GDT: 11/29/19 - 5:00PM EDT - Tampa Bay @ Washington

DMB06

Jun 3, 2015
See that bolded part. Remember it every time you go to write something and ask that question to yourself before you hit post. Should do wonders. :thumbu:

Nice deflection. You're only exposing yourself as a fool. It's an objective fact that Vas has played poorly most of the season and that his reputation is that of a goalie who often lets in goals he shouldn't. This is something you're aware of, and we know this because instead of responding to legitimate criticism you attempt to steer the conversation into what you want it to be instead of what it is.

At some point you came to the conclusion that Vas is something he isn't, and instead of swallowing your pride and admitting you were wrong you argue with anyone who doesn't accept your bogus version of reality.

Shocking, Vas lets in 4 goals again.

Reactions: TheFurryPickle

TheFurryPickle

Mar 9, 2019
I blame Cooper for not playing Rutta more.. took him off for Ovis goal and not a second in OT... best defenseman of the game... gutted tbh.

Hint1k

Oct 27, 2017
Well, nice game, mediocre outcome. Still got a point. Next game please.

LightningStrikes

Champa Bay Lightning
Nov 24, 2009
Got a point on the road and played a very even game against the 2nd best team in the conference. That's okay.

Let's see how they do against Carolina tomorrow though, after getting hit 42 times tonight and with Wedgewood likely in net.

DMB06

Jun 3, 2015
You must be the best table company for thanksgiving dinner.

On a forum things tend to get out of hand if someone starts acting dishonestly and making assumptions. I decided to let the little fella know that isn't acceptable.

Brown nosing isn't really acceptable either....fyi.

ccman68

Dec 9, 2017
Why are people complaining about Vasy so f***ing much? Look at Bob, look at Price, look at Rinne.

Even the best goalies go through tough stretches. And Vasy’s numbers aren’t even that bad compared to these other guys.

If this is him when he is off his game I think it just shows how elite he is since he is still making multiple great saves every single game to keep us in games.

I would much rather pay him 9.5 than pay 6 for a worse goalie and then have 3.5 million to use on some average middle six forward that we already have a 100 of on this team.

Hint1k

Oct 27, 2017
this team is broken
I think we were watching two different teams or two different games. Cause that was I have just seen, I can only describe this way: Caps were badly outplayed the whole game in every period and were saved
1) By Bolts missing major 100% chances in open net in every period
and
2) By Vrana's magic invisible shot. He will never repeat it again.
We win the game like this 9 times out of 10. That was just that 10th one.

Reactions: Stamper

Master P

Mar 31, 2016
Florida
Nice deflection. You're only exposing yourself as a fool. It's an objective fact that Vas has played poorly most of the season and that his reputation is that of a goalie who often lets in goals he shouldn't. This is something you're aware of, and we know this because instead of responding to legitimate criticism you attempt to steer the conversation into what you want it to be instead of what it is.

At some point you came to the conclusion that Vas is something he isn't, and instead of swallowing your pride and admitting you were wrong you argue with anyone who doesn't accept your bogus version of reality.

Shocking, Vas lets in 4 goals again.
How about you start showing some "legitimate criticism" before getting on your high horse. You might want to take some of your own advice btw.

BeingTheThunder

Jul 9, 2018
www.beingthethunder.com
no none of it is his fault elite level goaltending
Vasi has not shown elite level goaltending all season.. not for a complete game... not yet. He's shown flashes in spurts but gives up waaaay too many soft goals. Way too many. His focus is obviously not where it needs to be yet. I know it seems we're hard on the lad but when you're the highest paid player on the team, dammit you need to play like it night in and night out.

LightningStrikes

Champa Bay Lightning
Nov 24, 2009
I disagree. We need ever point as we try to claw back into a playoff spot. Had 2 points in our sights and let it slip away.
You're right but I'm more upset about the points we left to teams like Ottawa or the Rangers. Getting a point on the road against a top-2 team isn't the end of the world.

Reactions: BeingTheThunder

DistantThunderRep

Mar 8, 2018
On a forum things tend to get out of hand if someone starts acting dishonestly and making assumptions. I decided to let the little fella know that isn't acceptable.

Do you even know who I am? 1 v 1 me bro.

Master P

Mar 31, 2016
Florida

Little fella? Now I know you're projecting

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
I disagree. We need ever point as we try to claw back into a playoff spot. Had 2 points in our sights and let it slip away.

I don't think it's all that dire. We have several games in hand on the teams ahead of us, and the only team WAY ahead is Boston. Gained a point on the Leafs this afternoon, lost a point to the Sabers. But we're on pace to finish top-2 in the division.

It sucks that we lost, but getting a point out of Washington isn't awful. If we win tomorrow, it's a successful back-to-back.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad