GDT: 11/29/19 - 5:00PM EDT - Tampa Bay @ Washington

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
Why are people complaining about Vasy so ****ing much? Look at Bob, look at Price, look at Rinne.

Even the best goalies go through tough stretches. And Vasy’s numbers aren’t even that bad compared to these other guys.

If this is him when he is off his game I think it just shows how elite he is since he is still making multiple great saves every single game to keep us in games.

I would much rather pay him 9.5 than pay 6 for a worse goalie and then have 3.5 million to use on some average middle six forward that we already have a 100 of on this team.

Nobody's saying he's not elite. We're saying he's off his game. I don't think that's really stepping over a line or anything. He hasn't played as well this year as we're used to.

Reactions: BeingTheThunder

DMB06

Jun 3, 2015
How about you start showing some "legitimate criticism" before getting on your high horse. You might want to take some of your own advice btw.

How about you start showing some honesty and sticking with what people say instead of making assumptions? Trust me, I don't need you to make my arguments for me, or reword what I say. When you get older you'll learn how transparent that tactic is, and how weak it reveals you know your own arguments are.

The issue is how blind you are to his deficiencies, you see him in a way that isn't true. So any criticism posted on this forum is immediately met with your typical cheerleader fluff. We get it, you think he's great. He's not. Are you arguing that he's playing well? That he's showing his contract is so far justified? What exactly is it that you're claiming, what exactly are people wrong about?

Master P

Mar 31, 2016
Florida
If we bury one of those chances we had in the final 5 min or so then people would be happy with how well they played. Instead they lose on the road in OT. Big whoop.

And of course the usual suspects crawl out from under their rock to post when the bolts lose. Par for the course I guess.

BeingTheThunder

Jul 9, 2018
www.beingthethunder.com
Nobody's saying he's not elite. We're saying he's off his game. I don't think that's really stepping over a line or anything. He hasn't played as well this year as we're used to.
And again, when the team commits to making him the highest paid player on the team, it's not unreasonable to expect him to be elite every night.

Reactions: DMB06

Master P

Mar 31, 2016
Florida
How about you start showing some honesty and sticking with what people say instead of making assumptions? Trust me, I don't need you to make my arguments for me, or reword what I say. When you get older you'll learn how transparent that tactic is, and how weak it reveals you know your own arguments are.

The issue is how blind you are to his deficiencies, you see him in a way that isn't true. So any criticism posted on this forum is immediately met with your typical cheerleader fluff. We get it, you think he's great. He's not. Are you arguing that he's playing well? That he's showing his contract is so far justified? What exactly is it that you're claiming, what exactly are people wrong about?
Every time he gives up a goal there is someone on here who gives him shit for it. Gets real old real quick. If you don't think he played well in this game then i'm not sure what to tell you. And again, you keep trying to act like you have me "figured out" lol. You seem like you've got a lot of pent up anger. Try taking a break from hfboards, its clear you can't handle it right now.

Fabiobest

Italian Florida Man
Feb 4, 2017
Turin, Italy
I think we were watching two different teams or two different games. Cause that was I have just seen, I can only describe this way: Caps were badly outplayed the whole game in every period and were saved
1) By Bolts missing major 100% chances in open net in every period
and
2) By Vrana's magic invisible shot. He will never repeat it again.
We win the game like this 9 times out of 10. That was just that 10th one.
The Vrana goal was really absurd. The rapidity of his shot was something amazing.
It sucks to say it but it's the truth.
Also Ovi goal. It's not only a Tampa problem. It's 15 years he's scoring this type of goal, not only against us but also against the entire world.

Reactions: TeslaCoilFan

ccman68

Dec 9, 2017
And again, when the team commits to making him the highest paid player on the team, it's not unreasonable to expect him to be elite every night.

there is not a single goalie in the history of the NHL who is elite every single night. You might think it’s not unreasonable but to me it sounds like the most f***ing ridiculous thing I’ve heard in my life.

Maelmoor

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 20, 2004
Stockholm, Sweden
It could easily been four points against Blues and Caps. I'm pleased with the effort, just a shame we didn't get the points to show it.

Hint1k

Oct 27, 2017
Also Ovi goal. It's not only a Tampa problem. It's 15 years he's scoring this type of goal, not only against us but also against the entire world.
That was my point. Ovechkin can repeat his shot every time you put him there. Vrana cant. It was super lucky shot. Without that invisible puck goal we would won this 3-2.

Reactions: Fabiobest

God King Fudge

Championship Swag
Oct 13, 2017
Watch this game if you want to know why it’sa franchise breaking decision to pay a goalie like a Star forward

LightningStrikes

Champa Bay Lightning
Nov 24, 2009
It’s fine we have all these games in hand! Oh wait lol not when you lose them
Holy overreaction. We're 6-3-1 in our last 10. 1 point behind Toronto with 4 games in hand, 1 point behind Buffalo with 3 games in hand, 2 points behind Florida with 2 games in hand. Florida and Buffalo have a negative goal differential and Toronto is at zero, we're at +10. We lead the entire league in goals scored per game. In the month of November we had the best PP% and the best PK% in the entire league.

Reactions: Maelmoor and Hint1k

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad