GDT: 12/30/14 "French Connection" - Canadiens VS Panthers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Erick*

He didn't play to potential. He also played a part in our only goal. Take the glasses off for once. His neutral zone turnovers had no impact on the outcome of the game. Nice try though.

One of his neutral zone turnovers led to Montreal's lone goal. "Nice try though."

As for his secondary assist, he can thank Ekblad and Bjugstad for it. I almost forgot he was a part of the shift because he wasn't even in the picture.

Speaking of glasses though, maybe you can take your homer glasses off. He had a bad game, and I'm not the only one on the GDT saying it. There's a reason for that.

Lshap

Hardline Moderate
Jun 6, 2011
Montreal
Helluva game by the Panthers. You guys came thisclose to winning it a few times -- and would've totally deserved it. Great to see Florida knocking on the playoff door and your draft picks looking so strong.

Erick*

I'll say this, I think that this team is something we haven't been for a while. Well coached and well led.

Well coached because Gallant has a solid system in place that plays to our strengths of solid defense and great goaltending. We aren't going to win by putting up 4-5 goals a game, but instead we will tire the other team out and frustrate them to force mistakes.

Well led because Mitchell is having a huge effect on the young players and is not afraid to lay it into the team in the locker room when they are playing like ****. You can easily see the adjustments made between periods to not play into the opponents game.

Now go trade for Kessel :sarcasm:

Gerard Gallant has been awesome.

vendetta

#CatsAreComing
Mar 22, 2011
Edmonton
did mtl go 0-3? they had one pp which was very good with something like 7 shots, all great scoring chances. they got set up time after time and they moved the puck at a speed that i don't think i've ever seen panthers move the puck with, ever. i was really impressed. mabye cuz i've only seen awful pp's from us lately but whatevs.

Well it needs work no question but it just won us the game Vs toronto, not gonna win us every game... mtl has a top penalty kill and most teams have trouble scoring on them... it was a good game against one of the best teams in league

FLpanthers16

#CatsAreComing
Jan 30, 2014
Helluva game by the Panthers. You guys came thisclose to winning it a few times -- and would've totally deserved it. Great to see Florida knocking on the playoff door and your draft picks looking so strong.

To many OTL/SO losses..

I am not exposed

Mar 16, 2014
Vancouver
I'm happy with the point. Would have preferred the two, but to score with one minute thirty to go was sweet.

Although considering the Habs were on the back to back, we should have played better overall.

FLpanthers16

#CatsAreComing
Jan 30, 2014
On the + side, those are better than regulation losses so there's that.

Yeah but in the end you should have more regulation wins then total OTL/SO losses to be a legit playoff team in my opinion.

But nothing wrong with points ofc.

spacemanatee

May 18, 2014
They did I believe. I guess we're both not making the playoffs. :sarcasm:

that was acually a sincere question, and had nothing to do with that "not making the playoffs"-stuff so enough with the sarcasm against me.

you can go 0-3 a game and its not a big deal imo but it would be good if one acually got set up and created some chances like the habs did and we didn't (as usual).

but seriosuly did you pay attention to the pp i was talking about? it was really good. we just don't have that in us it seems. it's too bad, a working pp would help us alot.

edit these stats:
we're at 13.6% man, thats far to low. 27th in the leauge.
mtl has 15% at 24th which is also pretty bad haha

Last edited:

FlaPanthers11

Cats Are Coming?
Aug 30, 2013
One of his neutral zone turnovers led to Montreal's lone goal. "Nice try though."

As for his secondary assist, he can thank Ekblad and Bjugstad for it. I almost forgot he was a part of the shift because he wasn't even in the picture.

Speaking of glasses though, maybe you can take your homer glasses off. He had a bad game, and I'm not the only one on the GDT saying it. There's a reason for that.

I just said he didn't play well. Nice try though.

His slight fumble in their zone while Trocheck did nothing to help him is not the only reason they scored. There's a lot of hockey in between point A and point B there.

His breakout on the goal was quite important to the end result, believe me.

He most certainly did not win them anything. Keep trying to bring him down though. I know it's in the agenda.

pb1300

#CatsAreComing
Mar 6, 2002
Αιγιο-ΕΛΛΑΔΑ
I'll say this, I think that this team is something we haven't been for a while. Well coached and well led.

Well coached because Gallant has a solid system in place that plays to our strengths of solid defense and great goaltending. We aren't going to win by putting up 4-5 goals a game, but instead we will tire the other team out and frustrate them to force mistakes.

Well led because Mitchell is having a huge effect on the young players and is not afraid to lay it into the team in the locker room when they are playing like ****. You can easily see the adjustments made between periods to not play into the opponents game.

Now go trade for Kessel :sarcasm:

They did mention that during the 2nd intermission, when they wanted to talk to Mac or Mitchell, they said to let them go in the lockeroom first, to address the team, then they would be out for the interview. That is damn good leadership right there.

I really like Hayes playing with Bjugstad and Huby. It was smart of Gallant to put Hayes with them, just to give them a bit more size against a smaller team. I would like to see those three get some more ice time together.

FLpanthers16

#CatsAreComing
Jan 30, 2014
In all fairness I thought we were going to lose and it looked that way until right to the end. Point gained imo.

Yeah im not mad about the loss to be fair..

Im more dissapointed that we did not show up better tonight when Montreal are on the 2nd half of their b2b.

GrumpyKelly

May 15, 2011
Bottom of a bottle
Billy_wow.gif

NicEller

Dec 29, 2014
that was acually a sincere question, and had nothing to do with that "not making the playoffs"-stuff so enough with the sarcasm against me.

you can go 0-3 a game and its not a big deal imo but it would be good if one acually got set up and created some chances like the habs did and we didn't (as usual).

but seriosuly did you pay attention to the pp i was talking about? it was really good. we just don't have that in us it seems. it's too bad, a working pp would help us alot.

we're at 12.1% man, thats far to low. 28th in the leauge.
mtl has 21.2 at 16th which is decent imo.

? Our pp was at 15% before the game ...

I am not exposed

Mar 16, 2014
Vancouver

we're at 12.1% man, thats far to low. 28th in the leauge.
mtl has 21.2 at 16th which is decent imo.

Yes Montreal PP is better than ours. I've complained a lot about our PP. I just think it was funny that someone brought up us not scoring on the PP 3 times this game indicates we're not making the playoffs.

IM Clutcm

Jun 20, 2014
Miami, FL

Im more dissapointed that we did not show up better tonight when Montreal are on the 2nd half of their b2b.

That's fair. I think most of us are in the same boat. They needed to jump on the Habs early and take advantage of their back to back and they didn't do it.

Erick*

I just said he didn't play well. Nice try though.

His slight fumble in their zone while Trocheck did nothing to help him is not the only reason they scored. There's a lot of hockey in between point A and point B there.

His breakout on the goal was quite important to the end result, believe me.

He most certainly did not win them anything. Keep trying to bring him down though. I know it's in the agenda.

At least you admit he didn't play well. It's a step in the right direction for you. I hope Huby isn't upset that you critiqued his play on a message board. I'm sure he'll be fine. You defend certain players on this team like you're their dad.

As fans, we all want the team to be great. Underachievers like Huberdeau are the reason why we're not there yet. Hopefully he improves as the season goes on and we get better. He's been better lately. Hopefully this is just a bad game for him.

And, for what it's worth, I'm not going to criticize Trocheck like I criticize Huberdeau because Huberdeau was drafted to be one of this team's franchise players. Trocheck has exceeded expectations. Most 3rd rounders don't even get to the NHL.

vendetta

#CatsAreComing
Mar 22, 2011
Edmonton

How did we not show up tonight? U expect us to just go out there and dominate and skate mtl into the ground? They played good against a great team that evevery other team in nhl has trouble scoring against...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad