TSN Radio: 1290 am - Part VII

Status
Not open for further replies.

ps241

The Ballad of Ville Bobby
Sponsor
Mar 10, 2010
I know what you mean, real fans knew that NXT Takeover was going to be a much better show ;)

Oddly I heard Steve Austin and JR riffing on the state of the WWE and it was actually really interesting. Two very bright guys when it comes to that “business”. I have always found the business side of this entertainment company to be pretty interesting.

Jetfaninflorida

Southernmost Jet Fan
Dec 13, 2013
Florida
Why on earth has 1290 flooded the airwaves today raving about how great Par Lindholm is? This guy is a fourth liner who has a whopping one assist and misses the few scoring opportunities that he gets. Is Chevy planning on signing this guy long term, so they are brainwashing Jets fans that he is some sort of impact player?

Al Camino

Jul 18, 2018
Why on earth has 1290 flooded the airwaves today raving about how great Par Lindholm is? This guy is a fourth liner who has a whopping one assist and misses the few scoring opportunities that he gets. Is Chevy planning on signing this guy long term, so they are brainwashing Jets fans that he is some sort of impact player?
I seem to recall Gary Lawless and other analysts talking up Mark Stuart for about a month before he signed that ridiculous extension a few years ago. Probably just preparing the fan base that will lose their minds when Tanev and some other bottom of the roster players are moved out for salary cap reasons.

drumzan

#NHLJets
Jul 9, 2011
There’s a Jets playoff game today. I bet if I tuned in this afternoon, half the talk would be golf.

Reactions: Nyx

Puckatron 3000

Glitchy Prototype
Feb 4, 2014
Offensive Zone

I've honestly been very impressed by Lindholm. And I hadn't heard any of the radio talk you mention, so just an unbiased opinion having watched him. There's probably close to 10 times I've been watching a game, noticed someone make a great play, and been like oh wow that's Lindholm.

drumzan

#NHLJets
Jul 9, 2011
I seem to recall Gary Lawless and other analysts talking up Mark Stuart for about a month before he signed that ridiculous extension a few years ago. Probably just preparing the fan base that will lose their minds when Tanev and some other bottom of the roster players are moved out for salary cap reasons.
When they start talking up Tyler Myers then be scared.

DannyGallivan

Your world frightens and confuses me
Aug 25, 2017
Melonville
I've honestly been very impressed by Lindholm. And I hadn't heard any of the radio talk you mention, so just an unbiased opinion having watched him. There's probably close to 10 times I've been watching a game, noticed someone make a great play, and been like oh wow that's Lindholm.
The only problem with him is you can virtually guarantee that he will not register a goal (mayyyyybe a point). He tries hard, but his ability is limited.

If only Roso did something other than skate really fast (oops, listen up Ehlers, you aren't totally immune from that statement either).

Reactions: sipowicz

AKAChip

Nov 19, 2013
Winnipeg
Crazy how the Toronto media despised the guy but the Winnipeg media loves him. It says something. Not quite sure yet what it is but it’s something.

sipowicz

The thrill is gone
Mar 16, 2011

Seems like just the type of player Chevy would target, cheap, cheap, cheap....

KB1971

Dec 15, 2017

This happens all the time here, TSN is terrible for this. Jets players are never as good as the media says or as bad as some fans say (even our whipping boys).

Reactions: Jetfaninflorida

DannyGallivan

Your world frightens and confuses me
Aug 25, 2017
Melonville
Just working hard is not good enough. If that were the case, we would have won the Stanley Cup with the GST line.

Jetfaninflorida

Southernmost Jet Fan
Dec 13, 2013
Florida
Hard not to love a guy who scores 1 goal in 61 games (65 now including Jets)
Maybe they are trying to draw attention away from the expensive deadline pickup - Hayes - hasn't shown much yet other than that he can pick up the same points that Little was already getting. Would be nice for him to prove his worth tonight.

Reactions: sipowicz

Analyst365

Oct 24, 2011
Victoria

This is a below Par post.

Mortimer Snerd

You kids get off my lawn!
Sponsor
Jun 10, 2014
There’s a Jets playoff game today. I bet if I tuned in this afternoon, half the talk would be golf.

And the other half would be NFL. At least golf is actually playing right now and this weekend was one of the biggest tournaments.

Reactions: Jets 31

Mortimer Snerd

You kids get off my lawn!
Sponsor
Jun 10, 2014
I doubt the Toronto media had particularly high expectations for Par Lindholm.

Higher than what Jets fans/media have. He had never played in NA before and scored pretty well in Sweden. I think they expected a little scoring in TO. Here it is 4th line, defensive play and PK a little.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad