TSN Radio: 1290 am - Part VII

Status
Not open for further replies.

SCP Guy

Jun 21, 2011
The Peg
Beyak is prob the worst interview they have on 1290....He has zero insight, all of his comments are on the fence and never makes a solid negative statement against any player or coach.... He is terrified to bite the hand that feeds him.. He is pretty much a change the station for 5 minutes when he comes on....He should stick to play by play and not bother doing any interviews since he doesn't answer any questions.

Jetfaninflorida

Southernmost Jet Fan
Dec 13, 2013
Florida
Beyak spewing the excuse mantra this morning....travel....oh the horror of the travel....the poor team....
embarrassing

The Blues say their bad travel schedule in the second half of the season helped pull the team together. Winners.

The Jets Coach keeps floating the lame travel excuse post ASB as to why they were tired. Losers.

Winners find a way to win.

Losers find lame excuses.

It's ok to lose. Just don't come up with lame excuses to try to wallpaper over your mistakes or failures. Lose with dignity. Learn. Come back better.

Whileee

May 29, 2010
The Blues say their bad travel schedule in the second half of the season helped pull the team together. Winners.

The Jets Coach keeps floating the lame travel excuse post ASB as to why they were tired. Losers.

If the Jets had won the series, maybe the Blues would have commented the same way. Fact is, the players have no idea why they didn't win the series. Same with TB and Calgary. Hockey is a weird game with lots of momentum shifts, bounces, etc.

The Jets-Blues series was pretty even for the most part.

SensibleGuy

Nov 26, 2011
Just listening to the show and they are talking about how "tough" Mo may or may not be. Cue the mis-understood "I could make you cry in that room" quote in 10, 9, 8, 7...

drumzan

#NHLJets
Jul 9, 2011
Beyak is prob the worst interview they have on 1290....He has zero insight, all of his comments are on the fence and never makes a solid negative statement against any player or coach.... He is terrified to bite the hand that feeds him.. He is pretty much a change the station for 5 minutes when he comes on....He should stick to play by play and not bother doing any interviews since he doesn't answer any questions.
No. That award clearly goes to Paul Edmonds

Jetfaninflorida

Southernmost Jet Fan
Dec 13, 2013
Florida
If the Jets had won the series, maybe the Blues would have commented the same way. Fact is, the players have no idea why they didn't win the series. Same with TB and Calgary. Hockey is a weird game with lots of momentum shifts, bounces, etc.

It's ok to lose. Just don't come up with lame excuses to try to wallpaper over your mistakes or failures. Lose with dignity. Learn. Come back better.

TS Quint

I can see!
Sep 8, 2012
lol seriously!
This IS THE funniest thing I read last number of days!
So let me get this straight, you think true north is using 1290 AM to propagate signing players?
First question is, why the hell would they bother wasting their time and resources in this? They are going to do what they’re going to do regardless of what the fans think.
Secondly, do you really think true North cares that much about what the fans think about who they re-sign and who they don’t?

Here is an update. At the end of the day they don’t give a rip what the fans think on which players they resign and which they don’t?
You dont think the Leafs trotted out Mackenzie the day before the Auston Matthews signing, already knowing the cap hit to tell Leaf Nation it's going to be ok as long as a couple players take team friendly deals and they use a 20 man roster next year it's all going to be ok? Or do you really think for no reason he was saying such stupid things on national TV for no other than he thought it was brilliant? He got told to calm the fan base before they told everyone they paid him over 11 million dollars and didn't even get 7/8 years out of it.

It happens everywhere.

Mortimer Snerd

You kids get off my lawn!
Sponsor
Jun 10, 2014

:laugh: I unliked this post just so I could like it again.

Mortimer Snerd

You kids get off my lawn!
Sponsor
Jun 10, 2014

Even? Except for the last 4 periods, yeah. That being when the Jets lost the series.

Hank Chinaski

May 29, 2007
YFO

Today I was listening to NHL Network radio on Sirius, and they had Peter Loubardias (Flames PxP guy) on to talk Flames. Was legitimately impressed with the insight he offered, didn’t beat around the bush about guys who didn’t earn their pay (eg. James Neal)

Maybe Beyak would bring more in a less restricted forum, but somehow I feel like he would be just as bland and uninsightful as he always is. Often feels like our local media has absolutely zero clue about any of the other 30 teams, beyond the few times they play the Jets during the season. It’s like they lack any broader context throughout the league, and just make lame, generic statements that are almost universally in favour of the Jets and their overall direction.

Neuf

Leaving HFBoards for now
Dec 17, 2016
Today I was listening to NHL Network radio on Sirius, and they had Peter Loubardias (Flames PxP guy) on to talk Flames. Was legitimately impressed with the insight he offered, didn’t beat around the bush about guys who didn’t earn their pay (eg. James Neal)

Maybe Beyak would bring more in a less restricted forum, but somehow I feel like he would be just as bland and uninsightful as he always is. Often feels like our local media has absolutely zero clue about any of the other 30 teams, beyond the few times they play the Jets during the season. It’s like they lack any broader context throughout the league, and just make lame, generic statements that are almost universally in favour of the Jets and their overall direction.
I agree with your point that we don't get NHL insight. Anything outside the Jets is basically googled. Misinformation on teams in other divisions, etc.

Reactions: Hank Chinaski

tbcwpg

Jan 25, 2011
You dont think the Leafs trotted out Mackenzie the day before the Auston Matthews signing, already knowing the cap hit to tell Leaf Nation it's going to be ok as long as a couple players take team friendly deals and they use a 20 man roster next year it's all going to be ok? Or do you really think for no reason he was saying such stupid things on national TV for no other than he thought it was brilliant? He got told to calm the fan base before they told everyone they paid him over 11 million dollars and didn't even get 7/8 years out of it.

It happens everywhere.

I don't believe that, no. If McKenzie knew the contract was done, he would've reported it.

Al Camino

Jul 18, 2018
Highlight of yesterdays two hours of morning show calls was the last caller. Asks the hosts what they think the team needs. Toth says 5v5 play and defensive play needs to improve. Rewecki chimes in a basically explains to Toth that's coaching.

Reactions: DRW204

SensibleGuy

Nov 26, 2011
Highlight of yesterdays two hours of morning show calls was the last caller. Asks the hosts what they think the team needs. Toth says 5v5 play and defensive play needs to improve. Rewecki chimes in a basically explains to Toth that's coaching.

lol, yeah Toth's insight is amazing.

"What do you guys think the team needs?"

Jim Toth - "They need to be a better team."

Mooche

Feb 21, 2013
Winnipeg
Toth dancing around getting put on the spot with a tough question is probably my favourite thing about this show.

If I had a dollar for every time he reacts with "that's not what I'm saying" or "that's not my point" to completely push further away from validating any point he had in the beginning, I would be a very wealthy man.

Pure comedy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->