to Chad Graff.

Now, I don't understand how or why these are the lines but discuss as usual if you wish

AKL

Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
Makes sense to me.
PKP line being brought back because, although it didn't work the first time, hey it might spark something this time.
Zucker-Coyle-Nino line is as fire as a line on this team can currently be, and you don't touch fire.
Cooke-Brodziak-Carter is the no brainer fourth line.
Vanek-Haula-Fontaine is the spare parts line.

JudgeJimmie

Oct 5, 2013
Rochester, MN
Did Schroeder get sent down or hurt or something?

I'd imagine that Zuck - Coyle - Nino line is more of the 2nd line before the Haula line.. Strange!

JudgeJimmie

Oct 5, 2013
Rochester, MN
Did Schroeder get sent down or hurt or something?

I'd imagine that Zuck - Coyle - Nino line is more of the 2nd line before the Haula line.. Strange!

Just to answer my own question about Schroeder..
From Russo:
"Yeo explains Schroeder is out bc if #mnwild expects to trade chance for chance tonight with #Pens, they'll get "killed.""

"Yeo's reasoning is not a shot at Schroeder; he just means Fontaine knows system better and fits checking line role better"

Not sure how I feel about that quote...

Jesus comma Brodin

Effing Norris-Byng Brodin
Feb 22, 2013
Minnesota
Just to answer my own question about Schroeder..
From Russo:
"Yeo explains Schroeder is out bc if #mnwild expects to trade chance for chance tonight with #Pens, they'll get "killed.""

"Yeo's reasoning is not a shot at Schroeder; he just means Fontaine knows system better and fits checking line role better"

Not sure how I feel about that quote...

I just read it as well and it I guess it makes sense in theory.

AKL

Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
Fontaine fits a checking line role better? They put him with Vanek and Haula. Not sure how that's a checking line.

Schroeder is the better player. You play your better players if you want to win.

Then again why am I complaining, I don't want to win.

Victorious Secret

2024 Lottery Winner
Jul 18, 2011
Matt's Meat Market
We're already down to an 11% chance of making the playoffs. Down from 46% just a week ago. Lowest we got to last year was 5%, but that was also a week earlier in the year, giving us more time to recover. One more bad week and we could be done. Let's earn this pick.

Engebretson

Thank you, sweet rabbit
Nov 4, 2010
Minnesota
So, the way I'm taking Yeo's comments, the only way Schroeder sees the lineup is if he's playing a top 6 role, right?

So, why not:

Parise-Koivu-Pominville
Zucker-Schroeder-Niederreiter
Vanek-Haula-Coyle
Cooke-Brodziak-Carter

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad