GDT: 11-4-14! PANTHERS@Bruins, TD Garden 7PM EST!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Erick*

Toronto fans can't stand Bolland because he left their team on bad terms, and they didn't exactly get to see him play all that much last year. I'm giving him the benefit of the doubt right now. He's only played 4 games to this point and you've already written him off. He'll never live up to that contract, but the reality is that lots of players never live up to their contracts. I'm not expecting him to put up top line numbers. I'm expecting him to be the player that he is, a checking line center that brings grit, leadership, and a bit of skill. Again, he's the type of player that really shines in the playoffs, and I hope we get to see it this year.

Toronto fans didn't want him back before he signed the contract with us. It really has little to do with how he left. They were all saying that he didn't look the same after his injury with them. I've learned that when the best things you can say about a player are intangible things like "grit," "character," and "winner," it probably means he's not that good anymore. It was a signing that Dale Tallon made using his heart instead of his brain. Trocheck isn't much worse, if at all, at this point in his career and he was already in the system. The proof is in the production of the past couple of years.

IM Clutcm

Jun 20, 2014
Miami, FL
Toronto fans didn't want him back before he signed the contract with us. It really has little to do with how he left. They were all saying that he didn't look the same after his injury with them. I've learned that when the best things you can say about a player are intangible things like "grit," "character," and "winner," it probably means he's not that good anymore. It was a signing that Dale Tallon made using his heart instead of his brain. Trocheck isn't much worse, if at all, at this point in his career and he was already in the system. The proof is in the production of the past couple of years.

Toronto also offered him around $5 million/year if I'm not mistaken, so it's not like Tallon came up with $5.5 million on his own. It's not like Bolland said "I'll come to Florida for $1.5 million" and Tallon said "don't be modest, Dave, you're worth $5.5 million. Now here's the contract." He paid the going rate for a guy he wanted.

I know you haven't been a big fan of the offseason and have been pretty critical of the "character signings" of Tallon, but there's a reason teams like Pittsburgh, San Jose, and Washington don't win the Stanley Cup every year. It's because they don't have players that excel in the playoffs when games tighten up and space is no longer open. They're loaded with game breaking skill, but they're light on grit. That's why LA, Chicago, and Boston have had success in recent years. Those teams are loaded with grit and skill. Bolland is a guy that is made for the playoffs. He's not a great regular season performer. Trocheck is an offensive-minded guy who can provide defense. He's not the guy I want shutting down and opposing team's top line. I'd prefer to have him in a top 6 role. Signing Bolland gives this team a top checking line center and an opportunity for the more offensive-minded players to play their game.

BabyBennettov

May 2, 2002
Under the Sunshine
Visit site
10 games in, and I'm already looking forward to the end of this season... Even though my Panthers are having a good start !

Maybe I should stop coming on HF...

Love my pals though ! Others... Mmmeeeeeehhh, not so much !

BravePackCats27

Jun 19, 2014
Bjugstad is my fav player so I'm watching what he is doing on the ice every shift. I've noticed the goals this team is getting right now are coming from in front of the net a few feet out like Jokinen last night and Pirri a few games ago. I think Bjugstad is playing too much along the boards when he should be setting up in front of the net using his size to create space and fire off his wicked wrister. The problem is he needs wingers to get him the puck, which means fighting for the puck along the boards and getting him the puck to do so and I'm not sure which wingers would be best suited to do that cause I know it isn't Upshall.

IM Clutcm

Jun 20, 2014
Miami, FL
Bjugstad is my fav player so I'm watching what he is doing on the ice every shift. I've noticed the goals this team is getting right now are coming from in front of the net a few feet out like Jokinen last night and Pirri a few games ago. I think Bjugstad is playing too much along the boards when he should be setting up in front of the net using his size to create space and fire off his wicked wrister. The problem is he needs wingers to get him the puck, which means fighting for the puck along the boards and getting him the puck to do so and I'm not sure which wingers would be best suited to do that cause I know it isn't Upshall.

Wayne Simmonds, Chris Stewart, guys like that. Unfortunately, they play on other teams and would cost too much...

BravePackCats27

Jun 19, 2014
10 games in, and I'm already looking forward to the end of this season... Even though my Panthers are having a good start !

Maybe I should stop coming on HF...

Love my pals though ! Others... Mmmeeeeeehhh, not so much !

Wow! It's that bad for you already? How come?

spacemanatee

May 18, 2014
Wayne Simmonds, Chris Stewart, guys like that. Unfortunately, they play on other teams and would cost too much...

stewart could totally be acquired by us. just dangle a 2nd pick and a roster player who'll make them even worse and the sabres will take it. they wanna draft every single player this year..

IM Clutcm

Jun 20, 2014
Miami, FL
stewart could totally be acquired by us. just dangle a 2nd pick and a roster player who'll make them even worse and the sabres will take it. they wanna draft every single player this year..

Lol if that's all it takes, GET IT DONE DALE!!! I'd love to see Upshall traded, but since he's an assistant captain I doubt it.

ShootIt

Nov 8, 2008

He's an UFA though. And not like he's been playing close to his days in Colorado. Our luck he'll look like Anthony if we traded for him

IM Clutcm

Jun 20, 2014
Miami, FL
So do the cats make a trade or go with what they have?

Right now I say go with what they have. They're putting up points in pretty much every game and the pucks will start going in eventually. If they're still scoring between 1-2 goals each game after game 20, then they should do some exploring.

GrumpyKelly

May 15, 2011
Bottom of a bottle
Right now I say go with what they have. They're putting up points in pretty much every game and the pucks will start going in eventually. If they're still scoring between 1-2 goals each game after game 20, then they should do some exploring.

I'd say the 20 game mark is pretty good. If they keep the steady improvement up there might not even be a need for a trade.

ucanthanzalthetruth

#CatsAreCooked
Jul 13, 2013
Barkov is back against Philly. Huberdeau still out. I have no idea what's wrong with him. Getting lots of love on the Bruins board, and it's getting to the point where I actually think they have a chance in every game. Feels good man.

MintyFresh88

Oct 26, 2007
Ontario
Barkov is back against Philly. Huberdeau still out. I have no idea what's wrong with him. Getting lots of love on the Bruins board, and it's getting to the point where I actually think they have a chance in every game. Feels good man.

He has the flu apparently. No point in him travelling for one game, especially if there's a risk of it starting to spread throughout the team.

EnforceTheLaus

In the Year of Our Hatter
Nov 3, 2013

Still feels weird after the last few years. 10 games and there is a lot more positive over the negative. Word is slowly getting out that this team may be legit.

Drugs Delaney

Peace be with you.
Jan 31, 2013
Colorado

They saw what we did. Both teams played very good hockey and we gave them all they could handle. What was there one penalty in the game?

ucanthanzalthetruth

#CatsAreCooked
Jul 13, 2013
He has the flu apparently. No point in him travelling for one game, especially if there's a risk of it starting to spread throughout the team.

He's been out a week though, that's a long time for a flu.

Still feels weird after the last few years. 10 games and there is a lot more positive over the negative. Word is slowly getting out that this team may be legit.

Even in 2012 it didn't feel like this though, 80% of the team's games have been 1 goal games, you already know the Flyers game will be close. Need all the points they can get before the Western road trip of death.

Bjuggernaut

Oct 2, 2014
Plus, Boyes and Barkov have had chemistry and now so do Boyes and Jokinen. Hopefully they can finally make it all click together.

Bjuggernaut

Oct 2, 2014
Only thing I dont like is if hubs isnt back, I take it the second line will be Bjugs, Upshall, and Hayes. Bjugs slump may continue

spacemanatee

May 18, 2014
haha i made a HUGE blunder last night. i was lurkin the boston board (dunno why, stupid i know) during the intermission. then the game started all of the sudden, so i tabbed over and watched the game. upshall made a stupid play and i wrote "upshall sucks" and a while later the robak-line was playing good so i wrote something good bout them.
but then i realized i had been posting on the bruins GDT and quickly changed the positive thing i wrote about robak to just "remove" or something like that. it was pure panic mode when i realized i had posted on the wrong thread..:laugh: :laugh: :help:

Effe

Sep 26, 2013
Gothenburg, Sweden

Dont think he will coast as much, he's a pending UFA, like give em Flash and a low pick, or give em a 2nd and nothing else and trade one or two of Flash/Upshall/Bergy for picks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad