GDT: 12/30/14 "French Connection" - Canadiens VS Panthers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Panthers Rock

Rebuild 10.0
Apr 17, 2006
Winter Springs, FL
990X100_WhiteFPHC_Banner_Aug6.jpg

Your Florida Panthers take on the Montreal Canadiens! Game time at 7:30pm EST live from BB&T Center!

011314_bbt.jpg

TV: Live on FSN Florida and Center Ice.
Radio: Listen Live on 560 WQAM

:habs

VS

:panthers

[fieldset=Standings]

Link To Current NHL Standings
Florida:
Wins | Losses | OTL/SOL | Total Points
16 |9 |8 |40

Montreal:
Wins | Losses | OTL/SOL | Total Points
23|11|2|48
[/fieldset]

[fieldset=Injuries]
Montreal:
Player | Date Of Incident | Status |Injury
None

Florida:
Player | Date Of Incident | Status |Injury
S. Thornton, LW |Dec 12, 2014 |IR |Groin
[/fieldset]

[fieldset=Line Combinations (Subject To Change)]
Montreal:
LW |C| RW
Max Pacioretty|Alex Galchenyuk|Brendan Gallagher
David Desharnais|Tomas Plekanec|P.A. Parenteau
Jiri Sekac|Lars Eller|Brandon Prust
Sven Andrighetto|Manny Malhotra|Dale Weise

LD|RD
Andrei Markov|P.K. Subban
Nathan Beaulieu|Sergei Gonchar
Alexei Emelin|Tom Gilbert

Florida:
LW| C |RW
Jonathan Huberdeau|Nick Bjugstad|Vincent Trocheck
Sean Bergenheim|Aleksander Barkov|Jimmy Hayes
Jussi Jokinen|Dave Bolland|Brad Boyes
Tomas Kopecky|Derek MacKenzie|Scottie Upshall

LD|RD
Brian Campbell|Aaron Ekblad
Willie Mitchell|Dmitry Kulikov
Dylan Olsen|Erik Gudbranson
[/fieldset]

[fieldset=Expected Starting Goaltenders]
Montreal:
PlayerHeadshot

Carey Price
GP | W | L | OTL | GAA | SV% | SO
29|19|9|1| 2.23| .926|2

VS.

Florida:
PlayerHeadshot

Roberto Luongo
GP | W | L | OTL | GAA | SV% | SO
27|14|7|6| 2.36| .921|1
[/fieldset]

[fieldset=Special Teams]
Montreal:
PP%|PP Rank|PK%|PK Rank
15.0%|24th|85.7%|5th

Florida:
PP%|PP Rank|PK%|PK Rank
13.6%|28th|81.0%|15th
[/fieldset]

[fieldset=Red Hot: Cat Of The Night]
Huberdeau-201314-1.jpg

Jonathan Huberdeau has 3 points in his last 3 games.​
[/fieldset]

Last Game VS. Canadiens

Last Game Played

Tonight

1331878041998_ORIGINAL.jpg

LET'S GO PANTHERS!!!!!!!!!!
:yo::wave::fight::hit:

Android 16

Jun 23, 2011
Florida
Win or lose, despite all the offensive disappointment from this team, I'm appreciative that I get to focus on Panthers hockey and a push to the playoffs in December rather than being way out of it and watching the WJC tournament.

coach-hines-dance-o.gif

ucanthanzalthetruth

#CatsAreCooked
Jul 13, 2013
You have Price as the starter but I'm pretty sure it'll be Tokarski

I was bored and just checked the Panthers schedule. February is probably the hardest stretch of games I can remember them playing in 5+ years.

Last edited:

Galchenioretty

Galchenyuk 1 G in last 18 playoff Gs
Oct 18, 2009
Canada

I was bored and just checked the Panthers schedule. February is probably the hardest stretch of games I can remember them playing in 5+ years.

Wouldn't surprise me at all if it were Price again since the Habs are off until Fri - Sat b2b and had 5 days off before last night's game.

Logically if they wanted to split these games, Tokarski should have got Carolina.

ucanthanzalthetruth

#CatsAreCooked
Jul 13, 2013
Wouldn't surprise me at all if it were Price again since the Habs are off until Fri - Sat b2b and had 5 days off before last night's game.

Logically if they wanted to split these games, Tokarski should have got Carolina.

better for Florida since last I checked goalies playing both games of a b2b were 4-22-2 (beginning of December)

Jan 19, 2006
With a win tonight the Panthers will have Wins = Losses + OTL/SOL.

IMO, in order for the Panthers to be a legitimate playoff caliber team, that is the first milestone they need to reach.

The next step will be to get that goal differential into the positive range.

PanthersHockey1

South by Southeast
Mar 11, 2010
Palm Trees
With a win tonight the Panthers will have Wins = Losses + OTL/SOL.

IMO, in order for the Panthers to be a legitimate playoff caliber team, that is the first milestone they need to reach.

The next step will be to get that goal differential into the positive range.

I agree with the first thing that our wins should be greater than our total losses. I dont put too much stock into +/- right now because our offense will never let us win games by more than 2 goal margins.

When we win we win by a goal when we lose in regulation its usually greater than 2 goals. Anaheim is leading the league and their +/- is worse than others below them.

EnforceTheLaus

In the Year of Our Hatter
Nov 3, 2013

Full house tonight. Mostly Hab fans, but color me surprised how loud our guys were last game. Hope the same result too :D

RCDeltaFixer

Mar 15, 2014

Wow, you weren't kidding about February. January seems fairly easy, March + April seem medium difficulty.

Theodore450

Sep 10, 2013
So excited for tonight game. I hope it goes to OT so both my teams get a point
Good to see a sellout

adam graves

Panther 20 yr sth
Feb 24, 2010
south florida
I agree with the first thing that our wins should be greater than our total losses. I dont put too much stock into +/- right now because our offense will never let us win games by more than 2 goal margins.

When we win we win by a goal when we lose in regulation its usually greater than 2 goals. Anaheim is leading the league and their +/- is worse than others below them.

Sorry, Im with ATF on this.

We are the only team within 5 points of a playoff spot with a minus differential. We are about 26th in the league. Its unsustainable season long.

PJ Kings Hockey

Oct 15, 2013
TSN has a nice article about the Panthers.

The surprising development of the Florida Panthers

The fact that Florida has suddenly developed into a quality playoff hockey team has to be particularly disheartening to the couple of Eastern Conference teams who are hanging on for dear life right now...

What makes Florida particularly fascinating as a contender is that it seems as though everything’s come together at the right time. Obviously, competition isn’t ripe right now in the East. But, they’ve benefited greatly from a combination of faster-than-expected player development and the venerable Roberto Luongo in net, who is able to bail the team out of trouble when things get dicey.

iam76

Sep 30, 2011
Connecticut
i hope to god soon brian campbell starts passing to ekblad especially on the power play... very tired of the weird long campbell slapshot that never goes in.. This isnt last year Brian.. your d partner has a better sneakier shot... and oh btw u will get more assists this way... prolly a 10a to 1g ratio... but no its cool keep shooting brian :yo:

grumpy rant over

just something i have noticed.

batting1k

Mar 3, 2013
i hope to god soon brian campbell starts passing to ekblad especially on the power play... very tired of the weird long campbell slapshot that never goes in.. This isnt last year Brian.. your d partner has a better sneakier shot... and oh btw u will get more assists this way... prolly a 10a to 1g ratio... but no its cool keep shooting brian :yo:

grumpy rant over

Same with Gudbranson. His shots barely ever hit the net, almost always high or wide. Would rather have a 4th forward on the PP than him.

Erased

Jun 18, 2014

grumpy rant over

It irks me as well that we never try to set him up for the one timer on the pp. It wasn't even until the second pit game that they even tried putting him on the offhand side to give Campbell the option to go for the one timer. It worked wonders for Garrison and Ekblad has an even better shot.

SoupyFIN

#OneTerritory
Nov 7, 2011

grumpy rant over

Pittsburgh took away Ekblad's shot well in both of the games and Toronto did it too. Doesn't leave much of a choice for them, Campbell has a better chance of scoring a goal when they're not expecting him to shoot it.

It's like when teams figured out Garrison's bomb, it wasn't nearly as effective towards the end of the 11-12 regular season and he only scored one goal (can't recall whether it was on the PP or not) in the four playoff games he played. Teams are starting to figure out that Ekblad is the trigger man on the PP and they're taking it away, and rightfully so.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad