GDT: #13 - Devils at Blues 8pm NHL network - Emergency GDT

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
I thought that second goal was weak. The one on the breakaway. Went through his arm.

Really had no problem with the other goals.

Our PK sucked ass again. What else is new there? I don't remember our PK EVER being this bad. They're usually good for two goals against per game.

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
I thought that second goal was weak. The one on the breakaway. Went through his arm.

Really had no problem with the other goals.

Our PK sucked ass again. What else is new there? I don't remember our PK EVER being this bad. They're usually good for two goals against per game.

He was REALLY pissed at himself. Not blaming anything on Cory, but you could see he wanted that one back.

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
At what point do they show some urgency on fixing this PK? We are giving up two PP goals per game half the time.

njdevils1982

Hell Toupée!!!
Sep 8, 2006
North of Toronto
tonights trivia.

liutbluesRackMultipart.26752.0_display_image.jpg

i remembered due to collecting cards years back.....he was recognizable. i also pictured him in whaler uniform.

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Just heard that we have 28 regulation wins in our last 119 games. That's expansion team type stuff. But yet, somehow this coach is still here.

Come on bro. You can't realistically expect better than that from a team that has the cremated remains of Zubrus playing in the top 6 every night.

Oh wait, whose fault is that?

EnglishDevil

Nov 11, 2009
London, UK & Chicago, US
Just heard that we have 28 regulation wins in our last 119 games. That's expansion team type stuff. But yet, somehow this coach is still here.

Yep, this team has been toothless and pathetic for several seasons now; obviously the roster of washed up veterans isn't helping but it's hard to get excited for the games lately, we're putrid.

And thanks to the posters above me for the information on Clowe; another concussion might be the end of him if that's the case, could be a blessing in disguise given his play so far though, nothing against him as a person but he drags down whatever line he's on similar to Zubrus.

This team is just a mess right now, it needs drastic changes (in any way shape or form) in the worst possible way.

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007

Jesus christ...how do we even have as good a point total as we've had? All those SO loss points keep us afloat but it's an illusion.

AfroThunder396

[citation needed]
Jan 8, 2006
Miami, FL
It's not even that our PK is bad, it's that our PK is bad AND we're taking tons of penalties. Only two teams have taken more penalties than we have.

The only team with a worse PK than us, the Islanders, have the fewest PK's in the league at 36. We've had 54.

Benedict Parisechuk

Army of Pandolfo's
Apr 5, 2013
Chicago, IL
Come on bro. You can't realistically expect better than that from a team that has the cremated remains of Zubrus playing in the top 6 every night.

Oh wait, whose fault is that?

Jesus Christ

That's....just....something isn't it?

Yep, this team has been toothless and pathetic for several seasons now; obviously the roster of washed up veterans isn't helping but it's hard to get excited for the games lately, we're putrid.

And thanks to the posters above me for the information on Clowe; another concussion might be the end of him if that's the case, could be a blessing in disguise given his play so far though, nothing against him as a person but he drags down whatever line he's on similar to Zubrus.

This team is just a mess right now, it needs drastic changes (in any way shape or form) in the worst possible way.

Jesus christ...how do we even have as good a point total as we've had? All those SO loss points keep us afloat but it's an illusion.

My buddy did the math on that but if you take out overtime wins/losses and shootout wins/losses it apparently is that bad lol

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Did Zubrus take another offensive zone penalty tonight?

I mean it when I say I hate him a TON more than Bernier.

Go **** yourself you washed up POS!:rant:

Now I don't feel so bad for him for all the hate he took over the years, back when we actually good. Bak when he was actually living.

Whaddagoal

Junktime season...
Nov 28, 2005
New Jersey
It's not even that our PK is bad, it's that our PK is bad AND we're taking tons of penalties. Only two teams have taken more penalties than we have.

The only team with a worse PK than us, the Islanders, have the fewest PK's in the league at 36. We've had 54.

They're taking so many penalties because the fwd's that Pete has at his disposal sooo freakin' slow. All they can do is hook/interfere when they get caught in a bad transition going the other way. I really like Jagr, but he aint 30 anymore, and eventhough he had a good roll going last season, offensively.... Look Zubrus took that dumb hook after the guy was breaking out with speed of his own zone.... With Jagr, if this team (coach and teammates) are expecting him to shoulder the load again, they have to be crazy. The guy can make a move and when really needed get a good stride going, but he if he gets caught, he's lumbering. Hopefully Havlat and Cam come back sooooooon, so he can relax a bit. I think when those two get back things will settle in place, provided they aren't damaged goods for hte season already.

Look at the Blues, and the other team, Winnepeg, barely kept pace with that team.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad