Pre-Game Talk: 11/29: Bruins vs. Islanders Pre-Game Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

ON3M4N

Ignores/60 = Elite
Dec 13, 2015
Connecticut
Highlighting that he has a point in 2 out of 3 games really doesn't help your argument at all...

Is he a generational talent? No, but he is a legit #1C. I go to a handful of Islanders games a year, as tickets are dirt cheap, and I've seen him play some great games. He's a solid player for a team that really needs a solid player.

I'm happy with DeBrusk, and still have faith in Zboril and Zach, and missing out on Barzal doesn't bother me. It's the nature of the draft, but to argue he's not that good is cognitive dissonance.

His team went 0-3-0 last year vs Boston, have 2 assist in 3 games doesn't mean jack. For as much as people drool over this kid, I would have thought he could keep the games closer than 5-2, 5-1, 3-1. I know its a team game, but again people make him out to be some generational talent (which as you said he's not).

Like I said before, I'm not saying he's bad. I just don't get the hype that surrounds the kid. He'll be a strong #1C, but he's never going to be a Crosby, McDavid, Malkin, Ovie type of guy. That's what I'm getting at with him.

EvilElf63

Mar 27, 2012
Catskills
I'm working late tonight but I'm going to watch with a co-worker who is a big Isles fan. It'd be great to watch a win in this mini workplace rivalry!

Wooren

no longer perennial 4th place losers
May 17, 2015
Prague
His team went 0-3-0 last year vs Boston, have 2 assist in 3 games doesn't mean jack. For as much as people drool over this kid, I would have thought he could keep the games closer than 5-2, 5-1, 3-1. I know its a team game, but again people make him out to be some generational talent (which as you said he's not).

Like I said before, I'm not saying he's bad. I just don't get the hype that surrounds the kid. He'll be a strong #1C, but he's never going to be a Crosby, McDavid, Malkin, Ovie type of guy. That's what I'm getting at with him.
You said it, he will be a strong 1C, how many of those are in the league? He is an elite forward who posted PPG in his rookie season. Trying to down play him just because his team was overhelmed in the games against Boston is just silly.

That being said, you win some you lose some. In most drafts you have this one guy who gets drafted later and eventually emerges as a top 3 player in potential redraft. We missed on that guy in Barzal, but we struck gold in Pastrnak and McAvoy. And even if Zboril and Senyshyn bust, we still got Debrusk, Carlo, Lauzon and JFK out of the 2015 draft. (Plus a strong maybe in Vladar.)

Reactions: BiGBear8

ON3M4N

Ignores/60 = Elite
Dec 13, 2015
Connecticut
You said it, he will be a strong 1C, how many of those are in the league? He is an elite forward who posted PPG in his rookie season. Trying to down play him just because his team was overhelmed in the games against Boston is just silly.

That being said, you win some you lose some. In most drafts you have this one guy who gets drafted later and eventually emerges as a top 3 player in potential redraft. We missed on that guy in Barzal, but we struck gold in Pastrnak and McAvoy. And even if Zboril and Senyshyn bust, we still got Debrusk, Carlo, Lauzon and JFK out of the 2015 draft. (Plus a strong maybe in Vladar.)

Right now without really looking at the list, I'd say you have 15-20 strong #1C's. I'm not trying to down play him, I'm just not sure why some people think he's so amazing. I don't watch many Islander games (in fact I only watch when they play Boston), so all I can go on with Barzal is what I see when he faces us. In those games, I just haven't seen what others see.

Marcobruin

Oct 30, 2016
Providence bruins vs isles
McAvoy has already almost missed half a season and maybe more depending when he gets back( very frustrating ) ..half a season out of 2 seasons... I sure hope it's not asign if things to come .

False Start

May 8, 2018
Right now without really looking at the list, I'd say you have 15-20 strong #1C's. I'm not trying to down play him, I'm just not sure why some people think he's so amazing. I don't watch many Islander games (in fact I only watch when they play Boston), so all I can go on with Barzal is what I see when he faces us. In those games, I just haven't seen what others see.

Mathew Barzal is one of the best skaters in the league with the puck.

He's up there with in my opinion McDavid, and MacKinnon in terms of game breaking speed with the puck. Explosive, and almost impossible to contain.

This is why there's so much hype around him.

BruinsFanSince94

The Perfect Fan ™
Sep 28, 2017
New England
Providence bruins vs isles
McAvoy has already almost missed half a season and maybe more depending when he gets back( very frustrating ) ..half a season out of 2 seasons... I sure hope it's not asign if things to come .

He suffered a knee injury and a concussion. So if he has just the world's worst injury luck, it's a sign of things to come.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad