Pre-Game Talk: 11/29: Bruins vs. Islanders Pre-Game Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Save By Thomas

Jive Turkey
Nov 12, 2011
The armpit of California
Does it really matter who plays in the bottom 6, no one there can score.

I just looked, it is beyond atrocious.
Nordstrom 5 points
Heinen 5 points
Kuraly 4 points
Wagner 3 points
Bjork 3 points
Backes 3 points
Accari 1 point

That is 7 regulars with 24 points total, there are 36 individual players with more points then these guys.

We're ¼ of the way into the season, seems like they could've scored more than that by accident. :shakehead

compan

Sep 30, 2009
Nashville
Right now though with the team as injured as it is, I think you take the known. If you were to play Donato, Bjork and Heinen at the same time, 1/3 of your top 9 would be a game of which player am I getting tonight.

Certainly fair given the players you mentioned which are likely our Top 3 prospects that would be in competition for the spot.

smack66

Mar 5, 2008
ontario
The one thing with Acciari though, is you know what your going to get. He's going to bring the physical play, blocks shots and put his body on the line. As much as the skill isn't there, he's going to give you 110% every shift. Its not like Bjork and Heinen are way ahead on points either. In fact, Heinen leads w/ 5, Bjork with 3 and Acciari 1. I mean what's are we really talking about when the delta between the best of the three and worst of the three is 4 points. Not to mention, Acciari doesn't get many offensive looks and leads the Bruins in dZS%
I don't mind Heinen and Bjork sitting for a game but will question if they sit for a long time and the Sundance kid continues to play. I can't understand the logic of a GM saying we need more scoring when the coach keeps playing Acciari.

Reactions: HustleB and Strafer

22Brad Park

Nov 23, 2008
Calgary AB
I don't mind Heinen and Bjork sitting for a game but will question if they sit for a long time and the Sundance kid continues to play. I can't understand the logic of a GM saying we need more scoring when the coach keeps playing Acciari.

Bruins lack physicality too.Im.fine playing Acciari over Bjork because he can lay some heavy hits where as Bjork simply put is not ready for the NHL.

BigBear83

Jan 29, 2013
Haverhill, NH
I hate seeing these lines.. what is butch doing? we complained about claude playing mind games with the kids now butch is starting to do it.. if thats his plan , fine, stick with it. send the kids down, all of whom are waiver eligible and stick them on the first line. but keeping them up here and playing with their confidence is just plain dumb.. bjork was really starting to look like he was getting it, then he sat him for two games, came back in for a game fearing his playing time was on the line again and looked like a timid deer.. make up your mind. grindy hockey with less skilled guys or play the young guys and let them learn. either way i dont care just make up your mind

Wooren

no longer perennial 4th place losers
May 17, 2015
Prague
Krejci hasn't scored in 15 games, be nice to have him pot a few eventually.

Nice to see Carlo might be back.
Krejci needs to shoot more, but he had some prime opportunites lately. Just haven't gone in.

I really wish to see Kovar against New York. Could be such feel-good moment for him, go against the team that wrote you off. I also like Cave on the 1st line, as crazy as it is. Longterm Cave seems like a good bottom six forward, but watching the games I think might be able to create better chemistry with Pastrnak and Marchand than what JFK have managed to.

Reactions: Strafer

ON3M4N

Ignores/60 = Elite
Dec 13, 2015
Connecticut
Just like every time that Boston plays the Islanders, the Bruins see what they are missing (Barzal). :naughty:

Except he's usually quite vs Boston. 3GP / 0G / 2A / -1

I'll be honest when hes played Boston, I walk away wondering why people make such a big deal about him. Maybe tonight's different, but he doesn't blow me away

Reactions: BMC

Estlin

Sep 25, 2013
New York City

I'll be honest when hes played Boston, I walk away wondering why people make such a big deal about him. Maybe tonight's different, but he doesn't blow me away

Maybe it's because he won the Calder last year and was a point-per-game player and has a 3-17-20 stat line in 23 games to date this season?

Reactions: Strafer and Wooren

Mick Riddleton

“A day without sunshine is like, you know, night.”
Apr 24, 2017
Niagara
Donato and Kovar are up, then who if anyone is going down or is hurt? I hope they play Clifton and Carlo is a go. Miller is just a bad luck country song, poor guy has no luck staying healthy

Reactions: Strafer

ON3M4N

Ignores/60 = Elite
Dec 13, 2015
Connecticut
Maybe it's because he won the Calder last year and was a point-per-game player and has a 3-17-20 stat line in 23 games to date this season?

I'm not saying he's not good, I just don't see why some people act like he's the next great thing.

UConn126

Bass Player.
Sponsor
Jun 12, 2010
Somerville, MA

Highlighting that he has a point in 2 out of 3 games really doesn't help your argument at all...

Is he a generational talent? No, but he is a legit #1C. I go to a handful of Islanders games a year, as tickets are dirt cheap, and I've seen him play some great games. He's a solid player for a team that really needs a solid player.

I'm happy with DeBrusk, and still have faith in Zboril and Zach, and missing out on Barzal doesn't bother me. It's the nature of the draft, but to argue he's not that good is cognitive dissonance.

neelynugs

Feb 27, 2002
Kovar isn't really "up" yet. He skated with the team but he's not signed yet

yeah, it appears he's getting the stempniak treatment. hang around, practice, and maybe we'll sign you.
i would think this decision will happen sooner than later - he has options overseas. maybe a week.

Reactions: FanSince72

veganbruin

Sep 20, 2013
Boston, MA
I though Bjork had been one of our better players of the ones that weren’t scoring, then he was scratched for no reason, then he played the worst game of his career in Toronto. Might need a few weeks in Providence. Really don’t want to see him traded as I think he still has the highest ceiling of our forward prospects (aside from maybe Studnicka).

Gordoff

Formerly: Strafer
Jan 18, 2003
The Hub
At this point I would like to see each top forward prospect get in for a few games and then go back down to Providence. Cave should get a couple more games, then Frederic. Even if nobody blows them away at least let them know that they get a 3 game stint and are going back down after to see who is going to rise to the occasion. I would also like to see what Senyshen can do up here... Am I wrong or are Frederic and Seny (not counting Studnika) somewhat more physical than the rest of the top prosects.

bobbyorr04

Bruins fan 4ever
Sponsor
Apr 12, 2011
Bruins love eating fishsticks...

200.gif

GO B's

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad