GDT: 11/13/2013 - Minnesota Wild vs Toronto Maple Leafs - 6:30 PM - FSN+/TSN

Status
Not open for further replies.

mezcal

Wild Complacency
Feb 19, 2013
CA
I want Rupper back. We could use the toughness.

Seems to be overlooked, but yesterday they sent him to Iowa for conditioning. Sounds like he is close. I agree and would like to see him back as well.

Dee Oh Cee

Aug 4, 2010
Eagan
What does that have to do with anything? They played the worst team in the league plus it doesn't relate to his post.

Edit: Regarding Walton's post.

OpRedDawn*

And your ripping on the Wolves earlier.... they won by 30+ points without their #2 scorer.

I ripped the wolves because it's the NBA and it's the epitome of what is wrong with sports today.... Not sure where your comment is coming from

Nithoniniel

Sep 7, 2012
Skövde, Sweden
Congratulations on the win guys.

I'm amazed how good Harding was, considering the sickness. Been rooting for this guy for a long time, so it's great to see him seemingly take another step in his development.

I like to research teams in depth, but I admit I didn't see Fontaine becoming this good. He was very noticeable throughout the game. Where did he come from? Is his play a surprise or has his development been so steady over the years?

Pretty hard to discuss the game without the Kadri incidents. Having looked at them another time I hope Kadri gets a game or two for the Bäckström-run despite what it does to our center depth, that was really ugly. I'm still undecided on the Granlund hit though. I think if Granlund is upright that hit is fairly basic.

The one thing I do know is that whatever happens, whatever the results of this is, Granlund CAN'T skate around with his head down like that. He has the potential to be one of the most exciting players in the game, you don't want that ruined as a fan of NHL hockey. He is eligible to be hit with Leaf players nearby, he needs to worry about his safety first and puck whereabouts second. Thankfully he seemed ok.

Once again, congrats to the win and good luck in the future. You got so many guys I really like that the team is finding a place in my heart.

grN1g

Nov 11, 2009
Minnesota
Wild deserved to lose after going 0-5? or 6 on the PP and those atrocious entries on that 5 min pp, man.

glad we pulled 2 pts vs the east tho, very needed.

Soldier13Fox

jävlar anamma (f'ing embrace, get with it)
Sponsor
Oct 8, 2013
Coon Rapids
Harding . . . what is there to be said about Harding. Amazing.

Also, the guy interviewing Brodz is absolutely terrible.

rynryn

Reluctant Optimist. Permanently Déclassé.
May 29, 2008
Minny
we had way better opportunities than Toronto overall. deserve to lose because of the PP? that's just weird.

we deserved it because we played better. shooting was off...including a few opportunities on those PPs.

WildFinn*

Guys we can trade for to get toughness but also can play well? What does Florida have? Mitchell would have to go.

GopherState

Repeat Offender...
Aug 8, 2008
X Marks The Spot
Congratulations on the win guys.

I'm amazed how good Harding was, considering the sickness. Been rooting for this guy for a long time, so it's great to see him seemingly take another step in his development.

I like to research teams in depth, but I admit I didn't see Fontaine becoming this good. He was very noticeable throughout the game. Where did he come from? Is his play a surprise or has his development been so steady over the years?

Pretty hard to discuss the game without the Kadri incidents. Having looked at them another time I hope Kadri gets a game or two for the Bäckström-run despite what it does to our center depth, that was really ugly. I'm still undecided on the Granlund hit though. I think if Granlund is upright that hit is fairly basic.

The one thing I do know is that whatever happens, whatever the results of this is, Granlund CAN'T skate around with his head down like that. He has the potential to be one of the most exciting players in the game, you don't want that ruined as a fan of NHL hockey. He is eligible to be hit with Leaf players nearby, he needs to worry about his safety first and puck whereabouts second. Thankfully he seemed ok.

Once again, congrats to the win and good luck in the future. You got so many guys I really like that the team is finding a place in my heart.
Thanks.

rynryn

Reluctant Optimist. Permanently Déclassé.
May 29, 2008
Minny
part of it was coaching, i'm sure. as a general strategy it worked pretty well I'd say. execution by Kadri was terrible. but guys like Fraser and Phaneuf had it down pretty good.

edit: Kadri's antics i mean.

OpRedDawn*

I didn't get to re-look at when stoner went into the boards early in the first. Looked kinda slelw footy to me.

Later in the 3rd Scandy got hit up high and left for a bit, but again, stream so I couldn't look at it good.

There was that really late hit on Nino, then he gets mugged and tackled for standing up for himself. Fraser dropped his gloves too, yet somehow that was evened up

They hate that other late in Pommers in the same spot as nino, thankfully that was called.

That team is lucky they play in the east and will be gifted a playoff spot

Dee Oh Cee

Aug 4, 2010
Eagan
The league has the responsibility to deter these types of hits via suspensions. We gain nothing by retaliation and the such.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad