1290 Radio, Part VIII

Status
Not open for further replies.

SensibleGuy

Nov 26, 2011
Anyone think 1290 shuts down/switches format for a while while this is on going? They have a lot of hours to fill and nothing to fill it with now...unless perhaps the professional face-stuffing competitions continue.

Reactions: Steve1964

cbcwpg

May 18, 2010
Between the Pipes
Anyone think 1290 shuts down/switches format for a while while this is on going? They have a lot of hours to fill and nothing to fill it with now...unless perhaps the professional face-stuffing competitions continue.

Give them a day or two to talk about sports being shut down , then shut them down. There are zero sports to talk about. No need for them.

SensibleGuy

Nov 26, 2011
Yeah I'm thinking by monday things are going to be different

...it'll likely be the videogame thing and that show where some former hockey player is interviewed 24/7. Ugh...

Last edited:
Reactions: Steve1964

Steve1964

Nov 21, 2019
Yeah I'm thinking by monday things are going to be different

...it'll likely be the videogame thing and that show where some former hockey player is interviewed 24/7. Ugh...
No matter what their low ratings are sure to get even lower. Perhaps Bell can use that as a excuse/reason to get rid of Toth and/or O'idiot.

Reactions: Briscodog

polarslam

Apr 2, 2004
Winnipeg
Stations regularly change formats for a while like when a music station moves to an all Christmas Carroll format in Nov/Dec. 1290 should just switch over to oldies or something after Monday. The show was painful to listen to this morning, and this is after one day.

sipowicz

The thrill is gone
Mar 16, 2011

Wouldn’t be a loss! Aside from Jets live game coverage what else does the station really offer that you can’t access better anywhere else!

Reactions: The Blue Baron

Jets 31

This Dude loves the Jets and GIF's
Sponsor
Mar 3, 2015
Winnipeg
It's still on the air , listened to Hustler yesterday say he went to his sports book to see what he could bet on and was looking at Ping-Pong . Hey Hustler you have a serious gambling problem , when you are thinking about betting on Ping-Pong you need help man .

Last edited:

tbcwpg

Jan 25, 2011
Sounds like they are going to be broadcasting "classic" Jets games at night to fill airtime.

607423.jpg

SensibleGuy

Nov 26, 2011
Just listening to the show this morning. It's reassuring that in these troubled times we can still count on Toth dishing out the dumb for us to comment on. They are riffing on orange hockey balls now...and as is always the case when things get anecdotal, Toth wants to join in and tell his own funny story. But the story is never funny, and it's almost always just a little bit off. By the end of it you're like "well, that was loosely, tangentially related to what we're talking about I guess...it wasn't funny or interesting or entertaining though. Good one Jim." Then he tells the same story a second time...just for good measure.

Reactions: Jets 31

SensibleGuy

Nov 26, 2011
Oh trust me, I didn't listen for very long.

However, I do appreciate the feeling of normalcy I get from just hearing those voices I've been listening to for the past decade. This is a strange time indeed...

SensibleGuy

Nov 26, 2011
this grocery draft thing is incredibly stupid. I'd like to know who came up with it. It has a lot of Toth, but could be a Hustler joint too.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad