GDT: 11/29/19 - 5:00PM EDT - Tampa Bay @ Washington

Antiramie

Mar 25, 2011
I have no idea what to think of this team at this point. We’re not beating top tier teams but still proving we can hang with them.

Then again when they stomped the crap out of everyone last season they still got annihilated in the playoffs. So I don’t know how much you can take away from “hanging in there”.

I honestly don’t think I can make any judgments until I see how they perform in the playoffs (if they get there). Obviously, if they don’t, we’ll know sooner than later who they really are.

Whoshattenkirkshoes

Aug 11, 2014
I think we were watching two different teams or two different games. Cause that was I have just seen, I can only describe this way: Caps were badly outplayed the whole game in every period and were saved
1) By Bolts missing major 100% chances in open net in every period
and
2) By Vrana's magic invisible shot. He will never repeat it again.
We win the game like this 9 times out of 10. That was just that 10th one.
id say we win more like 6.5 out of 10. Caps had some danger early on. Posts, missed chances etc.

Fabiobest

Italian Florida Man
Feb 4, 2017
Turin, Italy
id say we win more like 6.5 out of 10. Caps had some danger early on. Posts, missed chances etc.
I'd say we could win 5 out of 10 games @ Capitals. Because we're a great team but also Washington has a very very good roster. So it's very complicated to win every game on their ice.
These are games we could win or lose and the difference between the W and the L is very small. So, for me, yesterday was a positive game: we'd our chances and they won thanks to 2 amazing goals, in particular the Vrana one.

bov

Nov 13, 2010
Even though it was a frustrating loss, the Point/Kucherov duo is starting to look much more dangerous. There were some encouraging things about that game, just ended up losing the goaltending battle. Vasy wasn't outright bad but a couple of those were suspect.

Reactions: Stammertime91

Whoshattenkirkshoes

Aug 11, 2014
I'd say we could win 5 out of 10 games @ Capitals. Because we're a great team but also Washington has a very very good roster. So it's very complicated to win every game on their ice.
These are games we could win or lose and the difference between the W and the L is very small. So, for me, yesterday was a positive game: we'd our chances and they won thanks to 2 amazing goals, in particular the Vrana one.
I agree in general

I meant based on yesterdays performance

Last edited:
Reactions: Fabiobest

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad