GDT: #13 - Devils at Blues 8pm NHL network - Emergency GDT

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ben Matlock

Resteriged Uesr
Aug 21, 2007
We were missing five guys plus Clowe from our opening night lineup and lost a road game against one of the best teams in the league. Chillax people.

Capt Nico Poo

Holik to HHOF
Nov 7, 2009
Finland
A: No we didn't get shut out. You can't just throw goals away no matter when they were scored.

B: Jake Allen is actually an excellent goalie who might be better then Elliot.

C: Blues have the second best GAA in the league.

It is annoying to lose two in a row, but this Blues team is good, and they play a very stifling and frustrating game. It is not fun being on the other side of their game because of it.

There is a point to be frustrated, but there is also overreaction. Lots of guys don't post when we win, and only show up for loses clamoring for firings and to blow the team up. We aren't the Ducks or anything, but we aren't Buffalo either (watch some of their games and come back and lets talk about uninspiring hockey).

Guys are entitled to your opinions, but personally I think some of it is a bit overboard. My two cents.

Scoring 3 when opposing team already thought they had it in the bag doesnt make amends to failing go score for the past 118min. Devils got owned the way an AHL team should get pwned by an nhl team. Inexcusable. Aiming for playoffs would be a moronic strategy in the long haul.

Bcap88

Ruff season that’s for sure
Aug 12, 2011
Chicago
We were missing five guys plus Clowe from our opening night lineup and lost a road game against one of the best teams in the league. Chillax people.

Sometimes excuses need to stop and some guys need to answer the bell. No one is going to feel sorry for this team. They have to dig down deep and pull some **** out if they truly want to be good. Half the league deals with injuries yet the same excellent teams overcome these injuries. Teams take after their coaches and this team surely does take after theirs. No sense of urgency, no pep in their step, lethargic and disinterested. At some point the "Its ok you will get them next time" mentality needs to stop

Capt Nico Poo

Holik to HHOF
Nov 7, 2009
Finland

Even with injuries the team should find a way to rack up Ws. 2-5 i believe is the record for last 7 games. It seems to be the system that isnt working here. If it is not the system then it's the players, and the GM is the one responsible for building a proper team.

Devils seem like the public sector: There is the problem A, that is the result of factors B, C and D. Nobody takes responsibility and the problem A remains unsolved.

This **** has been going on since the cup run, nothing new under the sun.

Devils Unseen Hand

Jul 25, 2002
Ocean County
Just saw the box score for a double check. And are you kidding me?!? Cory plays pedestrian & Kinky gets the loss for playing 1 period? I would be pissed if I was him.

Its becoming obvious Cory CANNOT handle the same amount of games Marty did. Two different type players. I would limit him to 55 games from what he's shown so far this year. He's been more of a disappointment, then impressive.

Elias again has looked like AHL material. A real coach would sit his ass for a couple of games to send a message!

Uli Hiemer

Dr. Evil
Oct 19, 2011
Queens
Just saw the box score for a double check. And are you kidding me?!? Cory plays pedestrian & Kinky gets the loss for playing 1 period? I would be pissed if I was him.

Its becoming obvious Cory CANNOT handle the same amount of games Marty did. Two different type players. I would limit him to 55 games from what he's shown so far this year. He's been more of a disappointment, then impressive.

Elias again has looked like AHL material. A real coach would sit his ass for a couple of games to send a message!

What goalie ever played as much as Brodeur did?

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007

You just saw the box score from last night and that's what makes it obvious Cory can't handle 70 games? What goals in the last two games were Cory's fault? The goal where Tarasenko was triple covered and ***** slapped Ryder and Severson with a deke to get open for a brillant move? The breakaway goal by Schwartz? The power play goal tap-in on the doorstep last night or the power play goal by Tarasenko Tuesday?

This PK is awful and THE biggest reason why this team isn't winning right now. The PK gave up ANOTHER goal after Cory got pulled, I guess that was Kinkaid's fault too. As far as workload, Cory's only played one back to back all season and that one had two days off on both ends of it. Tonight'll be the second one. He's been fine the last few games after a slow start.

Last edited:

MadDevil

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 10, 2007
Bismarck, ND
Problem is we really can't afford to sit Elias to "send a message". We need all the bodies we can up front right now.

It figures too, we finally sign a couple forwards who looked like they were going to help, and now everybody is getting injured and our forwards look just as bad, if not worse, than last year. If I believed in the hockey gods I'd say we've pissed them off somehow.

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
Elias is the last guy you need to send a message to anyway, he knows he's been awful. The worry is he's shot or playing hurt, not that he's not trying.

Nocashstyle

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 27, 2009
NJ

Schneider played fine. Relax. None of the goals were his fault

tr83

Nope, still embarassed
Oct 14, 2013
Jersey Shore
What happened to the team that was crashing the net all preseason and 5 games into this season? We're back to dump and chase, dump and chase, dump and chase.

The PK is terribad. How do you leave Backes alone in front of the net like that with nobody pushing him out of the way?

I know they're playing without 2 or 3 guys, but the other guys on this roster have been invisible. Where's the motivation? The next-man-up mentality? They look content to play not to lose.

Frustrating

Ben Matlock

Resteriged Uesr
Aug 21, 2007
how long we gonna be using this excuse for exactly?

I'm only using it for this past game. I'm not claiming there are no problems, but reading the comments it seems as if people are freaking out more now than after other games so far this season. Just the wrong game to freak out after imo. I don't think anyone was expecting any points going into this game.

Combat Koala

Tough buildings never die
Oct 29, 2014
Stopped watching the game at 3-0. Guess I should have kept watching since the players who are expected to show up decided to go for a comeback when there were a few minutes left. What a useless effort, how about trying to play a full 60 minutes for once? Though it would have been nearly epic if Zajac would have buried his chance but oh well... I'm really worried about his play, seems like he can't even wipe his own ass without Langenbrunner and Parise helping him out. But maybe those goals will get guys going, would like to see Ryder starting to cash in since we are in a situation where the needed players are injured. Also, minor giggling at mister Bandaid getting injured. Never wish that upon a player but his situation is getting nearly hilarious. LTIR, anyone?

The special teams really need to be revamped. The PK is just unacceptably bad and the PP, despite scoring goals, can't get any real offensive zone pressure going on. It is frustrating to watch. The PK's biggest problem is the inability to clear the puck along the fact that they are playing very passively and the formation more than often looks like a 3-1 bunch instead of the typical 2-2 square. And that leaves everyone open on the otherside. Never thought I would miss Carter and Fayne this much.

Atleast the players who showed up got to play, Ruutu with over 13 minutes of ice time. Really interested in seeing how DeBoer makes the lines for tonights game with all those injuries. Was there a postgame interview by the way, would love to hear his excuses?

/rant

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
We should have a guessing game at the lineup

Zubrus-Zajac-Jagr
Brunner-Elias-Ryder
Ruutu-Josefson-Bernier
Sislo-Gionta-Tootoo

Forwards and D should be the same barring another last-minute reveal.

Better Call Sal

Salnalysis
Nov 24, 2011
New Jersey
how long we gonna be using this excuse for exactly?

Considering we lost Clowe during this game and only missed Henrique for this game, I would imagine this game is the only one this excuse will be used for.

Again, I thought they played well for the most part of the home game until the 3rd period where the passes got progressively worse. This game was a different story because the breakdowns were too costly and you can't afford to make those mental mistakes against a team such as St. Louis who is quick enough to capitalize.

No one is saying this team is perfect, they're far from it, but the mistakes are correctable. The injuries to key players, however, is going to affect this team greatly. We're not deep enough to lose players like Henrique, Cammalleri and even Havlat and Clowe for an extended period of time.

Chessarmy

Mar 16, 2009
Florida
I'm proud of our squad, they crawled back into the game late and almost pulled off a miracle with a decimated line up at forward. They were awful defensively (Severson looked like an amateur against Tarasenko) and the PK sucked again, giving up an unstoppable goal for Schneider, but the guys up front tried and almost made this one hell of a comeback story. I don't fault Schneider for this one, he gave up a breakaway, a Tarasenko goal in which he undressed both NJ D-men, and a one timer from the slot. You don't fault the goaltender in those situations.

With that said, I think he could use a rest, I'd love to see Kinkaid get a try tonight if only because he looked so impressive during his limited play.

Its a loss, so that's never fun - but I'm proud of how this team handled themselves last night and almost came back.

OmNomNom

Taco is Love, Taco is Life
Mar 3, 2011
In the Church of Salmela
I'm proud of our squad, they crawled back into the game late and almost pulled off a miracle with a decimated line up at forward. They were awful defensively (Severson looked like an amateur against Tarasenko) and the PK sucked again, giving up an unstoppable goal for Schneider, but the guys up front tried and almost made this one hell of a comeback story. I don't fault Schneider for this one, he gave up a breakaway, a Tarasenko goal in which he undressed both NJ D-men, and a one timer from the slot. You don't fault the goaltender in those situations.

I was saying in the severson thread that while having PMDs is nice, many don't really play a strong body-to-body defensive game, which is where our lack in stay-at-home defense showed last night. Sevs is good at poke checking and stopping passes, but when you're up against good hands and speed, that isn't gonna help you much. so people like helgeson or, as billingtons ghost said, santini (so excited), are going to be really important for the future. at LEAST two in a lineup against a fast team like this one

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad