Golf: 123rd U.S. Open at Los Angeles Country Club North Course

red devil

Oct 14, 2004
Fowler's through 12 holes and has only made 2 pars so far and is -2 on the round

Dr John Carlson

Dec 21, 2011
Nova Scotia
Back to back doubles to miss the cut for Homa. He was already a pretty big historical outlier in terms of poor major performance relative to regular Tour success, and this doesn't help. Oh, I misread his scorecard actually. Main point still stands.

The course played so much better once the sun came out. Really hoping for more of the same this weekend.

Last edited:
  • Wow
Reactions: Filthy Dangles

DueDiligence

Nov 16, 2013
Back to back doubles to miss the cut for Homa. He was already a pretty big historical outlier in terms of poor major performance relative to regular Tour success, and this doesn't help. Oh, I misread his scorecard actually. Main point still stands.

The course played so much better once the sun came out. Really hoping for more of the same this weekend.
Not a fan of the course. Too many easy holes combined with very punitive results for small mistakes. DJ shoots par after an 8 on the 2nd hole. Fowler has 8 birdies and 6 bogies in his round. The only thing protecting this from a 25 under winning score is extreme length on some holes. Having 300 yard par 3's and 550 yard par 4's is a joke.

It will come down to some guy losing the tournament because he has one slightly wayward shot that ends up being a triple bogie.

• Wow
Reactions: Filthy Dangles

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Tom Kim -5 through 8.

Matsuyama on the move.

Koepka 2 birds in his first 4

Filthy Dangles

Registered User*
Oct 23, 2014
They really overhyped how interesting and difficult 15 playing as 80 yards might be. They were saying guys might play away from the green to the chipping area right, haven’t come close to seeing that.

Every group I’ve seen has put it to 12 feet or closer pretty easily.

Played much harder with yesterdays hole location and from 125 or whatever yards it was playing. Were a ton of 3 putts if you got it beyond the ridge past the hole.

Last edited:

Filthy Dangles

Registered User*
Oct 23, 2014
Why did Hideki hit an iron on 11? Phil used his mini-driver there yesterday I think

Because it’s playing at least 25 yards shorter today, and more of a front pin.

Guys are trying to carry it 240-250 which is long or driving iron for most guys.

Yesterday the carry number they were looking at was more 275

Last edited:
Reactions: Mr Rogers

Filthy Dangles

Registered User*
Oct 23, 2014
Oh my god…Zander just left two in the fairway bunker on the 1st hole…he’ll do well to just make double at this point.

#1 is basically a par 4.5

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

• Great Britain vs Finland
    Great Britain vs Finland
    Wagers: 1
    Staked: $400.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Kazakhstan vs Slovakia
    Kazakhstan vs Slovakia