GDT: 11/11/14 "We're Gonna Need A Bigger Goalie" - Sharks VS Panthers

Status
Not open for further replies.

spacemanatee

May 18, 2014
Like I said before the game, I don't think that was a weird decision at all. Barkov can't do it all by himself, JJ/Boyes don't have the grit and hustle to get control of the puck like Kopecky/Upshall (when they're on) do.

so.. you think it's perfectly normal that flash scored his first in ages on a perfect set up from thornton? ;)

Haj

#CatsAreComing
Apr 6, 2003
Arlington, VA
Robak was surprisingly good. Huberdeau was surprisingly gritty.

The whole team played well. Outside of getting lucky with SJ hitting the posts in the last couple minutes of the 2nd and some sloppy defensive zone turnovers the team played really well. I can't remember the last time I watched the Panthers play a game like this. I was shocked for the entire game, in a good way.

IM Clutcm

Jun 20, 2014
Miami, FL
When Pirri is back, I'd like to see Pirri-Barkov-Upshall/Kopecky. Kopecky and Upshall are great grinders, but Barkov has never played with a true sniper on his line. I think putting a guy who can truly score from just about anywhere on the ice would do wonders for his confidence. Upshall and Kopecky can play the gritty game and go get the puck while Barkov and Pirri make magic.

EnforceTheLaus

In the Year of Our Hatter
Nov 3, 2013
So 8 goals in the last 2 games. Seemed absurd a few games ago :laugh:

Shoutout to Lu handing out a couple blocker punches to Hertl :laugh:

Aksu

all hail Barky
Nov 10, 2013
Florida
When Pirri is back, I'd like to see Pirri-Barkov-Upshall/Kopecky. Kopecky and Upshall are great grinders, but Barkov has never played with a true sniper on his line. I think putting a guy who can truly score from just about anywhere on the ice would do wonders for his confidence. Upshall and Kopecky can play the gritty game and go get the puck while Barkov and Pirri make magic.

Pirri - barky - sidney upshall Could do some real damage. Would love to see them together.

spacemanatee

May 18, 2014
Pirri - barky - sidney upshall Could do some real damage. Would love to see them together.

yupp agree. this is what i've been saying for a while now. perhaps they should slot kopecky with bjugs & hubey? dunno why, but mabye he's some sort of lucky charm. :handclap:

PanthersHockey1

South by Southeast
Mar 11, 2010
Palm Trees
Fun game to be at last night. Thought san jose slept most of the night. They had a couple of really good chances early that really couldve altered the outcome of the game.

Trocheck looks like a stud out there. Incredible setups.

Aaron Ekblad. The kid is phenomenal.

IM Clutcm

Jun 20, 2014
Miami, FL
yupp agree. this is what i've been saying for a while now. perhaps they should slot kopecky with bjugs & hubey? dunno why, but mabye he's some sort of lucky charm. :handclap:

They've gotta do something with Fleischmann and Bergenheim, maybe Upshall. Hayes deserves a spot, and Pirri obviously does as well. Robak has shown he can play forward when needed so he can be the extra. Without adding new players in trades, this is what I'd like to see...

Pirri-Barkov-Upshall
Huberdeau-Bjugstad-Hayes
Jokinen-Bolland/Trocheck-Boyes
Kopecky-MacKenzie-Thornton

Mitchell-Kulikov
Campbell-Ekblad
Olsen-Gudbranson

Robak as the extra.

spacemanatee

May 18, 2014
They've gotta do something with Fleischmann and Bergenheim, maybe Upshall. Hayes deserves a spot, and Pirri obviously does as well. Robak has shown he can play forward when needed so he can be the extra. Without adding new players in trades, this is what I'd like to see...

Pirri-Barkov-Upshall
Huberdeau-Bjugstad-Hayes
Jokinen-Bolland/Trocheck-Boyes
Kopecky-MacKenzie-Thornton

Mitchell-Kulikov
Campbell-Ekblad
Olsen-Gudbranson

Robak as the extra.

yeah that looks great! the tricky part is to make a line-up with all our guys healthy. slotting flash & bergy somewhere, fitting pirri in somehow. "luckily" we rarely has a totally healthy team ;)
are we getting any guys back til the game against NYI?

Aksu

all hail Barky
Nov 10, 2013
Florida
Just realized that Trocheck has played 24 games in the nhl so he'll probably be sent back to the ahl before friday so that he wouldnt have to go through waivers. When pirri and bolland come back we'll have a logjam on forwards with SA guys waiting to breakout to the big league, so tallon will most likely trade a guy or two in a package to hopefully get either a proven scorer or buffs/carolinas/edm's 1st so we could get our McScorer ;)

IM Clutcm

Jun 20, 2014
Miami, FL
yeah that looks great! the tricky part is to make a line-up with all our guys healthy. slotting flash & bergy somewhere, fitting pirri in somehow. "luckily" we rarely has a totally healthy team ;)
are we getting any guys back til the game against NYI?

I thought I heard that Bergenheim will be back back for that game, but I'm not positive. He took part in the morning skate yesterday so he's probably pretty close. Bolland has to be coming back soon, and I read he'll be travelling on the West Coast trip. Hopefully Pirri isn't too far behind those guys.

Just realized that Trocheck has played 24 games in the nhl so he'll probably be sent back to the ahl before friday so that he wouldnt have to go through waivers. When pirri and bolland come back we'll have a logjam on forwards with SA guys waiting to breakout to the big league, so tallon will most likely trade a guy or two in a package to hopefully get either a proven scorer or buffs/carolinas/edm's 1st so we could get our McScorer ;)

If only...

EnforceTheLaus

In the Year of Our Hatter
Nov 3, 2013
@JamesonCoop: Brandon Pirri skated today for 30 min. Will skate again tomorrow for another 30. Gallant doesn't know if he'll make road trip yet.

Good news is Pirri is skating so he should be close.

spacemanatee

May 18, 2014
@JamesonCoop: Brandon Pirri skated today for 30 min. Will skate again tomorrow for another 30. Gallant doesn't know if he'll make road trip yet.

Good news is Pirri is skating so he should be close.

yeah i don't really care if bergy & bolland is back or not. it's pirri we need in the line-up.
jimmy hayes keeps racking up points somehow. i'm not so impressed by his play but somehow he keeps gettin those points which is sort of rare for us. this is why he needs to stay in the line-up.

ShootIt

Nov 8, 2008
yeah i don't really care if bergy & bolland is back or not. it's pirri we need in the line-up.
jimmy hayes keeps racking up points somehow. i'm not so impressed by his play but somehow he keeps gettin those points which is sort of rare for us. this is why he needs to stay in the line-up.

He hustles on the ice, and is getting rewarded.

ucanthanzalthetruth

#CatsAreCooked
Jul 13, 2013
IMO Robak had a decent night after the 1st period, which I'll let slide.

Could he be the next Montador? 4th line/3rd pairing guy that is decent enough to stay in the NHL?

Am thinking more of a joel kwiatkowski, because I think he'll still end up in Europe for most of his career.

Ugh if they only beat Calgary.

Who is sitting Friday with Bergy coming back? Trocheck? Doesn't seem fair.

spacemanatee

May 18, 2014
so..
bergy - barkov - upshall
hubey - bjugstad - boyes
flash - jokinen - hayes
kopecky - mackenzie - thornton

..on friday?

Boothinator

@MrBoothinator
Sep 19, 2009

I dont think the limit is at 24 games?

ucanthanzalthetruth

#CatsAreCooked
Jul 13, 2013
I'm pretty sure 25 games removes his rookie status and has no effect on waivers, could've sworn waiver eligibility starts at like 80 games.

ucanthanzalthetruth

#CatsAreCooked
Jul 13, 2013
^ Yeah I capgeeked it, it has a waiver calculator:

Vincent Trocheck's waiver exemption of 4 year(s) and 160 games remains in place through to the end of the 2015-16 season. However, that exemption will end immediately when he appears in 160 career NHL regular season and playoff game(s). He has played in 24, meaning he is 136 away from his exemption ending.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad