3 Stars of the Game

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Larrybiv

We're CLEAN, we PROMISE!
May 14, 2013
South Florida
It's funny that they mentioned the last time the Rangers came back from a 4-0 hole.

In 91, I hadn't been married a year and I'm watching the Rangers lose to the Caps.

I'm yelling at the TV and my new bride tells me there is alot of time left in the game. I tell her the odds of a 4-0 comeback are slim to none and she asks if I want her to put the Malocchio on the caps.

Me being a Kraut/Mic halfbreed, I have no idea of what she is talking about and I do not believe in Guinea voodoo.

She laughs, puts her fingers to her temple, squints her eyes while focusing on the caps.

I see this and laugh. I'm a little buzzed as I just finished off a fat joint.

The Rangers come back, win the game 8-6 and i have been deathly terrified of her since

Nice story and seriously made me laugh out LOUD! My dogs reacted to my laughter.

Fvital92

Jul 7, 2017
Brazil
It will be a shame whein Chytil gets demoted to the 3rd line when Mika is back, He has been really good.

Larrybiv

We're CLEAN, we PROMISE!
May 14, 2013
South Florida
When Mika is back:
Panarin. Strome. Fast
Kreider. Chytil. Buch
Lemieux. Mika. KK.
Gettt./Smith. Howden. Mckegg
Getting Fast to where he need to be on the 4th line with a solid, talented top 9......is our main goal here. Fast is likely to be gone come tdl, imo. There are MANY 2019 PO teams that would be in dire need of a Jesper on their team, especially as a cheap rental.
Again also IMO, there is NO WAY he is on this team come next season, we will be too well stacked with younger and more talented players. And this, coming from a Jesper fan.

Reactions: egelband

wafflepadsave

May 28, 2011
Franklin, Tn
No. It's not. Kreider is a pansy for his size. He rarely ever sticks up for one of this teammates. He doesn't play that hard half the time. I give Kreider credit for standing in front of the net but it can't be disputed with his talent, he has underachieved for his career. This year is a perfect example. Kreider plays on the first PP unit and 4 more minutes a game than Lemieux. He has 1 more PP point, 1 less SH goal, 3 more total points and 7 more shots. I've been a harsh critic of Buchnevich but he has 18 points and is a +9 on a very young team this year. He has finally stepped up. Glad to admit I was wrong on him. As much as I'm not a fan of Quinn, he got through to him. Chytil as well. Have to give him credit where he deserves it. I think the teams defensive system stinks but I still hold hope out that he can figure it out. I've stood up for Kreider forever but watching Lemieux and Chytil play the past 7 or 8 games, it reminds me that Kreider is expendable in the right deal. You certainly have to use Stepan as a comparison to Kreider. He was lazy like Kreider is in half his games. Got a big contract and became useless.

Kreider had all the skills to go out and play like a Brady Tkachuk. Instead, he went out and played like a Kevin Hayes most of the time. You almost never see Kreider lay somebody out with a big hit.
That’s because he gets penalized cus he is stupid about how he does it. Needs coaching about and when to hit.

usekakkorightquinn

Oct 18, 2019
Nonsense. You can't stop hitting and playing aggressively because you get some calls against you. That's part of being a player like that.

The S5

Jul 27, 2017
I wouldn't touch Babcock with a 10 foot pole and I really don't see what he has to do with Quinn anyway.

I have quite a few things that I dislike about DQ but in short..Yes, it's mostly systems or lack thereof.

Just step back a minute and look at last nights game.
If you look at the amount of energy and how hard this team works going north, you have to question why they don't put that same amount of effort in the opposite side of the rink.

Is it the players? I don't believe it is and I'm not buying the "it's young team" excuse.
It's because DQ isn't teaching defense.

He teaches one way only IMO and lives and dies with this garbage..If it works it works, if it doesn't it doesn't, nevermind adjusting to opposing coaches strategies.

It's all about the fundamentals and if you look at teams like OTT and the Fishsticks, they play very simple yet very effective brand of hockey with relatively thin rosters.

No reason why the NYR can't replicate that.
I don't see how you can make the argument that Quinn doesn't teach defense. It's a ridiculous premise.
You can make the argument that his defensive system, which you haven't told us what it is, isn't effective. I would argue that young players take time to adjust to the NHL and defensive coverage responsibilities. The game moves at an extremely fast pace and it takes time for young players to adjust.
What I can't understand is how you think that all Quinn has to do is copy Trotz system. If it were that easy, every team would do it. As it is, every team runs systems that are very similar.
So, since you don't agree with Quinn's systems, please tell us what systems you would like to see run?

Reactions: JCProdigy

The S5

Jul 27, 2017
Bro.. C'mon man.. You just love dancing around reality.
OTT is one of the worst teams in the league and yet they seem to be figuring things out.
Why can't the NYR?
Because DQ was an assistant coach in CO and was never offered a job since, other than in the College ranks?
That makes him qualified?

I guess I just have a little more faith in the players capabilities with a proper system in place than you.

Not sure what else to tell you..

You could tell us what system you would like to see run. Better yet, tell us Quinn's systems, so we could compare it to other teams system. I'll wait.

True Blue

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
Bro.. C'mon man.. You just love dancing around reality.
OTT is one of the worst teams in the league and yet they seem to be figuring things out.
Why can't the NYR?
How many points does a team like Toronto have? Remind me please how many Cups their former coach won. And back to Ottawa, how many points do they have in how many games? Now what about the Rangers? Also, which of those teams is the youngest?
Because DQ was an assistant coach in CO and was never offered a job since, other than in the College ranks?
That makes him qualified?
Let's not obfuscate facts here in order to create a certain narrative, shall we? It is not that Quinn was not offered an NHL job, it is that he took his dream job. So there's that. Then let's not forget that he was the head coach of an AHL team for 3 years. So he has that going for him as well. Based on that, and having been a former top pick and playing in the league, what is it that makes him unqualified?

According to you, seemingly the only people who are qualfied to be NHL head coaches are those that have coached NHL teams. Under that logic, how can anyone be a new coach in the NHL?

Hi ImHFNYR

Jan 10, 2013
Wherever I'm standing atm
Crazy, fun game.

Georgiev showing signs of turning back into a pumpkin. Shesty deserves to get a game soon. Maybe sooner than we think with the compressed schedule coming up?
I would just say that the dude is what he has always been, a decent backup. Biggest difference between backups and starters is consistency. Any goalie, even the great Mackenzie Skapski, can play a game in the NHL and pitch a shutout on the right day.

What can you do over 40, 50, 60?

That's why Hank is the 1 or two greatest goalie of this entire generation without question (and I think when you look at the quality of his team over his entire career his numbers are elevated even further, making him the unquestioned number 1).

I hope we can bring in 1 more top 4 QUALITY defensemen who can control his own damn zone and I hope both our current young D and our current F core can really shape up defensively. I think Hank has one more great season in him but he needs some help to get there. The batshit insane number of high danger chances and defensive breakdowns that he currently faces is just too much at his age. Hell, too much at any age

GordonGecko

First Ping Pong Ball
Oct 28, 2010
New York City
like-father-like-son-brendan-lemieux-completes-the-comeback-for-the-rangers-in-front-of-his-famous-father-pepe-lemieux-at-the-bell-center-highlights-recap-postgame.jpg

Hi ImHFNYR

Jan 10, 2013
Wherever I'm standing atm
It will be a shame whein Chytil gets demoted to the 3rd line when Mika is back, He has been really good.
It could be more about usage and linemates. Being the technical 3rd line center doesn't necessarily mean he'll be playing much less or changing the way he plays.

It could mean that but hopefully his performance allows Quinn to roll lines 2 and 3 pretty evenly.

Kovalev27

BEST IN THE WORLD
Jun 22, 2004
NYC
Home today pretending to work so watching this game again and i gotta reiterate. We were very solid in that first period. I can’t say this enough but Georgiev was embarrassingly bad.

The Sportnet Announce team really reiterated it the whole period. NYR came out of the gates flying.

Trouba played his most physical game of the year.

Chytil was awesome in this game from the very start.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad