Pre-Game Talk: 11/29: Bruins vs. Islanders Pre-Game Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
good lord, just when you get some good news (Carlo/JD) you read Miller out 5 weeks. Really too bad but man it could have been so much worse as others have stated. I know nothing about this Kovar guy

Bridges31

Sweep the leg!
Oct 7, 2007
NH
I don’t know anything about Jan Kovar. Hadn’t even heard of him until a few days ago. What’s his potential?

VanIsle

Jun 5, 2007
Comox Valley, B.C.
Really hope this doesn't mean Heinen, Bjork and Clifton are the scratches for Acciari and Kampfer.

Does it really matter who plays in the bottom 6, no one there can score.

I just looked, it is beyond atrocious.
Nordstrom 5 points
Heinen 5 points
Kuraly 4 points
Wagner 3 points
Bjork 3 points
Backes 3 points
Accari 1 point

That is 7 regulars with 24 points total, there are 36 individual players with more points then these guys.

Some of them did have top 6 minutes as well.

Comon Man!!!!

Reactions: Strafer

BruinsFanSince94

The Perfect Fan ™
Sep 28, 2017
New England
Does it really matter who plays in the bottom 6, no one there can score.

I just looked, it is beyond atrocious.
Nordstrom 5 points
Heinen 5 points
Kuraly 4 points
Wagner 3 points
Bjork 3 points
Backes 3 points
Accari 1 point

That is 7 regulars with 24 points total, there are 36 individual players with more points then these guys.

Some of them did have top 6 minutes as well.

Comon Man!!!!

It is beyond atrocious but why are we sitting Heinen who is the top scorer out of this bunch and Bjork? Donato isn't coming up fresh either. He has 1G in 10 games this season for us. Noel Acciari continues to get playing time... I don't get it.

VanIsle

Jun 5, 2007
Comox Valley, B.C.
You sit him to get him motivated and to see the game from a different level.

I really thought one of Heinen or Bjork would have taken the next step forward, but they have both stepped in s*** this year.

Just get healthy and maybe this team can compete, with one line they may win a round in the playoffs if they make it, but not much more.

22Brad Park

Nov 23, 2008
Calgary AB
Could be Kampfer is comfortable on the left while Clifton isn't? Maybe they just wanted to get Kampfer in for a game since he hasn't played in a week.

Should be your best lineup when points are at a premium and own division is loaded and showing no signs of slowing down.Also could be as alluded to above however that Clifton cannot play opposite side very well.

Saxon Eric

Dec 18, 2005
Not a fan of this lineup, it seems Bruce is falling in line with when things get dicey you get more conservative

Krupp

Apr 6, 2012
Shall I compose a ballad of longing, and regret of not drafting Barzal??

I'm kidding, obviously.

ON3M4N

Ignores/60 = Elite
Dec 13, 2015
Connecticut
Hoping he can find a better umbrella than Acciari. He has so many others to choose from too.

The one thing with Acciari though, is you know what your going to get. He's going to bring the physical play, blocks shots and put his body on the line. As much as the skill isn't there, he's going to give you 110% every shift. Its not like Bjork and Heinen are way ahead on points either. In fact, Heinen leads w/ 5, Bjork with 3 and Acciari 1. I mean what's are we really talking about when the delta between the best of the three and worst of the three is 4 points. Not to mention, Acciari doesn't get many offensive looks and leads the Bruins in dZS%

Reactions: Dr Hook

Clode

Aug 2, 2012
Derry, NH
All flash no dash right now, but you can see alot of raw potential in terms of skating and shot. Hard to know how he'll end up.

My thoughts exactly. Its evident that the talent is there I'm just not so sure he has the brain to go with it.

compan

Sep 30, 2009
Nashville
The one thing with Acciari though, is you know what your going to get. He's going to bring the physical play, blocks shots and put his body on the line. As much as the skill isn't there, he's going to give you 110% every shift. Its not like Bjork and Heinen are way ahead on points either. In fact, Heinen leads w/ 5, Bjork with 3 and Acciari 1. I mean what's are we really talking about when the delta between the best of the three and worst of the three is 4 points. Not to mention, Acciari doesn't get many offensive looks and leads the Bruins in dZS%

We know what we are going for get for sure. But I thought we signed Wagner to do all those things. We also have Kuraly who is supposed to do all those things. We have 3 players doing that responsibility in a league that is getting more skilled and quicker. Heinen and Bjork will figure it out at the pro level and widen that gap with Acciari I'm sure.

ON3M4N

Ignores/60 = Elite
Dec 13, 2015
Connecticut
We know what we are going for get for sure. But I thought we signed Wagner to do all those things. We also have Kuraly who is supposed to do all those things. We have 3 players doing that responsibility in a league that is getting more skilled and quicker. Heinen and Bjork will figure it out at the pro level and widen that gap with Acciari I'm sure.

Right now though with the team as injured as it is, I think you take the known. If you were to play Donato, Bjork and Heinen at the same time, 1/3 of your top 9 would be a game of which player am I getting tonight.

UConn126

Bass Player.
Sponsor
Jun 12, 2010
Somerville, MA
I don’t know anything about Jan Kovar. Hadn’t even heard of him until a few days ago. What’s his potential?
Career KHL guy who came over to North America and signed a deal with Providence. I wasn't aware he had an NHL deal with the Bruins (For anyone in the know, is he here on a PTO or did the big club sign him?)

He's got some talent, but is by no means young, or a prospect. I'd say his ceiling is a 3rd liner. Putting up ok numbers as a 28 year old in the AHL doesn't impress me. I certainly don't think he's the answer to any of our problems, but it never hurts to try. Obviously rooting for the best.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad