TSN Radio: 1290 am - Part VII

Status
Not open for further replies.

rkp

Mar 31, 2011
its funny how toth keeps responding to remarks about why is pomo changing the lineup so often is that pomo is trying different things, yet has no answer as to why he refuses to change schief and wheeler.

Spock

Commander
Oct 5, 2017
Vulcan
The way Hustler talks about sports gambling is fascinating.

Keep throwing, pardon me, "sprinkling" your money away.

sipowicz

The thrill is gone
Mar 16, 2011
Had a bad motorcycle accident over the weekend. I was lucky I just bashed up my hand and knee. Glad to be back on the forum and got to skip a whole bunch of 1290 AM!

Used to ride but never rushed it like you did, I mean glad you are okay but, sand and that layer of slick on top of the asphalt this time of year can be dangerous!

Board Bard

Dane-O-Mite
Jun 7, 2014
In terms of propaganda, once the entire Winnipeg media co-launched the "timely saves" campaign in 2017 that heralded Pavelec's return is when my suspension of disbelief collapsed.

It redefined the word perfect so that people who fail at their jobs can experience perfection.

Reactions: Mortimer Snerd

JetsFan815

Jan 16, 2012
In terms of propaganda, once the entire Winnipeg media co-launched the "timely saves" campaign in 2017 that heralded Pavelec's return is when my suspension of disbelief collapsed.

It was long before 2017 although the "timely saves" narrative was awful. The Pavelec propaganda was insane in the first few seasons of Jets 2.0. When the Jets 2.0 returned I was drinking the media kool-aid for a while, I remember to this day the exact moment when I tuned out the 1290 as a source of Jets analysis- it was in the lockout shortened season of 2013. Me and some buddies were done with our classes at university and went into checkout a movie at the St Vital mall, waiting for the bus I and put on 1290 on my phone as it was a gameday. It had been 5 minutes of listening to that, the Jets had been having a bad season and someone on 1290 (I believe it was Adam Wozny) said that "Pavelec is the MVP of the season" and everyone agreed. Pavelec who was like .903-.904 goalie at that time was being sold as the Jets MVP. :huh:

The Pavelec saga was so bizarre, you would have thought that the media were being paid to be his hype-men.

Al Camino

Jul 18, 2018
It was long before 2017 although the "timely saves" narrative was awful. The Pavelec propaganda was insane in the first few seasons of Jets 2.0. When the Jets 2.0 returned I was drinking the media kool-aid for a while, I remember to this day the exact moment when I tuned out the 1290 as a source of Jets analysis- it was in the lockout shortened season of 2013. Me and some buddies were done with our classes at university and went into checkout a movie at the St Vital mall, waiting for the bus I and put on 1290 on my phone as it was a gameday. It had been 5 minutes of listening to that, the Jets had been having a bad season and someone on 1290 (I believe it was Adam Wozny) said that "Pavelec is the MVP of the season" and everyone agreed. Pavelec who was like .903-.904 goalie at that time was being sold as the Jets MVP. :huh:

The Pavelec saga was so bizarre, you would have thought that the media were being paid to be his hype-men.
So true. I'd be surprised it would have been Wazny though. He's was never afraid to be critical of them and is even more so on twitter now. Which might explain why he isn't in media anymore that I see. I wish he was still in the business just to get some perspective.

Zippity

Feb 3, 2013
So true. I'd be surprised it would have been Wazny though. He's was never afraid to be critical of them and is even more so on twitter now. Which might explain why he isn't in media anymore that I see. I wish he was still in the business just to get some perspective.
What’s the status of McIntyre now?

Reactions: wgpsensfan

Mortimer Snerd

You kids get off my lawn!
Sponsor
Jun 10, 2014
I didn’t rush anything just rider error.

But thanks for the like.

I know a lot of bikers. They love to ride so I don't try to discourage them. But the number who have had really serious accidents and life altering injuries is a huge part of the total number. Thank the deity of your choice that you had only minor injuries from this one.

I hope this was your bad one. :thumbu: Good luck and ride carefully. :)

Reactions: The Blue Baron

SensibleGuy

Nov 26, 2011
Toth somehow attempting to argue that last night's loss could possibly change someone's thoughts about the Jet's chances in a positive way. :confused:

Gm0ney

Unicorns salient
Oct 12, 2011
Winnipeg
Toth somehow attempting to argue that last night's loss could possibly change someone's thoughts about the Jet's chances in a positive way. :confused:
Instead of getting 4 losses in round 3, the Jets are going to get them out of the way early this year!
p03wv8tb.jpg

SensibleGuy

Nov 26, 2011
I mean, there were some very positive things last night. But ultimately the same issues came back in the 3rd period again.

Yeah, I don't think anything that happened last night is going to cause someone who predicted the Jets would lose the series to change their mind...

Neuf

Leaving HFBoards for now
Dec 17, 2016
Summary of the afternoon programming

Golf golf golf golf golf
Haha Jets have lost 5 straight playoff games
Hahahaha
Golf golf golf

Reactions: drumzan
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad