1290 Radio, Part VIII

Status
Not open for further replies.

SoCalJetsFan

Sponsor
Oct 5, 2015
Temecula, CA
I listen to 1290 every morning for my 1 hour commute to San Diego. It gives me nice refreshing injection of Winnipeg life after living in SoCal for the last 19 years. I actually enjoy the station compared to the pompous jack a$$e$ that I was listening to down here for years taking about the NBA/NFL almost all the time. I may not always agree but I do enjoy.

Reactions: purdy44

Steve1964

Nov 21, 2019
Westwood: What time is it in San Jose, Paulie?
Edmunds: Well ya see it has to do with the curvature of the earth plus the very foundation of its rotation in relation the physical science of harvesting a direct result on the fact that the sun rises in the east. Furthermore if we can see our shadow in direct correlation to the time clocks in the vicinity.....
Toth: Ok Paul we are out of time. Paul Edmunds is brought to you by Nassshhhhun Wessshhhhht Insssshhhurance - schlllluuur, spit - Jussssshhhhh call Nassshhhun Wessshhht.
Westwood: Thanks Paulie. That was absolutely amazing outstanding stuff!

Last edited:

Steve1964

Nov 21, 2019
I listen to 1290 every morning for my 1 hour commute to San Diego. It gives me nice refreshing injection of Winnipeg life after living in SoCal for the last 19 years. I actually enjoy the station compared to the pompous jack a$$e$ that I was listening to down here for years taking about the NBA/NFL almost all the time. I may not always agree but I do enjoy.
If you are Marshall, then for the love of gawd stop calling in every friggen Jets post game show. You and Ralph really need to get a life. Of course we all love when you say (assuming this is Marshall), 'Kevin O as always you make my day'! Ummm, barf comes to mind. And Kevin O is about as big an arse clown there is. Figures you would like him. If this is not Marshall my apologies. Lol

Reactions: SoCalJetsFan

AKAChip

Nov 19, 2013
Winnipeg
Yeah I get that, but the Bombers trying to emulate that was pathetic!
Perhaps that’s just how players react naturally after winning a championship? Feels like a stretch to suggest it was all one big attempt at mimicry. People know what they’re signing up for when they go to a championship parade.

Reactions: Fairview

FFHockey

Oct 12, 2015
Winnipeg, Manitoba,
Yeah I get that, but the Bombers trying to emulate that was pathetic!
C'mon Sip...this is their Superbowl, Stanley Cup, etc. It's a big deal for them and for many of us fans! They were just having a bit of fun is all.

I like to see something where people are enjoying themselves on the news every now and then...because it is rare as hell!

Reactions: Fairview

Guido Borsato

Mar 10, 2017
Toth doesn't have an easy job.

He has to wake up at 5am everday for a 6am show; like most of us, has marble mouth first thing in the morning where it's hard to string together 2 words together; and to boot has to fill 4 hours of airtime 5 days per week; and probably gets paid peanuts to do so!

Like, when you're at your water cooler in the morning talking about sports with your work buddies, when does the sports conversation run stale? 5 minutes, 10 minutes? Toth is doing 4 hours per DAY.

Duke749

Savannah Ghost Pirates
Apr 6, 2010
Canton, Georgia

He has to wake up at 5am everday for a 6am show; like most of us, has marble mouth first thing in the morning where it's hard to string together 2 words together; and to boot has to fill 4 hours of airtime 5 days per week; and probably gets paid peanuts to do so!

Like, when you're at your water cooler in the morning talking about sports with your work buddies, when does the sports conversation run stale? 5 minutes, 10 minutes? Toth is doing 4 hours per DAY.

Oh i could go on for hours on just hockey alone... :cool::DD

Reactions: Mortimer Snerd

JetsWillFly4Ever

PLAY EHLERS 20 MIN A NIGHT
May 21, 2011
Winnipeg MB.
Complaining about people drinking at sports parades? Sip your losing your touch!

Literally every parade of NFL/NBA/MLB/NHL involves the players gooning it up. Did you see Marc Gasol at the NBA parade, the guy was WASTED, and we loved every minute of it.

SoCalJetsFan

Sponsor
Oct 5, 2015
Temecula, CA
If you are Marshall, then for the love of gawd stop calling in every friggen Jets post game show. You and Ralph really need to get a life. Of course we all love when you say (assuming this is Marshall), 'Kevin O as always you make my day'! Ummm, barf comes to mind. And Kevin O is about as big an arse clown there is. Figures you would like him. If this is not Marshall my apologies. Lol
Sorry I am not Marshall and I agree with you about Kevin O as he reminds me of Jim Rome who I can't stand. Kevin O is normally not on the air yet when I am commuting.

Cheers!

Reactions: Steve1964

Al Camino

Jul 18, 2018
Streveler came across as a real tool, talk about trying too hard to be something you're not! Trying to emulate Gronk or whoever was pretty pathetic!

The F bombs from the players during the speeches at the Forks in front of fans with families and kids was a really nice finishing touch from a pretty classless group!
Why anyone would try or want to out-Gronk, Gronk is beyond me. He's not a funny as he thinks he is.

Reactions: sipowicz

rkp

Mar 31, 2011

whatever you say jim toth

drumzan

#NHLJets
Jul 9, 2011
My goodness. Just listened to Big Show clip with Edmonds. That’s complete bush league. Feel bad for Jim.

That’s something you hear on a Jim Rome Show or something. Not from a water carrying radio play-by-play guy doing his regular interview.

Neuf

Leaving HFBoards for now
Dec 17, 2016
My goodness. Just listened to Big Show clip with Edmonds. That’s complete bush league. Feel bad for Jim.

That’s something you hear on a Jim Rome Show or something. Not from a water carrying radio play-by-play guy doing his regular interview.
I just checked it out as well. Totally unprofessional.

Reactions: Jets 31

Jets 31

This Dude loves the Jets and GIF's
Sponsor
Mar 3, 2015
Winnipeg
Whatever the topic was, he could have handled it with a lot more tact than that and been professional towards Jim. It's not like Paul has been on every media outlet possible for 2 days straight talking about Bill Peters and Babcock. Probably the first time he left the hotel room since he got to California :laugh:
I know eh , if i was Toth i would have said are you having a bad morning down in CALIFORNIA getting ready to go to your job of watching the Jets ? We pay big money to go watch the Jets , this clown gets paid to watch the Jets . :help:

Reactions: LucianoBorsato

JetsNut

Jan 28, 2015
I couldn’t believe it myself. That’s usually not like Edmunds. Man did he get up on the wrong side of the bed this morning!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad