• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

SnowblindNYR

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 16, 2011
Brooklyn, NY
I was so pissed, I left after the third goal, stormed out of the bell center, dropped my girlfriend off( now wife) and headed back to The Big Apple. I listened the whole drive home and realized want an immature *****, and don’t take sports as seriously anymore. To cap the night off the Giants won the super bowl! All in all it turned out to be a great sports night, but not such a great look for me personally.

I'm 33 and I still take sports too seriously.

True Blue

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
I will say that that those in here who opposed us signing Panarin have been awfully quiet since the year started...wonder why...hmmm....lol
This BS again? REALLY?

If you were completely honest and recalled the reasoning of the opposition, you would not beat your chest with a post like this.
But let’s for arguments sake say Panarin beginning in 2023 till his contract ends averages 65-70 points a year, by that time one would presume with all the kids we got now and still bringing in would now be peaking, the team will be bonafide Cup contenders and we’d have been in the playoffs for multiple years by than as well.
Or let's say that he starts that season and is averaging 45-50 points a year for several seasons. That still worth the price tag?

Last edited:
Reactions: HatTrick Swayze

True Blue

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
No reason why the NYR can't replicate that.
Ottawa has 23 points in 23 games. NYR has 22 points in 21 games. If you are going to compare teams, would it not make sense to have salient points to gripe about?

And comparing them to the Islanders is silly. Why not compare then to Colorado while you are at it?

Reactions: The S5

TheBloodyNine

Pure Bred Soviet Savage
Oct 8, 2016
Queens
I recall vividly that "Should We Go Hard for Panarin" poll tread I started during the summer which got a ton of traction and the "for Panarin" peeps like moi barely had the advantage as it was something like 51% to 49%...it was that close.

Fast forward to current day and I'd think if that same poll of mine was posted, it would be more like 95% to 5% as I'm sure there are still a few hold outs in here who think us getting Panarin now won't coincide with when the team is truly ready to make a Cup run which IMO is BS but that was the narrative the "anti signing Panarin" peeps were espousing back in the summer...remember?

I will say that that those in here who opposed us signing Panarin have been awfully quiet since the year started...wonder why...hmmm....lol

Nobody who didn't want to sign him didn't say he wasn't an elite level player. It's more about how he's going to age as he gets older. He's having a great season but the Rangers aren't going to make the playoffs. Will he be playing at this same level when he's 33? Maybe don't dance on graves just yet.

Maximus

Dec 23, 2003
Doylestown, PA
Nobody who didn't want to sign him didn't say he wasn't an elite level player. It's more about how he's going to age as he gets older. He's having a great season but the Rangers aren't going to make the playoffs. Will he be playing at this same level when he's 33? Maybe don't dance on graves just yet.

As I just posted a few posts above yours, I’m in the group that feels that Panarins productivity even at his age 32 season going forward will still be in that 70+ point range along with all his other peripherals he contributes superbly in, will mesh famously with all the current young guns we have now as well as the teams anticipated rise to the leagues elite.

Also as I said when you add into the equation, Bread was very likely going to the Islanders which would have made that team even scarier than they look right now which is pretty damn scary I hate to admit, the move by Gorton to sign Panarin was a brilliant one and one which history will fondly smile upon as I expect the Breadman to be riding on a bus or two down the Canyon of Heros sometime in the next decade...

Hi ImHFNYR

Jan 10, 2013
Wherever I'm standing atm
As I just posted a few posts above yours, I’m in the group that feels that Panarins productivity even at his age 32 season going forward will still be in that 70+ point range along

No shit, nothing he said necessitated that you repeat this. Yet you repeat it as if it's a perfect counter to what he's saying.

You said something completely different and completely dishonest that he was responding to. You have now been called out by 3 or 4 of us for doing it. Try responding to it or god forbid admit it was shitty to do instead of changing the topic

NYR

Mar 1, 2002
LI
Ottawa has 23 points in 23 games. NYR has 22 points in 21 games. If you are going to compare teams, would it not make sense to have salient points to gripe about?

And comparing them to the Islanders is silly. Why not compare then to Colorado while you are at it?

OTT is 8-3 in their last 11 including 2 wins against the NYR and are on the RISE..
NYR are 6-5 in that span.
You see the difference?
Probably not with those blinders ruining your vision but feel free to you use whatever numbers you like in order to suit your tantrum lol

LokiDog

Get pucks deep. Get pucks to the net. And, uh…
Sep 13, 2018
Dallas
When Mika is back:
Panarin. Strome. Fast
Kreider. Chytil. Buch
Lemieux. Mika. KK.
Gettt./Smith. Howden. Mckegg

I’m fine with that, but honestly Fast is only dragging that top line down and I think Lemmy would take it to another level. Put Howden on Mika’s wing on the third line, shift McKegg to center and let Fast play 4th line where he belongs.

Reactions: egelband

usekakkorightquinn

Oct 18, 2019
If Fox wasn't here then DeAngelo would be a big part of the future here. He deserves credit for improving a lot. DeAngelo can score some nice goals and setup them as well. However, you win cups by keeping the puck out of your net first and foremost. Lundkvist projects as a totally superior defensive player than DeAngelo. I definitely think they trade Kreider at the deadline now if the deal is right.

mrmel329

Feb 28, 2013
When Mika is back:
Panarin. Strome. Fast
Kreider. Chytil. Buch
Lemieux. Mika. KK.
Gettt./Smith. Howden. Mckegg

Cag, I like this with one tweak. I would swap kakko and fast as I think the bread man and kakko have some good chemistry together

kovazub94

Enigmatic
Aug 5, 2010
I personally supported Panarin signing in the offseason (even if the price tag is a $1m per higher for my liking, which is not small) but patting yourself on a back after 20 game into 7-year contract is childishly early.

Reactions: HatTrick Swayze

Kovalev27

BEST IN THE WORLD
Jun 22, 2004
NYC
Watched the game this morning couldn’t believe what I saw.

Georgiev was really bad. I mean really bad. Just as bad as he was against Ottawa and Tampa. This is not good for him wondering if Shesterkin is in his head. He settled down but he could have just given the game away again. He’s gotta make those saves. None of them should have been goals except for the 5th one. He does not look right at all lately.

Trouba and skjei really really came on in that second half. If you only watched the last 30 mins they were complete studs.

Chytil is becoming just a force. Just solid every night.

awesome game for Lemieux.

Guys wanting to keep Strome on the top line and dropping Mika to the third line are NUTS. I cannot wait for Strome to be slotted where he belongs. We desperately need Mika back. Desperately

but what a game. That was awesome

True Blue

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
OTT is 8-3 in their last 11 including 2 wins against the NYR and are on the RISE..
NYR are 6-5 in that span.
You see the difference?
Probably not with those blinders ruining your vision but feel free to you use whatever numbers you like in order to suit your tantrum lol
No one is having a tantrum. But Team A has a certain amount of points and Team B has a certain amount of points. You are what your record says you are.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad