GDT: 11/3/13 - New Jersey Devils @ Minnesota Wild - 7:00PM CST - FSN

Status
Not open for further replies.

BusQuets

Jul 16, 2010
I think wild and fletcher were really hot on Nino during 2010 draft and incase Islanders wouldnt have taken him at 5th he might have been picked at 9th slot over Mikael to wild at that point

Yeah I remember reading that somewhere too. Great to have three great players from that 2010 draft. They will probably end up as one of the better players from that draft.

JamesRanger

Sep 23, 2011
Plymouth
Good win. Brodin still struggling a bit but I expect him to improve as the games go on. I still can't figure out how Brodziak looked so good in his contract year and so poor/mediocre afterwards. I'd like to see Haula take his spot in the next coming seasons.

tyratoku

May 28, 2010
MN
HDZ's streak continues. Jesus, dude. Save some for the rest of us. :laugh:

Last edited:

NHL1674

Whatever...
Sponsor
Aug 8, 2008
Minnesota
Was a pretty sloppy display on our part, but at the end of the day, they beat a team that they SHOULD have beaten. That's a good thing. And Harding is a stud! I can't see him getting a better chance than this to make a mark. Take it and run with it, boy.

Nsjohnson

Hockey.
Jun 22, 2012
Miami
Wes Walz with as good a quote as Russo's gem:

In regards to how a player reacts after getting a big contract- "Guys get fat, get a little heavy"

Billy Mays Here*

I feel NHL.com plays too much favorites to goaltenders. Two of the three stars tonight were goaltenders, Berra's 42 saves on 44 shots for Calgary and Harding's 19 save shutout. Not to take anything away from either of them but I think Nino's three assist night is a little more prominent than either of those.

LordFletcher

Jun 18, 2012
Tonka-Wayzata, MN
I feel NHL.com plays too much favorites to goaltenders. Two of the three stars tonight were goaltenders, Berra's 42 saves on 44 shots for Calgary and Harding's 19 save shutout. Not to take anything away from either of them but I think Nino's three assist night is a little more prominent than either of those.

wasn't that his first game ever and against Chicago?

First star!!!!!! :handclap:

rynryn

Reluctant Optimist. Permanently Déclassé.
May 29, 2008
Minny
another fine game to be at. wasn't at all confident after that first ten minutes, but I'll take it. Thank you to that buxom blond bartendress, too.

Billy Mays Here*

I highly recommend some of you review the site rules you accepted by joining this site.

This is what happens when you let all of us ruffians loose for a night without any parental supervision. :sarcasm:

NHL1674

Whatever...
Sponsor
Aug 8, 2008
Minnesota
It's not a distance when we're going on their GDT and making the Kovy comments. Make them here all you want but we don't need to be putting that stuff on their board.
Quoting for truth.

If you go onto another team's board simply to stir the pot, don't get upset or report them when their fans come over here to gloat when something happens further down the road to hurt us. If you're respectful, fine. But Jersey fans....Preds' fans....and even Islanders' and Sabres' fans are pretty sensitive right now. Going over there even with the best of intentions may backfire on ya.

JMO, but we can't throw shoves till we have something to show for it. Even though the Devils are in tailspin, at least they have some accomplishments hanging from their rafters. It just looks like we're trying to pick a fight to get noticed at this point. Just be careful what ya ask for.

the_more_you_know.jpeg

Northland Wild Man

Finnesotans?
Jun 14, 2011
Grand Forks, ND
My take:

Good game. Sure it was against a team on a back to back that was missing some parts, but they all count the same.

The first period was bad all around. Bad officiating, bad play early, but the Wild still came out with a lead. The second and third periods were good periods for the Wild. The tempo was up and the Wild were able to play in the offensive zone a lot.

The young guys looked good. Gugliotta finally got a goal which was great. Heatley scored as well which was incredible. Harding did what he had to do, but was only tested 2 or 3 times tonight. Overall not a bad game, but it had a weird feel to it and there are areas that need to be improved.

Minnesota

L'Etoile du Nord
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2011
So what to do with Dumba now? D-core looks decent, (granted it was against the Devils but still) And Prosser seems viable if someone goes down with an injury.

I'm also interested what happens with Dumba.

Sad to see Merrill get injured... I was actually looking forward to seeing him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad