GDT: 11-4-14! PANTHERS@Bruins, TD Garden 7PM EST!

Status
Not open for further replies.

IM Clutcm

Jun 20, 2014
Miami, FL
Cos it's been tried out before with zero chemistry. Try something different like Grimaldi on Barkov's wing.

You're right that they didn't have chemistry earlier, but that doesn't mean that they never will. Jokinen is hot right now and maybe he can spark something in Barkov. It's worth a shot, especially so with the team missing so many players. And this is likely only for one game.

Edit:
For the record, I really want to see Grimaldi with either Barkov or Bjugstad. The kid just oozes offensive ability and desire on the ice. But I'm concerned that giving him 15-20 minutes of 3 zone responsibility is too much right now. This is a winnable game against Philadelphia and they should ice the lines that have been working as of late.

Last edited:

CanadianPantherFan

Cats are Here!
Jun 6, 2004
Calgary
I lost my thread replies last night.. but here goes:

Edwards: the goof also says UPSHAW. I think he only gave Panthers love for first time in over decade last night because Thornton signed here.

Upshall no call: was that a play on puck? Hence no call

OT goal: Guds and Olsen are both to blame on that goal. Failed break outs, both reversed the puck towards Bruins players on that shift. Go back and watch the shift again. It reminded me of past Panthers years, not this year 's solid defense. Let's hope for no carry over there.

Young guys: I like that AHL line a lot. Sit Flash, Upshall others to keep that lineup intact for short term at very least.

A trade for top 6 RW: yes it needs to be done before USA Thanksgiving if Tallon's job is in fact on the line this season. The 1st Rd pick should be in play with Shore/Petrovic. I think the other B level prospects need to stay put. Matheson and McCoshen lessen the Petrovic void moving forward. Money is there in off season to sign vet UFA Dman.

Game last night: Panthers were better team I felt. Had big edge at one point in zone time without key puck possession guys in Barkov, Huberdeau and Bolland. Missing sniper in Pirri. Bs did not bully us around until OT, they did not hit 6-7 posts and pummel our Dcore and Goalie into submission. That was an exciting 1-1 game to watch versus some of the other snoozefests this season.

spacemanatee

May 18, 2014
Dont think he will coast as much, he's a pending UFA, like give em Flash and a low pick, or give em a 2nd and nothing else and trade one or two of Flash/Upshall/Bergy for picks

well so is flash/upshall/bergy so it's no real difference there. then it's essentially stewart for a 5th. i wouldn't cry my eyes out if we threw in upshall with that 2nd for obvious cap reasons and the fact that we have just to many men on our roster.

IM Clutcm

Jun 20, 2014
Miami, FL
I'm just spitballing here, but what about getting a guy like Shane Doan? He seems like he still has a bit left in the tank and he's a gritty right winger that still can play the game. He could easily replace Upshall and might help Bjugstad and Huberdeau get out of their funk.

spacemanatee

May 18, 2014
I'm just spitballing here, but what about getting a guy like Shane Doan? He seems like he still has a bit left in the tank and he's a gritty right winger that still can play the game. He could easily replace Upshall and might help Bjugstad and Huberdeau get out of their funk.

perhaps. i'm guessing he doan't wanna leave arizona tho, prolly wanna retire as a coyote if he doesn't go to a solid contender.

IM Clutcm

Jun 20, 2014
Miami, FL
perhaps. i'm guessing he doan't wanna leave arizona tho, prolly wanna retire as a coyote if he doesn't go to a solid contender.

That's what I figured, but he seems like a guy Tallon would want and pursue if he became available. I've always liked him and I think he could add a lot to this team.

barkovcanfinnish

remember to breathe
Sep 22, 2014
Chicago, IL
I'd like to get someone like Cam Atkinson. Young, solid offensive player.

Don't know what it would cost, but his speed and skill would help us score goals no doubt.

spacemanatee

May 18, 2014
Most likely. Although Columbus isn't exactly winning too many games as of late so who knows what they want. Maybe Shore, Petro, and a 2nd? Idk.

i think they will pick up the pace as soon as bobrovsky, dubinsky, horton, wisniewski, anisimov and all of those guys are back. have no idea when that will be tho and is far to lazy to try to find out. :)

IM Clutcm

Jun 20, 2014
Miami, FL
I'd imagine Wheeler is the last guy they would sell. Before that goes Buff, Ladd and Kane.

Ladd would be a hell of a player for Tallon to get. The Chicago connection is obviously there, he's a leader, he's a hard worker, and he's good on both ends. But there's so many left wingers on this team...

GrumpyKelly

May 15, 2011
Bottom of a bottle
Ladd would be a hell of a player for Tallon to get. The Chicago connection is obviously there, he's a leader, he's a hard worker, and he's good on both ends. But there's so many left wingers on this team...

yup, just would have to send something back... probably couple contracts. roster player+prospect and a pick or something

Effe

Sep 26, 2013
Gothenburg, Sweden

Im always trading Flash+Upshall for Doan in NHL15, so Tallon fix it!

Gizmo Tkachuk

Registered Loser
Sep 23, 2009
Florida
If Carolina is/was tanking for a shot at McDavid, I wonder if we could get Skinner for our 1st? Maybe even a deal revolving around Skinner and Semin ;)

EnforceTheLaus

In the Year of Our Hatter
Nov 3, 2013
Even in 2012 it didn't feel like this though, 80% of the team's games have been 1 goal games, you already know the Flyers game will be close. Need all the points they can get before the Western road trip of death.

Yeah 11-12 was one hell of a rollercoaster to start. Untill the Booth trade and the team breaking out in Nov I was expecting full rolling tank till the draft. This year (outside of one period) has all been steady. The part that makes me hopeful is most of these games haven't been close besides the score. This team has dominated games and were even with, allegedly, much better teams. The callup depth has been great, and on the D side the kids are stepping up and taking the reigns. Freakin' Ekblad, for a guy we've been told was a mediocre skater, nearly ended it by turning on the jets and single handedly scoring. That promise of "future" is feeling tangible for once.

barkovcanfinnish

remember to breathe
Sep 22, 2014
Chicago, IL
I wouldn't touch Semin and that contract. A $7mil/year winger who was a healthy scratch for a bad Canes team. Unless they sweeten the deal with retaining a LOT of the cap and taking our dead weight, I wouldn't take him. That's my opinion though.

ucanthanzalthetruth

#CatsAreCooked
Jul 13, 2013
This board is like HF in general, people always want moves made so early. Florida has the hardest part of their schedule coming up, see how they do for the next month at least before you trade pieces for rentals. Heck, don't even wait a month, wait 2 weeks till the Western trip is over.

Bjugstad, Flash/Upshall, and the 1st for Skinner and Semin?

Francis laughs this out of the room, I don't see why Carolina would want to trade Semin anyways to be honest. Would have to be a huge overpay.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad