TSN Radio: 1290 am - Part VII

Status
Not open for further replies.

tbcwpg

Jan 25, 2011
I think this attitude that the Jets use 1290 to change the fans topic of conversation or pump up a player in preparation to sign him down the road, like it's some propaganda arm of TNSE reaches tinfoil hat conspiracy levels.

The Blue Baron

Nov 13, 2015
Hoser Country
I think this attitude that the Jets use 1290 to change the fans topic of conversation or pump up a player in preparation to sign him down the road, like it's some propaganda arm of TNSE reaches tinfoil hat conspiracy levels.
lol seriously!
This IS THE funniest thing I read last number of days!
So let me get this straight, you think true north is using 1290 AM to propagate signing players?
First question is, why the hell would they bother wasting their time and resources in this? They are going to do what they’re going to do regardless of what the fans think.
Secondly, do you really think true North cares that much about what the fans think about who they re-sign and who they don’t?

Here is an update. At the end of the day they don’t give a rip what the fans think on which players they resign and which they don’t?

Reactions: Tom ServoMST3K

tbcwpg

Jan 25, 2011
lol seriously!
This IS THE funniest thing I read last number of days!
So let me get this straight, you think true north is using 1290 AM to propagate signing players?
First question is, why the hell would they bother wasting their time and resources in this? They are going to do what they’re going to do regardless of what the fans think.
Secondly, do you really think true North cares that much about what the fans think about who they re-sign and who they don’t?

Here is an update. At the end of the day they don’t give a rip what the fans think on which players they resign and which they don’t?

I actually think the opposite, that the idea that they use it in that way is laughable. I think you may have missed my point.

Reactions: Channelcat

SensibleGuy

Nov 26, 2011
I think the baron was responding in agreement with your point.

i agree too. The idea that TN feeds info to Munz and Beyak so that they can go forth in the media and prime the fan base in preparation for a move the organization is planning to make is pretty laughable.

Reactions: Mortimer Snerd

Gm0ney

Unicorns salient
Oct 12, 2011
Winnipeg

i agree too. The idea that TN feeds info to Munz and Beyak so that they can go forth in the media and prime the fan base in preparation for a move the organization is planning to make is pretty laughable.
We're applying Hanlon's razor here: Never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by stupidity. :laugh:

Tom ServoMST3K

In search of a Steinbach Hero
Nov 2, 2010
What's your excuse?
I don't have a problem with the talent, I have some pet peeves about the content, but that's my problem, not their problem.

but good god - they need to figure out the broadcast quality. I was driving down route 90 north between polo park and Inkster, and the entire way it was either un-listenable or barely listenable.

Trinity

Dec 12, 2017
I don't have a problem with the talent, I have some pet peeves about the content, but that's my problem, not their problem.

but good god - they need to figure out the broadcast quality. I was driving down route 90 north between polo park and Inkster, and the entire way it was either un-listenable or barely listenable.
Reception was great in Gimli this past weekend!

Jetfaninflorida

Southernmost Jet Fan
Dec 13, 2013
Florida
Too many guests call in from their mobile phone with terrible reception, sound quality and volume. It's 2019. Why can't they fix the volume levels for guests?

Mortimer Snerd

You kids get off my lawn!
Sponsor
Jun 10, 2014

Very laughable - and yet .......... :laugh:

It might be the only inside information some of these guys ever get. And they do blow smoke up their bosses' arses. They don't need to be told to do that. They know where their paycheques are coming from. :laugh:

lomiller1

Jan 13, 2015
Higher than what Jets fans/media have. He had never played in NA before and scored pretty well in Sweden. I think they expected a little scoring in TO. Here it is 4th line, defensive play and PK a little.

That’s exactly what he was doing in Toronto, and never at any point, was more expected from him. What they don’t like is that he’s produced nothing in that role but continued to play.

Mortimer Snerd

You kids get off my lawn!
Sponsor
Jun 10, 2014
That’s exactly what he was doing in Toronto, and never at any point, was more expected from him. What they don’t like is that he’s produced nothing in that role but continued to play.

You could be right, I wouldn't know, but I'm guessing they had higher hopes for him on the day he signed.

Al Camino

Jul 18, 2018
I haven’t turned on 1290 today but was wondering if they actually had original programming today. I mean the Jets first round exit is the biggest news of the last 12 months. You think their broadcaster would have all sorts of analysis and takes.
Or was it golf talk, video games and mixed ninja fighting shows?

tbcwpg

Jan 25, 2011
I haven’t turned on 1290 today but was wondering if they actually had original programming today. I mean the Jets first round exit is the biggest news of the last 12 months. You think their broadcaster would have all sorts of analysis and takes.
Or was it golf talk, video games and mixed ninja fighting shows?

I'm not sure long weekend Sunday after a Jets series loss would bring in the ratings you're seeming to suggest they would here.

Ggg99

Sep 17, 2018
The post game show last night was very entertaining listening to Kevin O doing his best to try to downplay the shyte show that the Jets put on the ice while the other guy was royally pissed and dumping all over the Jets performance.

Didn't catch the other guys name but think it may have been Darrin Bauming?? Anyway it was so refreshing to listen to someone who told it like it was and actually reflected the views of most of the Jet fan base. Instead of the usual crap from 1290 guys afraid to say anything negative about the Jets (except Trevor Kidd on the odd exception).

If it was Darrin Bauming or whoever it was, I don't expect we'll hear him on any 1290 Jet broadcasts in the future especially if Chipman was listening.

On a side note Bauming is great on the Bomber broadcasts and one of the best 1290 talents on the air I think. Really looking forward to listening to him on Bomber radio this season.

Go Blue!!!!

DRW204

Dec 26, 2010
The post game show last night was very entertaining listening to Kevin O doing his best to try to downplay the shyte show that the Jets put on the ice while the other guy was royally pissed and dumping all over the Jets performance.

Didn't catch the other guys name but think it may have been Darrin Bauming?? Anyway it was so refreshing to listen to someone who told it like it was and actually reflected the views of most of the Jet fan base. Instead of the usual crap from 1290 guys afraid to say anything negative about the Jets (except Trevor Kidd on the odd exception).

If it was Darrin Bauming or whoever it was, I don't expect we'll hear him on any 1290 Jet broadcasts in the future especially if Chipman was listening.

On a side note Bauming is great on the Bomber broadcasts and one of the best 1290 talents on the air I think. Really looking forward to listening to him on Bomber radio this season.

Go Blue!!!!
it was Bauming i am pretty sure. he's solid for a guy whose full-time gig is not covering the Jets 24/7. I believe he's the guy who asked Helle about the soft goals post-game after game 2 as well and Helle got chippy with him

Neuf

Leaving HFBoards for now
Dec 17, 2016
Beyak spewing the excuse mantra this morning....travel....oh the horror of the travel....the poor team....
embarrassing
Haha the single biggest factor in the Jets collapse was the schedule. Nevermind that 5 Central teams made the playoffs and 3 are going to be in the 2nd round. I'd rather they not talk hockey at all than this.

PhilJets

Winnipeg is Good
Jun 24, 2012
Somewhere nice
Haha the single biggest factor in the Jets collapse was the schedule. Nevermind that 5 Central teams made the playoffs and 3 are going to be in the 2nd round. I'd rather they not talk hockey at all than this.

Oh man

I am like moved on a bit now, little bit ok.

Then i read this.... ouchhhhh

Reactions: irunthepeg
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad