GDT: 11/13/2013 - Minnesota Wild vs Toronto Maple Leafs - 6:30 PM - FSN+/TSN

Status
Not open for further replies.

NHL1674

Whatever...
Sponsor
Aug 8, 2008
Minnesota
BTW, FSN sucks in regards to re-airing the Wild game tonight. Yes, they have to cut it down to 2 hours due to time constraints. But they cut out the biggest stories of the game. No hit to Backstrom or Granlund. Complete hack job on their part.

Lapa

Global Moderator
Feb 21, 2010
Anyone else loving Nino's agitative side to his game? He seems to be chirping to opponents in every shift and they seem to target him after that :laugh:

Jarick

Doing Nothing
I dunno if it was because I started drinking early, but the game was pretty boring. Wild had crap chances, took bad shots, couldn't do anything on the PP, etc. Hate to see Backstrom and Granlund get run.

You know, I'm okay with not retaliating, because in theory you'd rather score on the PP. But the Wild can't score on the PP. It's a big problem.

They need to make some personnel changes up front. Keep the top two lines together and get some speed and transition on the PP. They aren't doing anything in the zone, so might as well try and work the puck more up and down the ice and score off transition.

Engebretson

Thank you, sweet rabbit
Nov 4, 2010
Minnesota
but he wasn't hit in the head. he was hit in the chest. principal point of contact. Doesn't matter cause the pucks there. grandingle takes a hit to the chest. problem? :dunno:

Not sure what you're getting at here because my argument was about how Granlund should not take the blame for having his head down. I don't think the hit on him was bad, I was just going after the people who were saying he should've had his head up.

If Kadri didn't run Backs earlier in the game, we wouldn't even be talking about this hit.

Ladde

Apr 28, 2012
Honestly we need a different point man than Suter on the PP. He has great vision and can pass it well but his shot is pretty meh and rarely gets to the net if he even decides to shoot.

jedisports

Jul 4, 2012
So glad we found a way to win last night and I smile looking at where we're sitting in the standings. We are doing this in the western conference, too, which has to be noted. We can't let up, though. Our goal is not just getting into the playoffs this season... it is to get past the first round of the playoffs (at the very least) so if that's going to happen, we have to get a good seed. 7th or 8th will not get it done. We have to keep playing each game like it's our last.

StealthClobber

A Digital Frontier.
Feb 7, 2013
Minnetonka, MN
Nice highlights NHL.com! They don't show either hit from Kadri on the main highlights, and on the hits videos on the side, they don't show up there either. :shakehead

Avder

The Very Weedcat
Jun 2, 2011
A place.
Found this on the Montreal board. If the Leafs' assistant coach really said that, then it really makes ya wonder. :shakehead

That bit about bountygate got my blood boiling.

Like I said last night, it's too bad Carlyle doen't stand closer to the ice so we can check him directly.

Friggin goon coach. He's got the Leafs running around like the Nucks.

Dr Jan Itor

Dec 10, 2009
MinneSNOWta
I dunno if it was because I started drinking early, but the game was pretty boring. Wild had crap chances, took bad shots, couldn't do anything on the PP, etc. Hate to see Backstrom and Granlund get run.

You know, I'm okay with not retaliating, because in theory you'd rather score on the PP. But the Wild can't score on the PP. It's a big problem.

They need to make some personnel changes up front. Keep the top two lines together and get some speed and transition on the PP. They aren't doing anything in the zone, so might as well try and work the puck more up and down the ice and score off transition.

I'd rather them just start the #2 unit at the beginning. Maybe if the 1st unit gets out there with only 40ish seconds left, they'd play with some urgency.

Jongdo

Oct 23, 2013
Russo say that the biggest reason why Granlund isn't on the #1 unit is because he can't take draws..

BusQuets

Jul 16, 2010
Russo say that the biggest reason why Granlund isn't on the #1 unit is because he can't take draws..

That's actually one of the most silliest reasons i have heard. I guess that means we should have Konopka on the 2nd pp? Also for example ducks and carolina need to get Getzlaf and Staal out of their 1st pp.

Loopy0ne

ugg
Jul 4, 2011
Konopka got a broken nose from an elbow (lots of those last night :shakehead) and Grangiggy might be fine.... or not. Russo says he isn't at the optional practice, but, only 14 players are.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad