Post-Game Talk: 11/23/19 | #21 RANGERS @ habs

3 Stars of the Game

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

kovazub94

Enigmatic
Aug 5, 2010
Sure if you think that Zib is now the third best center on this team.

I was mostly joking but on a serious note, I don’t see how one of the better lines for the Rangers is broken up and two of its better players are relegated to the 3rd line minutes while promoting inexperienced Kakko and returning-from-head-injury Zibanejad are promoted to top-6 in their place?

Edit: Personally, I’m not fully against Zibanejad stepping into top-6 right away but Kakko needs to stay out of top-6 at least until Zibanejad is proven to be fully 100% back.

Last edited:

Hi ImHFNYR

Jan 10, 2013
Wherever I'm standing atm
Watched the game this morning couldn’t believe what I saw.

Georgiev was really bad. I mean really bad. Just as bad as he was against Ottawa and Tampa. This is not good for him wondering if Shesterkin is in his head. He settled down but he could have just given the game away again. He’s gotta make those saves. None of them should have been goals except for the 5th one. He does not look right at all lately.
but what a game. That was awesome

Funny bc nevesis was losing his mind defending "perfect technique" georgiev. It was peak nev. @Faceless destroyed him for it bc it was also accompanying a bit of an ego flex by nev

Feb 27, 2002
NYC
I was mostly joking but on a serious note, I don’t see how one of the better lines for the Rangers is broken up and two of its better players are relegated to the 3rd line minutes while promoting inexperienced Kakko and returning-from-head-injury Zibanejad are promoted to top-6 in their place?
With Strome and Panarin showing chemistry and Chytil filling one of the center spots it frees the Rangers up to play Zibanejad with Kakko and finally give him a consistent center with definite offensive ability.

kovazub94

Enigmatic
Aug 5, 2010
With Strome and Panarin showing chemistry and Chytil filling one of the center spots it frees the Rangers up to play Zibanejad with Kakko and finally give him a consistent center with definite offensive ability.

I edited my post above, basically I’m not against it, just want to see Zibanejad prove 100% back first.

HatTrick Swayze

Just Be Nice
Jun 16, 2006
Chicago
Crazy, fun game.

Georgiev showing signs of turning back into a pumpkin. Shesty deserves to get a game soon. Maybe sooner than we think with the compressed schedule coming up?

lucky13

Iron Chic
Sep 17, 2006
Ridgewood, NY
It's funny that they mentioned the last time the Rangers came back from a 4-0 hole.

In 91, I hadn't been married a year and I'm watching the Rangers lose to the Caps.

I'm yelling at the TV and my new bride tells me there is alot of time left in the game. I tell her the odds of a 4-0 comeback are slim to none and she asks if I want her to put the Malocchio on the caps.

Me being a Kraut/Mic halfbreed, I have no idea of what she is talking about and I do not believe in Guinea voodoo.

She laughs, puts her fingers to her temple, squints her eyes while focusing on the caps.

I see this and laugh. I'm a little buzzed as I just finished off a fat joint.

The Rangers come back, win the game 8-6 and i have been deathly terrified of her since
I was 11 and at that game... still have the ticket stub.... Remember those??? Haha

leetch99

Leetch66 Joined 2007
Oct 5, 2017
PEI Canada
It's funny that they mentioned the last time the Rangers came back from a 4-0 hole.

In 91, I hadn't been married a year and I'm watching the Rangers lose to the Caps.

I'm yelling at the TV and my new bride tells me there is alot of time left in the game. I tell her the odds of a 4-0 comeback are slim to none and she asks if I want her to put the Malocchio on the caps.

Me being a Kraut/Mic halfbreed, I have no idea of what she is talking about and I do not believe in Guinea voodoo.

She laughs, puts her fingers to her temple, squints her eyes while focusing on the caps.

I see this and laugh. I'm a little buzzed as I just finished off a fat joint.

The Rangers come back, win the game 8-6 and i have been deathly terrified of her since
Geesh...I remember that game.....one of the most exciting I watched on my 10 ft satellite dish up here in Canada . The good old days of C-Band broadcasts and Black market viewing .

Reactions: egelband

leetch99

Leetch66 Joined 2007
Oct 5, 2017
PEI Canada
My GF's cousin is a HUGE habs fan... when I met him a few months ago while in MTL we were verbally sparring all night... & of course last night the texts just kept coming from him.

His tears are more than worth all I had to put up with.
I never sent one text or made one call to a Hab fan....I got caught on that in that loss a few years ago and learned my lesson . Never gloat on a Ranger game until it is OVER !!!

Reactions: wafflepadsave

GoAwayPanarin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 27, 2008
In High Altitoad
This is a weird ass team to watch.

The defensive system (really the system all around) is a f***ing gong show, They have an average age of like 2, the goaltending hasn't been very good and the depth is meh.

That said, I'll take watching this years team over last years team every day of the week. At least the foundational pieces are coming into focus where as at the end of last season it was Zibanejad and a bunch of maybes and what ifs.

Reactions: I Eat Crow

leetch99

Leetch66 Joined 2007
Oct 5, 2017
PEI Canada

The defensive system (really the system all around) is a ****ing gong show, They have an average age of like 2, the goaltending hasn't been very good and the depth is meh.

That said, I'll take watching this years team over last years team every day of the week. At least the foundational pieces are coming into focus where as at the end of last season it was Zibanejad and a bunch of maybes and what ifs.
Good chance that at least 50% of last nights roster won't be here in 2 years time ...maybe more than 50 % ?

Reactions: Alexei Kovalev 27

Ola

Apr 10, 2004
Sweden
What a ready made 2nd pairing the Rangers already have in Fox-Lindgren!!! Two 21-year old rookies!

Yeah, pts wise we aren’t having a good year, but I think the ways the kids have come along is better than expected. Those two, but also Chytil and Kakko and just about all kids.

And it’s just not good talent taking natural steps, I think it shows that we have done a really good job with them during the off season too.

Leonardo87

New York Rangers, Anaheim Ducks, and TMNT fan.
Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York

1AA37376-0793-4A47-9E3B-CD29B4DF42F9.gif

Reactions: NYR

bobbop

Henrik & Pop
Sponsor
May 27, 2004
Now, Suburban Phoenix. Then, Long Island
On the penalty kill I noticed Fast really taking charge. He motioned Strome into position on one series and did something similar with Skeji a little later. Highly underrated player. A leader on the ice.

Watching the replay, I also liked a lot of what I saw from Trouba-Skeji. May in time be the true number one pair we so desperately need. Of course that leaves Hajek and Tony D on the third pair. Guess you have to give something to get something. Also speaks a little to how Trouba is really been carrying Hajek. I wish Rykov was ready for a spin.
If the Rangers decide to stay with Trouba-Skeji and Fox-Lindgren I could see Staal drawing back in at some point as Tony D’s partner. While they both can give you nightmares, DeAngelo played his best hockey last year when Staal was his partner. Staal’s exposure is lessened because of Tony’s power play time. Any news on Staal’s return?

NYR

Mar 1, 2002
LI
No one is having a tantrum. But Team A has a certain amount of points and Team B has a certain amount of points. You are what your record says you are.

Bro.. C'mon man.. You just love dancing around reality.
OTT is one of the worst teams in the league and yet they seem to be figuring things out.
Why can't the NYR?
Because DQ was an assistant coach in CO and was never offered a job since, other than in the College ranks?
That makes him qualified?

I guess I just have a little more faith in the players capabilities with a proper system in place than you.

Not sure what else to tell you..

usekakkorightquinn

Oct 18, 2019
I was split on Hertl before this year. However, now I'm greatly concerned with the amount of concussions Zibanejad has had. However, the San Jose GM might be delusional to think he can compete and that team can't. Period. My guess is they go for a Glass or Tippett in some sort of deal.

Machinehead

GoAwayTrouba
Jan 21, 2011
NYC

The defensive system (really the system all around) is a ****ing gong show, They have an average age of like 2, the goaltending hasn't been very good and the depth is meh.

And I'll take them both over 15-16. Holy f***.

We talk about players peaking; that year was the "peak" of Girardi, Staal, and AV.

I Eat Crow

Fear The Mullet
Jul 9, 2007
Shit, at least this team is fun. They'll score a lot of goals but give up just as many if not more.

Once Staal and Smith are put to pasture in a year and a half we'll have a better idea of what the Rangers have in the system and who's part of the core moving forward and who isn't.

I still have a suspicion that Skjei or DeAngelo get dealt for help up front at some point.

Larrybiv

We're CLEAN, we PROMISE!
May 14, 2013
South Florida
Disagree on Brady he was active and was moving pretty good
Yeah, I saw Brady's nice rush or 2.......but I happened to focus on him (more than usual) and he was not only "clumsy" but at times seemed overmatched and didn't know what to do with the puck or basically panicked. And I am a Skeji advocate. I want better play from him, dont want him to be a HF scapegoat.

Larrybiv

We're CLEAN, we PROMISE!
May 14, 2013
South Florida
Vally might have said it best on the post game show. Is it possible Georgiev was thinking holy crap here it goes again---given up multiple goals putting his team behind the 8 ball. Also thinking DQ is going to pull me and I know there's a kid in the minors everyone is waiting to see.

Then once he wasnt pulled ( 1 believe was DQ knows Hank doesn't play well in Montreal--for whatever odd reason it's his personsal house of horrors ) he gained a little confidence and said screw it ? Thought it was his game relaxed and played much better. In the end won a game it looked like he was going to lose.

Pressure of the unknown could be part of Georgiev psyche.
It was a nice vote of confidence, and pulling him there wouldn't have done ANYONE any good. Maybe expecially Hank.
Pull him and potentially it's a lose, lose, lose.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad