Parise - Koivu - Coyle
Nino - Granlund - Pominville
Cooke - Brodziak - Fontaine
Heatley - Konopka - Mitchell

Suter - Brodin
Scandella - Spurgeon
Stoner - Prosser

Backstrom

Toronto Maple Leafs (11-6-0, 4th in Atlantic)

Lupul - JVR - Kessel
Raymond - Kadri - Clarkson
Bodie - McClement - Kulemin
McLaren - Smithson - Ashton

Gunnarsson - Phaneuf
Reilly - Franson
Gardiner - Ranger

Bernier

TZM

Par too easy
Mar 25, 2012
Kerava
Well, what do you expect? The Wild fans are rioting. Game 12 champions, oh yeah!

GopherState

Repeat Offender...
Aug 8, 2008
X Marks The Spot
Was waiting until noon so everyone is lucky Jarick beat whatever lazy ass thing I would have put up.

Just a friendly reminder, it's on the minus tonight.

This has to be the only market where a game against the flagship NHL franchise (English Canada edition) is viewed as less than one against the Cavaliers. The Wolves game even starts later. Is it arrogance on our end where Minnesota hockey > the rest of the league or disrespect?

Lapa

Global Moderator
Feb 21, 2010
I played NHL14 tonight with the Wild. I won 3-1. 2+1 Parise, 1+1 Koivu.

You heard it here first.

Engebretson

Thank you, sweet rabbit
Nov 4, 2010
Minnesota
This has to be the only market where a game against the flagship NHL franchise (English Canada edition) is viewed as less than one against the Cavaliers. The Wolves game even starts later. Is it arrogance on our end where Minnesota hockey > the rest of the league or disrespect?

Barriero must've had a listener call him out on his NBA vs. NHL coverage last night on his show. He defended himself saying that the Wolves should be better this year and there is buzz because of it and because of that buzz, he should be covering the Wolves more. I don't think he understands how little attention he gives to hockey in general, which is the issue I have with him as well.

To answer your question, it is an indictment of our market that a NBA team that is just starting to gather buzz regularly trumps a NHL team that made the playoffs last year in regards to their media coverage. Can't help but see that as a certain degree of disrespect to the Wild, specifically.

Eh...hockey's a niche sport. I get it. I'd rather be one of the few who enjoys something great than screw up the sport to try and appease the masses.

This was basically Barriero's argument. There are so many HS Hockey fans, College Hockey fans, and NHL Hockey fans that it would difficult to please everybody.

Last edited:

Jarick

Doing Nothing
Barriero must've had a listener call him out on his NBA vs. NHL coverage last night on his show. He defended himself saying that the Wolves should be better this year and there is buzz because of it and because of that buzz, he should be covering the Wolves more. I don't think he understands how little attention he gives to hockey in general, which is the issue I have with him as well.

To answer your question, it is an indictment of our market that a NBA team that is just starting to gather buzz regularly trumps a NHL team that made the playoffs last year in regards to their media coverage. Can't help but see that as a certain degree of disrespect to the Wild, specifically.

This was basically Barriero's argument. There are so many HS Hockey fans, College Hockey fans, and NHL Hockey fans that it would difficult to please everybody.

I was flipping through and heard that yesterday. I get it. There's a change in demographics in the cities over the last 20-30 years and obviously losing the North Stars hurt momentum. I don't quite buy the "fragmented" argument so much as just the Wild hasn't established itself yet.

But then I shut it off because, as he often does, Barreiro was just driving the argument into the ground. You made your point, get off it and move on already.

OpRedDawn*

stupid fsn+ UGH

how the **** can people watch the wolves.... especially on tv. sheeple

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad