#11 wins it!

Perrah

Jul 2, 2009
The reason Toronto even got 2 goals was due to some poor goaltending display from Price too.
First goal he deflects it off the opponent, the second it's a routine dump in shot on him, heck it's in his glove, yet he fails to control it, forced to toss it aside, it goes around our board, our squad is disorganized and before we know it's in the back of our net.

Not sure what we're really arguing about here. We dominated Toronto.

I believe a defensemen tipped the first one into McLaren, but the second one is on him.

Hackett

BAKAMAN
Mar 4, 2002
Visit site
Some Leafs fans also think Kadri is a bust and that the Habs are a terrible team. I wouldn't consider the opinion of a few loudmoth fans on an anonymous message board as anything substantive.

Phaneuf is an excellent defenceman (advanced statistics back this up, as do basic statistics, or just watching hockey), and is a huge part of any success the Leafs have had. Not saying he is a true #1 guy or anything, but he certainly doesn't suck.

Was just stopping by to say good game, but I wanted to clarify that what some Leafs fans think doesn't indicate anything about reality, unless you're suggesting we are all that smart and realistic? :sarcasm:

Habs played a really solid game. I disagree with the 5 minute call, but the Leafs didn't deserve to win so I can't be too upset (and the officiating was pretty messy overall, don't think it was tilted). I have to say I like the way Gallagher and Galchenyuk played. Hopefully the Leafs can respond to this loss to the Habs like your Habs responed to the last loss to the Leafs, Toronto could really use a run (and I know you're all pulling for us ;) ).

Cheers, and congratulations on the success so far!

I think its a case where the bar was set high. I mean, he made an immediate impact with the flames, and he was flashy with his body and his offensive prowess. It was easy to assume that he was just going to keep getting better and turn into not only a #1 d-man, but also a star.

It turns out that he may have peaked early, but that is not to say he's a bad d-man, he's just not what he was hyped up to be. Its kinda like jay bouwmeester. They are different players but they are both guys who are reasonably effective, but do not meet the expectations bestowed upon them.

I often think that not meeting expectations or hype on this forum automatically means the player is not good.

Anyways, good hear a somewhat rational objective. Don't give us too much credit though. We have plenty of our own fans that make us look like ***** too. :p:

habtastic

Aug 17, 2007
Montrealer in Boston
Coming in late to say what an awesome f'in win that was. Late because I was at the game representing hardcore (can barely speak, my vocal cords are spent), chirping back at their loser fans who kept (this is so funny/pathetic) clamouring for Carlyle to put on Orr and I am just rising out of a massive massive hangover that followed.

Wore my Chucky jersey. It put the jealously in their eyes, even got some complementary comments from their non-****** fans when they realized it wasn't a Kovy jersey. Such sweetness. Patch's second goal was so god damn good, both from a nice shot and a huge moment in the game. I think there needs to be a fund to send me to all Habs-Leafs game. Small sample size, but I'm 2-0 (one at the BC, one at the ACC).

edit: oh and just to give you an example of how (I emphasize SOME of) their fans can be such sore loser ****** -- When hanging out in the concourse, this guy standing next to me out of nowhere engages me in a politics debate, telling me (as a potential native of Quebec, which I am, but which I might not have been) to "go back to my own country" and a whole load of whining about how he hate Quebec and how Toronto is the best (not exaggerating, his friend was so embarrassed for him). He came within inches of his life, good thing his friend recognized that it wasn't an internet message board.

Last edited:

rockjngo

Oct 31, 2011
Prust is 6'0"
Galchenyuk is 6'1"
Subban is 6'0"
Gallagher is 5'8"
Desharnais is 5'2"

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad