TSN Radio: 1290 am - Part VII

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ares

May 8, 2018
The Big Show is all about football, football, football. Oh, and throw in some golf and tennis while you're at it. They've no interest in hockey.

It used to be my favorite show to listen to but not anymore.

PaulPooley

Nov 18, 2018
Westwood and Toth are really going at it this morning. Open animosity between the two is clear. Awkward radio.

Gil Fisher

Mar 18, 2012
Winnipeg
They argue because they don't listen to each other's responses and/or can't articulate a point.

In essence Toth was arguing that Buff should be back in the game because he passed concussion protocol and whatcha gonna do??

Westwood was arguing that he should have been back in the game despite passing the protocol, but as far as I heard, never articulated who should have kept him out last night....or whether just steamed over a faulty protocol.

USApegger

Jun 30, 2011
Winnipeg
Is Trevor Kidd still doing analysis on post game show? Lately it has been Bauming and yesterday was Jeff Hamilton. I would much rather hear from a former player than those two. Somebody who knows the game (not Mcintyre either)

tbcwpg

Jan 25, 2011
better than Toth. Or KO...

No he isn't. Just because you might agree with his hockey opinions over Toth, doesn't make him a better radio personality. Toth is more "polished", which should be expected given his media background.

KO is terrible because he doesn't let anyone speak. He's trying to be edgy/funny, but at least guys like Jim Rome let their guests talk.

KingBogo

Admitted Homer
Nov 29, 2011
Winnipeg
Westwood is the worst radio personality I've ever heard in my life. I can't believe he is where he is. The guy is simply just a tool
Agree with this 100%. Westwood is either standing on a soapbox preaching on some social issue he has only passing knowledge of, condescending to an opinion he disagrees with or sucking up to some talking head "brother" of his but mostly he is just plan sanctimonious which is not a good fit for a sports radio personality. And I agree with others that Toth is an idiot but he is at least tolerable listening to. I've completely stopped listing to the Big Show and I like sports radio more than anyone else I know personally.

SensibleGuy

Nov 26, 2011
i'll take westwood over toth most days. i can't stand Toth's idiocy and i completely understand why westwood is so obviously frustrated trying to have any sort of rational debate with Toth. it drives me nuts and i don't actually have to talk to the guy. he's just so completely full of shit. Westwood is a backup on the show so his lesser professionalism as a radio guy doesn't bother me.

Do or Die

Jun 28, 2011
Checked back on 1290......can still hear a bunch of agitated hamsters.....turned off 1290

sipowicz

The thrill is gone
Mar 16, 2011
Westwood is the worst radio personality I've ever heard in my life. I can't believe he is where he is. The guy is simply just a tool

I'm not even sure Westwood realizes he does a sports show or if gets that he's on a sport radio station, his long winded condescending takes and mindless rants further prove what a moron he actually is. It's not interesting radio and it is really hard to listen to mindless banter, can't believe advertisers haven't pulled the plug. In a city of 800K with a lone sports radio station this is the best you can come up with for your early morning show! F me.

Seriously did Westwood have a couple concussions during his time spent on the BB's in a non-contact position to damage his brain to this extent?

Cellee

Dec 20, 2014
I am not the biggest Bauming fan, but I would put him in there and hire Jeff Hamilton to roll with him.

Reactions: sipowicz

SensibleGuy

Nov 26, 2011
I'm not even sure Westwood realizes he does a sports show or if gets that he's on a sport radio station, his long winded condescending takes and mindless rants further prove what a moron he actually is. It's not interesting radio and it is really hard to listen to mindless banter, can't believe advertisers haven't pulled the plug. In a city of 800K with a lone sports radio station this is the best you can come up with for your early morning show! F me.

Seriously did Westwood have a couple concussions during his time spent on the BB's in a non-contact position to damage his brain to this extent?

can you specifically name one of these things (other than the SJW stuff which I don't like either) that Westwood has been so dumb about? I think he's the one who mostly has the concussion thing right and Toth was being (as usual) the moron this morning. I mean Toth actually argued that the PA has the best interests of player health in mind! lol...

Cellee

Dec 20, 2014
The Bombers were in the WSF and they spent most of their time talking about the Uber video and Lemeiux's dirty hit.

Unbelievable.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad