GDT: 11/13/2013 - Minnesota Wild vs Toronto Maple Leafs - 6:30 PM - FSN+/TSN

Status
Not open for further replies.

NHL1674

Whatever...
Sponsor
Aug 8, 2008
Minnesota
They didn't deserve 2 points for playing only 5-10 minutes tonight, but we'll take it. Passing sucked and no toughness. That win is for Backstrom!!! Hope he's able to get back soon. While I feel better with Harding, we need Backs. And he's had some bad luck with injuries. Though this wasn't bad luck tonight. This was because of a moron in a blue and white jersey. Glad Carlyle keeps his circus in the East.

Props to Hards to come in feeling under the weather and get it done. The rest of the guys....yuk.

Silly Yeo says Backs has an upper body injury. Really? Way to try and keep it a secret, coach!

mezcal

Wild Complacency
Feb 19, 2013
CA
They didn't deserve 2 points for playing only 5-10 minutes tonight, but we'll take it. Passing sucked and no toughness. That win is for Backstrom!!! Hope he's able to get back soon. While I feel better with Harding, we need Backs. And he's had some bad luck with injuries. Though this wasn't bad luck tonight. This was because of a moron in a blue and white jersey. Glad Carlyle keeps his circus in the East.

Props to Hards to come in feeling under the weather and get it done. The rest of the guys....yuk.

Silly Yeo says Backs has an upper body injury. Really? Way to try and keep it a secret, coach!

Asked if it was a head injury, Yeo nods and says "Yes, he has an upper body injury"

.....:laugh:

rynryn

Reluctant Optimist. Permanently Déclassé.
May 29, 2008
Minny

i think this must be frustration talking. we didn't play a great game but it WAS better than Toronto. They deserved to win less than us based on play alone.

Dee Oh Cee

Aug 4, 2010
Eagan
i think this must be frustration talking. we didn't play a great game but it WAS better than Toronto. They deserved to win less than us based on play alone.

Yes. Granted, our PP was awful. But we still deserved to win based on our play.

NHL1674

Whatever...
Sponsor
Aug 8, 2008
Minnesota
I will say that every Leafs' fan I've come across at the games over the years have been very nice, cool, and respectful. They're a good group with some bad apples....kind of like most other teams (us included.)

BigT2002

Dec 6, 2006
Somwhere
I will say that every Leafs' fan I've come across at the games over the years have been very nice, cool, and respectful. They're a good group with some bad apples....kind of like most other teams (us included.)

They were awesome tonight. Love their fans. Hate their team

Nithoniniel

Sep 7, 2012
Skövde, Sweden

Thank you! (I decided to take that very personally ;) )

Bad apples tend to make lots of noise, and Leafs have a lot of them unfortunately. I'm not sure how things work for you, but Leafs GDT is basically a mixture of posters driving their agendas for/against certain players to absurd lengths. And scapegoating. I actually almost prefer to talk with opponent fans during games.

WildFinn*

Their fans were great as always. Too bad our side couldn't keep up with them. Once again, we just boo their chant and stay quiet. It's sad.

41576_124427027612514_7032_n.jpg

canucks20

Oct 12, 2009
Man some of you guys are tough on your own team. I thought Minny played pretty good. Bernier made a lot of good saves tonight. One of the happier wins for me in a long time. Do I ever hate the leafs and Kadri.

WildFinn*

Man some of you guys are tough on your own team. I thought Minny played pretty good. Bernier made a lot of good saves tonight. One of the happier wins for me in a long time. Do I ever hate the leafs and Kadri.

We know they can be a lot better.

Engebretson

Thank you, sweet rabbit
Nov 4, 2010
Minnesota
I keep seeing some people (re: not Wild fans) blaming Granlund for having his head down on the Kadri hit, so I watched the replays again.

Can't help but wonder where Granlund's head is supposed to be looking if the puck is directly underneath him. Must be his fault though.

Mumbler*

I keep seeing some people (re: not Wild fans) blaming Granlund for having his head down on the Kadri hit, so I watched the replays again.

Can't help but wonder where Granlund's head is supposed to be looking if the puck is directly underneath him. Must be his fault though.

said this on the mainboard but...

Principal point of contact WAS NOT the head. No suspension and shouldn't have been booted. IMO.

I get it, people are pissed and rightfully so I thought the hit on Backs was intentional and cheap as well. This hit... eh... shoulder to chest, rode up on contact. That's a check.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad