GDT: 11/3/13 - New Jersey Devils @ Minnesota Wild - 7:00PM CST - FSN

Status
Not open for further replies.

nickschultzfan

Jan 7, 2009
Got to keep Nino-Granlund-Pomer together.

I guess that ends up back at Parise-Koivu-Coyle, which I am ok with. It's not like Parise and Koivu are bad together, they just don't have great chemistry. However, the moment Coyle gets healthy and other teams start worrying about our other top line, I think you are going to start seeing Parise and Koivu start producing.

this providence

Chips in Bed Theorem
Oct 19, 2008
St. Paul
Don't know if it's the full shield or what, but Brodin has been fumbling with the puck more in the past two games than I've seen him do over the course of his tenure. I'd assume it's obviously injury related, but he just needs to settle down right now.

I'm so tired of rolling fringe NHL players on the "top line" at this point. On one hand you don't want to gift younger players prime roles on the team, but at a certain point they need to recognize some of the quality, offensive, depth the organization has and give a player a look if the team is going to continue go with the 4th liner du jour with Koivu/Parise. It's hurting that line and in turn the team. Nino/Coyle/Granlund all to some degree were given their chances, it's approaching that time soon for another player if the Wild can't stay healthy.

All in all, good win for the team even if they didn't have anywhere near the showing that we've seen. With the way the West is shaping up, they'll need all the points they can get.

youvegotit

Dec 10, 2011
Parise was a motor as usual, and almost scored twice. Didn't turn pucks over. I thought he played well..

Maybe I was watching a different game but he was turning pucks over left and right. I love Parise but that was far from his best game as a member of the Wild.

Uberdachen

Posts Last 5 Minutes
Sep 5, 2012
Pants.
Got to keep Nino-Granlund-Pomer together.

I guess that ends up back at Parise-Koivu-Coyle, which I am ok with. It's not like Parise and Koivu are bad together, they just don't have great chemistry. However, the moment Coyle gets healthy and other teams start worrying about our other top line, I think you are going to start seeing Parise and Koivu start producing.

That's how it always goes, right? Parise/Koivu get all the attention. It's not that they're playing poorly, but they're the primary cool-down target so they don't produce as much. That takes the focus off the 2nd line, who then heats up until they get attention, allowing Parise/Koivu (ok Parise) to start putting them in the net again, and everyone thinks the second line needs to be blown up and traded away.

I don't pay much attention to match-ups so I could be wrong, but that seemed like last year too. And once one stopped working, the lines were monkeyed with and then it took a bit for chemistry to pop up again but by that time the one effective line was focused on again.

youvegotit

Dec 10, 2011
Don't know if it's the full shield or what, but Brodin has been fumbling with the puck more in the past two games than I've seen him do over the course of his tenure. I'd assume it's obviously injury related, but he just needs to settle down right now.

I'm so tired of rolling fringe NHL players on the "top line" at this point. On one hand you don't want to gift younger players prime roles on the team, but at a certain point they need to recognize some of the quality, offensive, depth the organization has and give a player a look if the team is going to continue go with the 4th liner du jour with Koivu/Parise. It's hurting that line and in turn the team. Nino/Coyle/Granlund all to some degree were given their chances, it's approaching that time soon for another player if the Wild can't stay healthy.

All in all, good win for the team even if they didn't have anywhere near the showing that we've seen. With the way the West is shaping up, they'll need all the points they can get.

Agreed. We're on pace for 103 points which would put us 9th in the west. Currently both us and the Kings would miss the playoffs. It's going to be a dog fight to make the playoffs this year.

this providence

Chips in Bed Theorem
Oct 19, 2008
St. Paul
TP, are you thinking call up Zucker or put Coyle in that spot?

I'm mostly referring to if Coyle is going to continue to need some time.

I personally wouldn't be quick to call up Zucker mainly because I don't think it'd be wise to have Yeo continue mess with his head and what would be expected of him. I'd leave him in Iowa and let him find his game and allow him to be a focal, create, and be a trigger on PP. All would benefit him more moving forward than being called up only to see 4th line minutes and no PP time.

At a certain point, I'd like to see what Haula, Bulmer, Phillips, or Graovac could provide. If things stay status quo, whoever is filling in with Koivu/Parise is a passenger anyway. I'd prefer it to be someone who has some sort of quality element to their game.

Nharris31

Aug 9, 2013
Agreed. We're on pace for 103 points which would put us 9th in the west. Currently both us and the Kings would miss the playoffs. It's going to be a dog fight to make the playoffs this year.

No currently today we would make the playoffs were third in the central division.

rynryn

Reluctant Optimist. Permanently Déclassé.
May 29, 2008
Minny
i thought it was just crap passing for much of the game that was the icing problem.

Mumbler*

Maybe I was watching a different game but he was turning pucks over left and right. I love Parise but that was far from his best game as a member of the Wild.

I didn't see this right and left. Maybe 1 or 2 turnovers and agreed it wasn't his best game but I think you are totally exaggerating. Unless you are counting lost races for the puck as a turnover?

LordFletcher

Jun 18, 2012
Tonka-Wayzata, MN
can someone please fill me in on the playoff format / and how to qualify. I forget after it had been announced.

Do the top two or three from each division advance?

LordFletcher

Jun 18, 2012
Tonka-Wayzata, MN
I didn't see this right and left. Maybe 1 or 2 turnovers and agreed it wasn't his best game but I think you are totally exaggerating. Unless you are counting lost races for the puck as a turnover?

there were several turnovers in the first period and a lot of sloppy passes in the neutral zone ... but if the Wild continue to bury their chances, they will win. I would rather see the Wild play like they did last night than how they were to start the season. This team scoring 3-4 goals a game will give them more chances to earn more points throughout the season

youvegotit

Dec 10, 2011
can someone please fill me in on the playoff format / and how to qualify. I forget after it had been announced.

Do the top two or three from each division advance?

Top 3 from each division then top 2 remaining in western conference.

rynryn

May 29, 2008
Minny
if you want the best playoff picture look at NHL's Wildcard standings view.

jedisports

Jul 4, 2012
This is nice that we can win a game 4-0 and still complain about how to improve. We are becoming a fanbase that supports a team that should be winning a lot and we expect nothing less. I think a corner has been turned. I love it.

Mumbler*

there were several turnovers in the first period and a lot of sloppy passes in the neutral zone ... but if the Wild continue to bury their chances, they will win. I would rather see the Wild play like they did last night than how they were to start the season. This team scoring 3-4 goals a game will give them more chances to earn more points throughout the season

Just by Zach? Because that's who was being discussed. I am aware that we got pretty hemmed in for the first.

rynryn

May 29, 2008
Minny
Zach tends to have more than the average amount of turnovers because of the way he plays. he also has more than average take-aways. just one of those things. instead of Koivu or coyle type protecting the puck he's wiggling around trying to get free. leads to more chances but also more turnovers.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad