GDT: 11/3/13 - New Jersey Devils @ Minnesota Wild - 7:00PM CST - FSN

Status
Not open for further replies.

AJ Thelen

Nov 19, 2010
Pontypandy
Great win.

Just amazing how good it feels that Harding is playing so well..! He deserves it all!

Nice one for Nino aswell as the 2nd line continue to dominate.

youvegotit

Dec 10, 2011
Thought Nino, Harding and Granlund looked great tonight.

Brodin looked much better then last game.

Parise looked pretty bad for the most part.

Can't believe our 2nd pp unit with Dany ****ing Heatley looks better then our 1st pp unit. Why Pominville and Granlund are separated on the pp unit baffles me.

Overall pretty bad effort tonight (20 shots) against a team that played the night before, but glad we got the win. Going to need to be better if we want to continue to get wins.

OpRedDawn*

I'd definitely mix up the pp stuff. Granny needs to be with Poms

mezcal

Wild Complacency
Feb 19, 2013
CA
HDZ's streak continues. Jesus, dude. Save some for the rest of us. :laugh:

Avenged! I didn't lie did I? :D

314w781.gif

HDZx and Tyratoku - All your GDTs are belong to us

Last edited:

WildFinn*

It seems Nino and Granny are on the Pommer to the Olympics thing. :D

They have to pick him if he scores like this??

TaLoN

Red 5 standing by
Sponsor
May 30, 2010
Farmington, MN
The way he's playing, Pominville better be making plans for the trip! Harding is getting himself into the conversation for Canada as well at this rate.

WildFinn*

The way he's playing, Pominville better be making plans for the trip! Harding is getting himself into the conversation for Canada as well at this rate.

Minnesota Wild potential Olympians.

USA: Pominville, Suter, Parise, bad luck with Coyle. :(

Finland: Koivu, Granlund

Sweden: Brodin

Switzerland: Niederreitter

Canada: Harding

People in Minnesota should be flocking behind this team. :D

Puhis

Nah.
Jul 4, 2011
Jaervenpaeae
This just may mean I need to find some additional supervisors. ;)

I'm available.

I know the rules almost by heart. Granted, I learnt them with trial and error, but I've learned my lesson. My time zone would also work in your favor, as all of our current moderators reside in North America, despite the fact that we have a lot of active Europeans in here as well. I also have experience from being a moderator in a small motorsport forum.

So... If you need me, I'm here.

LemaireisGOD

Jul 19, 2010
Nowhere, WI
My take...

http://www.stateofhockeynews.com/2013-articles/november/wild-vs-jersey-devils.html

Not a great game (again) but they found a way to win. New Jersey was beat up enough to not really make this game all that nerve-wracking. The Granville line continues to carry the team while Parise and Koivu have been pretty quiet. I have a full game recap, plus prospect updates on Nolan DeJong, Adam Gilmour and Alexandre Belanger. Check it out!

BigT2002

Dec 6, 2006
Somwhere
Minnesota Wild potential Olympians.

USA: Pominville, Suter, Parise, bad luck with Coyle. :(

Finland: Koivu, Granlund

Sweden: Brodin

Switzerland: Niederreitter

Canada: Harding

People in Minnesota should be flocking behind this team. :D

Harding won't make the Canadian squad behind who'll they want. BUT there are 3 potential "C's" on there with Parise/Suter, Koivu, and Nino.....

This team is night and day different from last year. Love it.

rynryn

Reluctant Optimist. Permanently Déclassé.
May 29, 2008
Minny
this is absolutely a playoff team. we've only played a few "bad" games and we've got points out of some of those. over the course of a season we're just plain better than more teams than we're inferior to.

Nsjohnson

Hockey.
Jun 22, 2012
Miami
Thought Nino, Harding and Granlund looked great tonight.

Brodin looked much better then last game.

Parise looked pretty bad for the most part.

Can't believe our 2nd pp unit with Dany ****ing Heatley looks better then our 1st pp unit. Why Pominville and Granlund are separated on the pp unit baffles me.

Overall pretty bad effort tonight (20 shots) against a team that played the night before, but glad we got the win. Going to need to be better if we want to continue to get wins.

Parise was a motor as usual, and almost scored twice. Didn't turn pucks over. I thought he played well..

MuckOG

May 18, 2012
When is Yeo going to try Parise without Koivu for a longer stretch then 3 shifts..

I'd like to see Yeo try putting Parise on the other wing with Granny and Pominville.

Parise - Granny - Pominville
Nino - Koivu - Coyle

tyratoku

May 28, 2010
MN
I'd like to see Yeo try putting Parise on the other wing with Granny and Pominville.

Parise - Granny - Pominville
Nino - Koivu - Coyle

The only bad thing about that is the size discrepancy. That Koivu line would be huge but that Granlund line would be tiny. One would get pushed around a bunch and the other would be lumbering giants.

Which might not actually be so bad. Might as well try it I suppose.

Jarick

Doing Nothing
Good:

- Second line is really clicking
- Nino and Granlund are really improved
- Harding is brilliant
- Fourth line is getting pucks in deep
- Special teams are getting better
- Koivu was shooting the puck

Bad:

- Top line is really quiet and in a slump (Koivu and Parise have two even strength goals in the last ten games)
- Third line is also really quiet and in a slump (Cooke and Brodziak have five points in the last ten games)
- Brodin and Suter look a little off
- Need to find a RW for the top line or break them up again
- Coyle hurt again which limits options

At this point, the second line looks like the top line. When Coyle comes back, maybe he should be the RW on the top line, or maybe Parise plays with Brodziak and Koivu with Cooke or something. I dunno, they need to get something going so there is depth. This is the same problem as last year.

But nitpicking aside, great to see another win, Wild have won 5 of 6 and are starting to move up the standings. Hopefully the bubble will burst for San Jose and Colorado and they will come back to Earth a bit.

El Nino22

Nov 19, 2010
Personally once Coyle is back I would try this lineup for the top 6

Granlund-Koivu-Pomminville
Parise-Coyle-Nino

Granlund and Pomminville clearly have chemistry and maybe they could get Koivu going as well. Parise and Coyle have shown chemistry in the past and Nino has looked good on any line he's been on. He's also played well with Parise this year. Moving Granlund from center to wing isn't ideal with how well he has been playing, but it will give him more offensive freedom which can't be a bad thing. It also evens out the size difference in lines.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad