TSN Radio: 1290 am - Part VII

Status
Not open for further replies.

basplit

Jan 12, 2014
As I listen to a post-game show. I wonder why Kevin O needs a guest to add to the show.
He CONSTANTLY interrupts him and callers.
When I'm listening to someone caring what hes saying I dont need him cut off.

My god---

sipowicz

The thrill is gone
Mar 16, 2011
As I listen to a post-game show. I wonder why Kevin O needs a guest to add to the show.
He CONSTANTLY interrupts him and callers.
When I'm listening to someone caring what hes saying I dont need him cut off.

My god---

Kevin O is terrible and yet they have a super talented guy in Peacock just doing the Moose, Peacock should be doing the pre and post game Jets games or even the PxP, let Kevin O and Edmonds worry about the Moose as both are minor league anyway.

SensibleGuy

Nov 26, 2011
Kulikov is a vet and is experienced.... Niku apparently is what he is. Made no sense to me

lol, I love when he uses that sort of logic. "Kulikov has been terrible. Niku would probably be at least as good and actually has potential upside to be better. But, Kuli is a vet and has that experience...so it makes sense he's in."

DRW204

Dec 26, 2010
lol, I love when he uses that sort of logic. "Kulikov has been terrible. Niku would probably be at least as good and actually has potential upside to be better. But, Kuli is a vet and has that experience...so it makes sense he's in."
makes 0 sense man. Kulikov is a vet and more likely is what he is than Niku.

Lets keep the bad player in instead of the one who might be bad

I don't mind Toth as a radio host (when he's not hosting the show and Westwood is it's damn near unbearable) but as an analyst he's brutal

Reactions: wgpsensfan

TS Quint

GET THESE ADS OUT OF MY WAY!
Sep 8, 2012
I generally don’t mind Westwood, I don’t have to agree with him but he doesn’t bother me. But lately it seems Toth has driven him over the edge. Seems like no matter what Toth says he replies with something snarky and wants to shut down the topic immediately.

Toth calling out Westwood for saying Laine is going to get paid regardless of how he does this year at the end of last year and this summer was hilarious. Westwood has no recollection of this apparently but he did and RuTown agreed with it.

Let’s hear it for Furbey for telling Toth he can’t spell “embellishment”. I legit laughed out loud.

Reactions: Spock

Spock

Commander
Oct 5, 2017
Vulcan
Westwood didn't like Mike O'Shea's decision to rest Justin Medlock last weekend. Okay, that's fine, but then he blamed millennials.

SensibleGuy

Nov 26, 2011
Man, Kevin O's opening monologues are hard to take. I often catch them when I'm driving and just listen because I can't be bothered to change stations around. They amount to verbal diarrhea! It's just a stream of words spewing out of his face...full of snark and sanctimony and fake self-deprecation...if there's a point at all it gets lost in the ocean of unnecessary verbosity. His first guest today - apparently having been listening while waiting on the phone - subtly called him out about it I think!

Reactions: basplit

rkp

Mar 31, 2011
Toth kept bringing up the clippers owners conversations regarding privacy issues about the duschene commenst in a uber cab...what Toth doesn't reveal is that the clippers owners' conversation were recorded over the phone where the right to privacy is totally different than in a conversation in an open public space such as a cab or mall.

Al Camino

Jul 18, 2018
It's not often that we get to applaud Jim Toth but would like to thank him for not allowing that Furby clown to contribute much during the call in hour this morning.

Al Camino

Jul 18, 2018
I missed this, what was the caller saying?
He was asking Connor over Liane, which in itself is fine. But like some other regulars can be rather annoying. He constantly refers to himself in the third person. He asked the question and Toth and crew ran with the topic. He only got to refer to himself in the third person once!

SensibleGuy

Nov 26, 2011
"Is it the team, or some of the players...or is it both?" Jim Toth on the Jets lack of consistency so far. Asking the questions that matter! lol...

tbcwpg

Jan 25, 2011
He was asking Connor over Liane, which in itself is fine. But like some other regulars can be rather annoying. He constantly refers to himself in the third person. He asked the question and Toth and crew ran with the topic. He only got to refer to himself in the third person once!

All of the call in regulars were a big reason I stopped listening in the mornings. They all think that they're this beloved character that people tune in for. No one listens to the Big Show "sponsor here" call in show to listen to a guy ask a garbled question due to background feedback, because he thinks we all want to hear this character call in.

Last edited:

sipowicz

The thrill is gone
Mar 16, 2011
Don't listen to Moose broadcasts anymore, is Peacock still the PxP guy, thought I heard something on 1290 promoting an upcoming radio game with someone else?

AKAChip

Nov 19, 2013
Winnipeg
If I accidentally leave my radio on 1290 after a Jets game and that is the station playing when I start my car in the morning on the way to work, it physically makes me nauseous. The programming on this station is truly terrible and while it is nice to have an all sports station in Winnipeg in theory, 90% of it is utterly unlistenable. There are a ton of things that need fixing but in my opinion, the most egregious by far is bringing people like Edmonds and Beyak on to be “insiders” or “experts” insults the intelligence of the listeners. Without exaggeration, neither of them have ever said anything even remotely insightful and I’m not sure if it’s because they are corporate shills or that they know next to nothing about hockey but I’m betting it’s a bit of both.

Last edited:
Reactions: bennylundholm
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad