1290 Radio, Part VIII

Status
Not open for further replies.

SensibleGuy

Nov 26, 2011
I don't need negative or positive topics from 1290. I would like premises for discussion to have a logical starting point. Not " I READ ALL THE ADVANCED STATS EVERY SINGLE DAY BUT IGNORE THEM AND FEEL OTHERWISE. MY OPINION HAS MORE WEIGHT THAN THE EVIDENCE BECAUSE I COVERED THE MOOSE FOR A COUPLE SECONDS AND I KNOW HOW IT IS".

Yeah, something like that. If you are going to argue against something that makes some sense, you should present a counter argument that makes at least as much sense. Constantly saying "I git all that, but here's my take which totally ignores all that and I don't really have any logical explanation for why I'm ignoring all that sensible stuff but..." gets old fast.

Reactions: Mortimer Snerd

tbcwpg

Jan 25, 2011
Perhaps because 99% of the media are brown nosers?? I like that Friesen has the balls to say what he does.

He doesn't always have to be contrarian for the sake of it. I feel the same about Edmunds and Munz and Toth going out if their way to be overly positive.

Reactions: bennylundholm

Whileee

May 29, 2010
Perhaps because 99% of the media are brown nosers?? I like that Friesen has the balls to say what he does.
How about just being insightful and informative and interesting, instead of trying to act like a maverick? Wiecek was intolerable.

SensibleGuy

Nov 26, 2011
lol, Toth on covid just now. Classic. "The difference between us and the US is that we know it's coming...but it's already there." (with the ever-present "I git this but..." and "I git that but..." of course)

Canada has about 80 cases. The US about 800. Canada's population is roughly a tenth of the US. It's here just like there Jim.

He's just not a numbers guy lol...

Last edited:

SUX2BU

User of registers
Feb 6, 2018
Canada
lol, Toth on covid just now. Classic. "The difference between us and the US is that we know it's coming...but it's already there." (with the ever-present "I git this but..." and "I git that but..." of course)

Canada has about 80 cases. The US about 800. Canada's population is roughly a tenth of the US. It here just like there Jim.

Or a words guy either ......

Neuf

Leaving HFBoards for now
Dec 17, 2016
Westwood to Beyak "the Oilers had two powerplays and went, as you might say, bang bang!"

Beauty, I was laughing. :laugh:

Reactions: Steve1964

DRW204

Dec 26, 2010
Jim: We are taking the Coronvirus seriously.... i just am saying it needs to be handled like the flu if a player contracts it

Mortimer Snerd

You kids get off my lawn!
Sponsor
Jun 10, 2014

Canada has about 80 cases. The US about 800. Canada's population is roughly a tenth of the US. It's here just like there Jim.

Just not a thought guy.

TS Quint

GET THESE ADS OUT OF MY WAY!
Sep 8, 2012

He sees the stats every morning just like you and everyone else he just feels differently.

SensibleGuy

Nov 26, 2011
He sees the stats every morning just like you and everyone else he just feels differently.

Huh? lol...it's got nothing to do with how he feels about the virus. It's about his interpretation of the numbers. He's saying there's something different about Canada compared to the US situation. There isn't.

TS Quint

Sep 8, 2012
Huh? lol...it's got nothing to do with how he feels about the virus. It's about his interpretation of the numbers. He's saying there's something different about Canada compared to the US situation. There isn't.
I guess my Toth impersonation is weak.

that what he usually says when it comes to his “hot takes” on hockey.

bennylundholm

Sep 7, 2014
Westwood proclaims how concerned he is with Corona as he and his family did not attend the last Jets game because of it.
Then Munzy comes on and says he is not concerned at all. Blah, blah, blah. Everything will be fine. The Jet's doctors and medical staff have everything under control
Munz's arm could be broken and hanging by a thread and he would say there really isn't anything wrong, he doesn't feel any pain, looks good.
I just shook my head. This guy will never criticize anyone or anything. Alot of talk about nothing. It's obvious he doesn't want to ruffle any feathers and knows where his bread is buttered.
Safe but sure is boring and not factual.

JetsUK

Oct 1, 2015
"The NHL is saying let's just take a week, a day even, to delve into this..." Jim loves him some delving! :laugh:

Can one “delve” into a pandemic? Our Man Tothie can.

Excruciating. He’s that guy on the plane who insists on endless, aimless, nonsensical conversation even tho you have your noise-cancelling headphones on and your eyes closed.

TS Quint

Sep 8, 2012
Toth talking about his criteria for the Hart at 715 was pure nonsensical word salad. I think he was having a stroke.

Reactions: Steve1964

wabagee

Nov 24, 2014
Well, I guess the guys on 1290 can start talking about stuff they actually know about now?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad