Post-Game Talk: 11/23/19 | #21 RANGERS @ habs

3 Stars of the Game

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

NYR

Mar 1, 2002
LI
Maybe we can get Babcock.....then watch the entire team quit on the "systems coach".
I have to ask what is it about Quinn that people hate so much? His systems? You realize that the entire league runs just about the same systems. You do realize this is the youngest team in the NHL.
I haven't heard a peep from the players about Quinn. So, what's the problem?

I wouldn't touch Babcock with a 10 foot pole and I really don't see what he has to do with Quinn anyway.

I have quite a few things that I dislike about DQ but in short..Yes, it's mostly systems or lack thereof.

Just step back a minute and look at last nights game.
If you look at the amount of energy and how hard this team works going north, you have to question why they don't put that same amount of effort in the opposite side of the rink.

Is it the players? I don't believe it is and I'm not buying the "it's young team" excuse.
It's because DQ isn't teaching defense.

He teaches one way only IMO and lives and dies with this garbage..If it works it works, if it doesn't it doesn't, nevermind adjusting to opposing coaches strategies.

It's all about the fundamentals and if you look at teams like OTT and the Fishsticks, they play very simple yet very effective brand of hockey with relatively thin rosters.

No reason why the NYR can't replicate that.

Reactions: leetch99

howztheglass

Jan 27, 2009
He stated he "thought" about pulling Georgie, but didnt want the crowd to get riled up.

Vally might have said it best on the post game show. Is it possible Georgiev was thinking holy crap here it goes again---given up multiple goals putting his team behind the 8 ball. Also thinking DQ is going to pull me and I know there's a kid in the minors everyone is waiting to see.

Then once he wasnt pulled ( 1 believe was DQ knows Hank doesn't play well in Montreal--for whatever odd reason it's his personsal house of horrors ) he gained a little confidence and said screw it ? Thought it was his game relaxed and played much better. In the end won a game it looked like he was going to lose.

Pressure of the unknown could be part of Georgiev psyche.

Reactions: Larrybiv

Hi ImHFNYR

Jan 10, 2013
Wherever I'm standing atm
I
I will say that that those in here who opposed us signing Panarin have been awfully quiet since the year started...wonder why...hmmm....lol

We got into it in the summer not bc I disagree with you but bc you kept saying incredibly dishonest stuff just like this in lieu of crafting an actual argument. At that time THIS EXACT POINT was addressed countless times in advance with you specifically and yet here you are acting like it never was.

The ONLY way this comment makes ANY sense is if people were saying that panarin sucks now and would play poorly the very first year he arrives like Richards. But NOBODY said this.

What people DID tell you DOZENS of times is how worried they were about THREE YEARS from now when we will likely be in our window to actually contend for a cup.

Nobody is surprised by panarin now. Everyone expected it, therefore no one is complaining. We already registered Ed our concerns in the off-season so it would not make sense for us to keep complaining about what might happen three years from now after everygame. That'd be incredibly stupid for us to do

Bc on TOP of telling you specifically about our worries three years from now we also told you repeatedly about the fact that we do hope he'll be one of the ones to play elite into his 30s. How we hope to never be right about him aging like most nhl players do. But how it is a FACT that the vast majority of nhlers age around now regardless of skill level

That was our point, it was clearly explained to you repeatedly, stop purposely misrepresenting conversations you had as if people can't go back and read what was actually said about panarin to you

Last edited:

Machinehead

GoAwayTrouba
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
I passed out only to wake up this morning and find out they won.

You can't make this **** up lol.

Not a fan of DQ as everyone knows but I am glad he decided to leave George in there to battle back after having shaky 1st and 2nd periods.
Now you're not allowed to watch until we lose.

Reactions: Rongomania

NYR

Mar 1, 2002
LI
Now you're not allowed to watch until we lose.

ms240bnxa3vy.jpg

Cag29

94! I’m ready for more! LGR!
Jul 18, 2018
Lemieux is honestly such a stud. He should be on that top line instead of Fast to start next game. He’s hot right now and he’s simply better. I hope we get him locked up to a 4+ year deal relatively cheap because he’s gonna be a 40+ point guy who provides a ton more than points. He’s the guy who energizes this team in these games.
When Mika is back:
Panarin. Strome. Fast
Kreider. Chytil. Buch
Lemieux. Mika. KK.
Gettt./Smith. Howden. Mckegg

Cag29

Jul 18, 2018
If they didn't get **** lucky and end up with Kakko I'd have been more opposed to the deal. Yeah another top 3 pick would have been sweet, but between Panarin, Kakko and Chytil that's three potentially elite forwards down the line. I'm not even touching on the defense that although young, has crazy upside.

It's too bad Kravtsov didn't pan out this season like everyone thought, but we already have too many young players on the team anyway. It's more disappointing because of all the hype that was associated with him more than anything
Mika is elite imho. So that’s 4. We need a few more Lemieux type players. Heart grit skill. And well be ready to start climbing the mountain.

I Eat Crow

Fear The Mullet
Jul 9, 2007
I was getting a massage during the Rangers-Tampa 9-3 blowout.

I was playing in a poker tournament last night and missed this beauty of a game. Broke even I guess. I can't believe the Rangers avenged that 6-5 comeback loss in Montreal years later.

I'm still so pissed off at all of the defensive breakdowns and overall horrid defensive play, but to shove this one into Carey Price and Montreal's faces feels so, so good.

Larrybiv

We're CLEAN, we PROMISE!
May 14, 2013
South Florida
IIRC, you and @nyr2k2 were speaking very highly of him since day 1.

I think Lindgren has earned a spot on this team for the remainder of the season.

Have a tendency to agree, but you just never know. Lots of things could happen.

1. God forbid he gets injured and in the meantime.....
2. Marc Staal comes back with a vengeance, and plays like its 2006.
3. His play falls off a cliff.
4. Joey Keane earning a call up "if #3" comes to fruition.
5. Gets traded with Kreider in a blockbuster trade for Keller.

With that said......I think there is no way he doesn't finish the season with us.

Reactions: CasusBelli

CasusBelli

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 6, 2017
Hoping he develops into the next Trouba, but honestly I think he is actually BETTER defensively. I am still NOT impressed with Trouba and all of that money he got. He needs to be better, leading the defense into being stout, lets many players get around him.
Definitely. I appreciate his physicality and sporadic offense, but he needs to do more, especially at $8m / season.

usekakkorightquinn

Oct 18, 2019
Mika is elite imho. So that’s 4. We need a few more Lemieux type players. Heart grit skill. And well be ready to start climbing the mountain.

That's not Kravtsov from what I can see. Stand by what I've said for a couple weeks now. I feel supremely confident that DeAngelo and Kravtsov will be packaged probably with a goalie for a Hertl or an effort to get a Glass or even Tippett. Just watching JD and the types of players his organization drafted. Kravtsov isn't it. Lundkvist right now is playing too good. So is Fox. Trouba is here for a while. DeAngelo is the odd man out.

Reactions: egelband

Cag29

Jul 18, 2018
That's not Kravtsov from what I can see. Stand by what I've said for a couple weeks now. I feel supremely confident that DeAngelo and Kravtsov will be packaged probably with a goalie for a Hertl or an effort to get a Glass or even Tippett. Just watching JD and the types of players his organization drafted. Kravtsov isn't it. Lundkvist right now is playing too good. So is Fox. Trouba is here for a while. DeAngelo is the odd man out.
You may be right. Is Hertl worth that package?

GoAwayPanarin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 27, 2008
In High Altitoad
Have a tendency to agree, but you just never know. Lots of things could happen.

1. God forbid he gets injured and in the meantime.....
2. Marc Staal comes back with a vengeance, and plays like its 2006.
3. His play falls off a cliff.
4. Joey Keane earning a call up "if #3" comes to fruition.
5. Gets traded with Kreider in a blockbuster trade for Keller.

With that said......I think there is no way he doesn't finish the season with us.

LOLOLOLOLOLOL

Reactions: Gresch04

pld459666

Feb 27, 2002
Danbury, CT
It's funny that they mentioned the last time the Rangers came back from a 4-0 hole.

In 91, I hadn't been married a year and I'm watching the Rangers lose to the Caps.

I'm yelling at the TV and my new bride tells me there is alot of time left in the game. I tell her the odds of a 4-0 comeback are slim to none and she asks if I want her to put the Malocchio on the caps.

Me being a Kraut/Mic halfbreed, I have no idea of what she is talking about and I do not believe in Guinea voodoo.

She laughs, puts her fingers to her temple, squints her eyes while focusing on the caps.

I see this and laugh. I'm a little buzzed as I just finished off a fat joint.

The Rangers come back, win the game 8-6 and i have been deathly terrified of her since

CasusBelli

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 6, 2017
Neither do I. For me, he resembles Torts in that work ethic type mentality and probably a decent motivator. As he seems to be more a psych teacher than a "system guy", like you stated. There needs to be better structure on the defensive end, but I basically blame Ruff for that, he simply ISN'T the guy to work with these kids. Kind of the flip end of when we had Sullivan as our PP coach and we absolutely sucked at it. I believe Ruff will be gone very soon, especially if our d continues to play this way. Too many open guys all over the place/missed assignments if you will.
That’s good. The head guy manages the games and team attitude / culture. The assistants focus on technique and development.

Reactions: egelband

Maximus

Dec 23, 2003
Doylestown, PA
That's not fair. You know darn well we will be eating years of his contract 4 or 5 years from now. I don't think anyone could possibly complain about his production in the prime of his life. He's one of the top forwards in the league and has been for a while now. The question is for how much longer when he is in his 30's.

I’m not really concerned about Breads anticipated production the back half of his contract...I’m really not. Let’s say he averages 80-85 points for us the first 4 years and tho some will presume his production will go down in his year 32 season till year 8 which would be the 2027-28 when Panarin would be 35 or 36, I’m not one of those who think it will seeing he has a lot less wear and tires of his than 99% of players his age due to so many fewer games played in the KHL.

But let’s for arguments sake say Panarin beginning in 2023 till his contract ends averages 65-70 points a year, by that time one would presume with all the kids we got now and still bringing in would now be peaking, the team will be bonafide Cup contenders and we’d have been in the playoffs for multiple years by than as well.

I guess what I’m saying is that I really don’t believe Panarins $11.6 million contract will be as much of an albatross as some would like to have you believe seeing the team should be playoff bound beginning next year, Cup contenders 3 years from now all at same time Breads productivity will still be at an elite level.

We’ll see and obviously no one has a crystal ball to predict the future but I’m confident that history will look kindly at Gortons decision this summer to have brought Panarin here especially when we all would have had looks of horror for the next 8 years seeing the f***ing Islanders would have had him rather than us.

Can you imagine how good the Phil’s would be with a Panarin? I mean shit, that team on the island is already getting me nervous that they’ll have a parade before we will again...thank the good lord Gorton swooped in and did what needed to be done to get a Panarin instead of the enemy...lol

KOVALEV022473

Feb 24, 2014
Tomkins Cove, NY
I missed that game, I believe that was back when I worked on weekends. I think Hollweg had one of his Hollweg moments and almost ruined it. Anyway, that game got lost in the shuffle after we blew that 5-0 lead.
I was so pissed, I left after the third goal, stormed out of the bell center, dropped my girlfriend off( now wife) and headed back to The Big Apple. I listened the whole drive home and realized want an immature bitch, and don’t take sports as seriously anymore. To cap the night off the Giants won the super bowl! All in all it turned out to be a great sports night, but not such a great look for me personally.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad