#11 wins it!

Et le But

Nov 28, 2010
New York
Actual puck possession by this incarnation of the Habs is of better quality than under Martin, and the passing of this team is way better than I've seen for any prolonged stretch during the Martin era.

To be fair, Martin never had Pacioretty during a prolonged stretch.

Talks to Goalposts

Apr 8, 2011
Edmonton
Actual puck possession by this incarnation of the Habs is of better quality than under Martin, and the passing of this team is way better than I've seen for any prolonged stretch during the Martin era.

Go back and watch a game from Pacioretty period 2010-11, or early 2011-12 ( i suggest the match they lost against the Sabres). The puck possession principles aren't that far off.

The key difference is that Martin era teams relied more on breaking up the oppositon's own breakout to produce fast counter strikes while this group depends more on an aggressive defensive zone system coupled with their own fast breakouts. Therrien's system looks more aggressive, but it actually one more geared at preventing opposition offense rather than creating it for the Habs. Habs are just as dependant on a lower minute line that gets used in managed situations to make up the gap in 5 on 5 scoring this year as they were back then, just now its based on Galchenyuk rather than Desharnais.

Habsfan2992

One of the 1st
May 12, 2004
Oakville
Guys!!! you got outplayed tonight What's the big deal??? you killed us the 2 games prior!! Look at it this way...if you didn't out play us the 2 times prior you would be playing a team that has only lost TWO times in this season, so what would your expectations be if you lost your 1st 2 meetings?? Don't be so damn cocky..the Habs are a good team this year...DEAL WITH IT! ***** happens and you have to respect that Montreal was going to come out heavy tonight.......it happens. Good game from a rivalry.

BobbyFischer*

Is it just me btw or does it KIND OF feel like Ryder never left?

Idk, I guess it's just nostalgia.. it's a weird feeling though.

Leo Getz

Sep 4, 2007
Weeeeeeeee. Went to a bar and cheered them on. Lovely.

W3aQ4Fw.gif

Eat it Leafs. Your big bad team did nothing but take penalties.

Fish on The Sand

Untouchable
Feb 28, 2002
Canada

This is almost exclusively because of a healthy Markov. Therrien has already had Markov for almost as many games this season as Martin had Markov in 2 and a half years.

PricePkPatch*

1) What is that thread started on the main board? Was it deleted?

2) Someone mentioned yesterday that Subban and Price almost had a private celebration. I totally missed that, someone remembers what he was talking about?

Habaneros

Habs Cup champs 2010
Oct 31, 2011
1) What is that thread started on the main board? Was it deleted?

2) Someone mentioned yesterday that Subban and Price almost had a private celebration. I totally missed that, someone remembers what he was talking about?

loved it...Subban gave a big (Woooooooo) as he stepped off.....

It was the low five they want stopped,nothin wrong with high fives..lol

Kikizaz

Jan 15, 2008
Victoria BC
This is almost exclusively because of a healthy Markov. Therrien has already had Markov for almost as many games this season as Martin had Markov in 2 and a half years.

Well with the obvious exception that Markov has ben nowhere near as good as he was the 1st time Therrien had him. Markov was a legit top 10D then. As much as I might like it, his defence has been usually poor this season. His offense has been pretty good, considering the injuries.

Kikizaz

Jan 15, 2008
Victoria BC
Also, I am going to eat the worlds biggest crow, Michel Therrien CAN coach.

Montreal is playing some of the most in sync hockey in years.

Analyzer*

Habs got a bit lucky on the botched faceoff by the linesman. They've. Web screwing up all season long

Account Terminated

Sep 12, 2009
First goal was complete fluke. Second goal was Scrivens being Scrivens. Third goal was a beautiful tip by AGally. Patches second goal was an absolute laser beam. Gio with the empty netter.

Happy with the win. Team played well, finally got some bounces going their way and Price stood his ground after the two goals he gave up.

Tuggy

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 26, 2003
Saint John
Beauty game last night and once again dominated from start to finish. Even Kaberle played half decent and shot the puck! :amazed:

This team works very hard every night and the results show it. Probably not the most skilled and the not the biggest but they work hard and play structured.

Big weekend coming up with the Pens and Bruins. Should be good!

Halifaxhab*

aaaahhhhhhhh! satisfying. I swaggered into the office this morning with a big poop eating grin....and not one word was uttered from all those annoying leaf fans today....yeaterday, non stop chirping....today, the little birdies refuse to even look up from the floor. :laugh:

Habs Icing

Formerly Onice
Jan 17, 2004
Montreal
I don't know what to make of the Leafs. They always get off to a great start and then go away...

They're like Willy Coyote who runs off the cliff, hovers in mid air for a few secs and then realizes he's going against the laws of gravity. The same with the Leafs. When they realize they're going against the laws of nature they fall.

HTTP 400

Sep 1, 2007
Also, I am going to eat the worlds biggest crow, Michel Therrien CAN coach.

Montreal is playing some of the most in sync hockey in years.

I too was very doubtful when he was hired.

And IMO, it's just the beginning. MT is also doing a tremendous job with the kids witch will bring dividends for many years.

I know some people hate the way he uses Subban, but he's working with the kid, not against him.

PhysicX

Nov 17, 2010
MTL
I too was very doubtful when he was hired.

And IMO, it's just the beginning. MT is also doing a tremendous job with the kids witch will bring dividends for many years.

I know some people hate the way he uses Subban, but he's working with the kid, not against him.

I don't remember the last time I've seen 'which' being spelled that way. hehehehe made me laugh hard.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 5
    Staked: $2,752.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Metz vs Lille
    Metz vs Lille
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $354.00