1290 Radio, Part VIII

Status
Not open for further replies.

TS Quint

I can see!
Sep 8, 2012
I’ve asked before, but I think Edmonds/Munz/Beyak are all Bell Media employees. They’re not employed by TNSE. However, I’m sure TNSE has a huge say in who to hire/not hire.

I could be wrong, but that’s how it was explained to me in past.
Edmonds said he works for the Jets. But who knows what that means in his mind. Either way the line is as blurry as it gets.

Reactions: drumzan

Steve1964

Nov 21, 2019
Edmonds said he works for the Jets. But who knows what that means in his mind. Either way the line is as blurry as it gets.
Edmunds wishes/wants to work for the Jets.... His sole employer is Bell Media... Edmunds lives in a dream world where he is a superstar in the media..... Edmunds should simply thank his lucky stars he is anywhere near an NHL market.... His abilities are more suited for doing Ice games.

Reactions: Deedog99

Hank Chinaski

May 29, 2007
YFO
When Jay Richardson was fired from the Big Show and they brought Edmonds in for a few months, it was the worst radio I've ever heard. Toth, as much as he's maligned for his bad takes, is still a zillion times better than Paul.

I almost forgot about that period. And I recall Edmonds being pretty much a humourless buzzkill in that role.

Reactions: Steve1964

drumzan

#NHLJets
Jul 9, 2011
For all his idiosyncrasies I actually like Beyak. Much more natural sounding than Edmonds who seems to be trying too hard to be “iconic”
Next time you hear Beyak being interviewed, listen to how many times he says “uhhhhhh”. And once you pay attention to it, it’s all you’ll hear. I always thought one of the first things they teach broadcasters is to eliminate uhhh from vocabulary.

Jets 31

This Dude loves the Jets and GIF's
Sponsor
Mar 3, 2015
Winnipeg
Next time you hear Beyak being interviewed, listen to how many times he says “uhhhhhh”. And once you pay attention to it, it’s all you’ll hear. I always thought one of the first things they teach broadcasters is to eliminate uhhh from vocabulary.
Ya it drives me squirrelly too , uhhhhhh , well uhhhhhh , i think , uhhhhhh . :help:

Steve1964

Nov 21, 2019
Hey Kevin O'idiot… Why did the chicken cross the road???? To get to the other side!

O'idiot: Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Lol Lol Lol Lol Lol Ha Ha Ha Ha Lol Lol Ha Lol Ha Lol Ha Lol Ha Lol Haaaaaaaaa!!!!!!!

Frriggen arse clown belongs on Churchill radio.... Weekends...Midnight shift

SUX2BU

User of registers
Feb 6, 2018
Canada
Hey Kevin O'idiot… Why did the chicken cross the road???? To get to the other side!

O'idiot: Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Lol Lol Lol Lol Lol Ha Ha Ha Ha Lol Lol Ha Lol Ha Lol Ha Lol Ha Lol Haaaaaaaaa!!!!!!!

Frriggen arse clown belongs on Churchill radio.... Weekends...Midnight shift

I lived there once upon a time, so no

Last edited:

kanadalainen

A pint of dark matter, please.
Jan 7, 2017
The 100th Meridian
I lived there once upon a time, so no

Not even for the local fun?

tumblr_owdeim9esC1toamj8o1_500.gif

Steve1964

Nov 21, 2019
It's always great when Toth is away (too bad it's not permanent). However Westwood sure proves why he is not a number one guy:

"Westwood and Rewucki here having a bunch of fun. Jim Big Rig Toth will be back tomorrow (cough cough). Let's look at the Jets now. Westwood and Rewucki here, Jim Big Rig Toth (cough cough) will be back tomorrow. So the Jets had a good November. Westwood and Rewucki here having a bunch of fun. Jim Big Rig Toth will be back tomorrow (cough cough)."

Channelcat

Unhinged user
Feb 8, 2013
Canada
I don't mind these guys, and I'm sure they are all trying. Seems the bottom line is that Manitoba is not a high priority for Bell. They just fired their best person in Gord Leclerc.........so ummmm idk.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad