GDT: 11/11/14 "We're Gonna Need A Bigger Goalie" - Sharks VS Panthers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Panthers Rock

Rebuild 10.0
Apr 17, 2006
Winter Springs, FL
990X100_WhiteFPHC_Banner_Aug6.jpg

Your Florida Panthers take on the San Jose Sharks! Game time at 7:30pm EST live from BB&T Center!

TV: Live on FSN Florida and Center Ice.
Radio: Listen Live on 560 WQAM

:sharks

VS

:panthers

[fieldset=Standings]

Link To Current NHL Standings
Florida:
Wins | Losses | OTL/SOL | Total Points
4 |4 |4 |12

San Jose:
Wins | Losses | OTL/SOL | Total Points
8|5|2|18
[/fieldset]

[fieldset=Injuries]
San Jose:
Player | Date Of Incident | Status |Injury
R. Torres, LW| Oct 7, 2014 |IR| Knee
M. Brown, RW| Oct 14, 2014 |IR| Hand

Florida:
Player | Date Of Incident | Status |Injury
D. Bolland, C| Oct 18, 2014 |IR| Lower-body injury
B. Pirri, C |Oct 31, 2014| IR |Concussion
S. Bergenheim, LW| Oct 31, 2014| day-to-day |Lower-body injury
D. Kulikov, D| Nov 8, 2014|out|Lower-body injury
[/fieldset]

[fieldset=Line Combinations (Subject To Change)]
San Jose:
LW |C| RW
Matthew Nieto|Joe Thornton|Joe Pavelski
Patrick Marleau|Logan Couture|Tommy Wingels
Tomas Hertl|James Sheppard |Tyler Kennedy
Tye McGinn|Andrew Desjardins |Adam Burish

LD|RD
Marc-Edouard Vlasic|Justin Braun
Mirco Mueller|Brent Burns
Matt Irwin|Jason Demers

Florida:
LW| C |RW
Tomas Kopecky|Aleksander Barkov|Scottie Upshall
Jonathan Huberdeau|Nick Bjugstad|Brad Boyes
Jussi Jokinen|Vincent Trocheck|Jimmy Hayes
Tomas Fleischmann|Derek MacKenzie|Shawn Thornton

LD|RD
Willie Mitchell|Aaron Ekblad
Brian Campbell|Colby Robak
Dylan Olsen|Erik Gudbranson
[/fieldset]

[fieldset=Expected Starting Goaltenders]
San Jose:
PlayerHeadshot

Antti Niemi
GP | W | L | OTL | GAA | SV% | SO
10|6|3|1| 2.55| .918|1

VS.

Florida:
i

Roberto Luongo
GP | W | L | OTL | GAA | SV% | SO
10|4|3|3| 2.31| .925|1
[/fieldset]

[fieldset=Special Teams]
San Jose:
PP%|PP Rank|PK%|PK Rank
26.0%|4th|80.4%|15th

Florida:
PP%|PP Rank|PK%|PK Rank
14.3%|22nd|76.9%|24th(tied)
[/fieldset]

[fieldset=Red Hot: Cat Of The Night]
Scottie+Upshall+vbP1yFhi5CCm.jpg

Scottie Upshall is coming off a game where he had 2 goals and a assist in a strong but losing effort.​
[/fieldset]

Last Game VS. Sharks

Last Game Played

201403182245819049982-p2.jpeg

LET'S GO PANTHERS!!!!!!!!!!
:yo::wave::fight::hit:

Last edited:

barkovcanfinnish

remember to breathe
Sep 22, 2014
Chicago, IL
Haven't seen Jaws in a while :laugh:

I expect a strong bounce-back after the dissapointing game against Calgary. (Personally, I'd love to see a Gudbranson-Thornton fight)

batting1k

Mar 3, 2013
Elliotte Friedman ‏@FriedgeHNIC 16s16 seconds ago
No official news yet, but word is MRI on Kulikov (FLA) indicated damage not severe. Good news for him and team.

Grimaldi sent down so Pirri likely to return. Kulikov probably a no-go so Robak will probably be in.

FlaPnthrsPunk

Apr 17, 2006
Coral Springs, FL
I know we're all doom and gloom after yesterday's heart breaker and if you're also a Dolphins fan, it didn't get much better today. For some reason, I think with Luongo back in goal and players pissed off about yesterday's loss that the Panthers come out playing a good game with intensity. Sure, it's going to be a tough one as the Sharks are never a slouch, but you never know with this wishy-washy team. Maybe even Flash will come back from being benched and will score (A guy can dream...).

Also, I might as well bring up, through 12 games last season, we were 3-7-2 at this point. I know 4-4-4 isn't a ton better, but it's baby steps. We've only had two big losses thus far.

Last edited:

Boothinator

@MrBoothinator
Sep 19, 2009
I know we're all doom and gloom after yesterday's heart breaker and if you're also a Dolphins fan, it didn't get much better today. For some reason, I think with Luongo back in goal and players pissed off about yesterday's loss that the Panthers come out playing a good game with intensity. Sure, it's going to be a tough one as the Sharks are never a slouch, but you never know with this wishy-washy team. Maybe even Flash will come back from being benched and will score (A guy can dream...).

Also, I might as well bring up, through 12 games last season, we were 3-7-2 at this point. I know 4-4-4 isn't a ton better, but it's baby steps. We've only had two big losses thus far.

We have shown before that we somehow can beat the Sharks. If we can beat a team of the BIG 3 from California then it is San Jose.

Pirri should give us huge boost when he returns.

Hopefully someone can take Kulis spot and step up to it. Brian Campbell has to be better as well!

IM Clutcm

Jun 20, 2014
Miami, FL

Great point. This team isn't going to go from worst to first in one season. The team will inevitably experience growing pains. One step at a time.

Howboutthempanthers

Thread killer.
Sponsor
Sep 11, 2012
Brow. County, Fl.
I think everyone knows my stance. Play better defense and I'll be happy. Go back to the defense they played at the start of the season. After that the offense will come eventually.

Love the "Jaws" reference by the way. :)

Mogo

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 26, 2002
Grimaldi sent down so Pirri likely to return. Kulikov probably a no-go so Robak will probably be in.

Why do you think it's Pirri? Wouldnt they sent Trochek a center down then?

pb1300

#CatsAreComing
Mar 6, 2002
Αιγιο-ΕΛΛΑΔΑ

Im just glad that the UM-FSU game wasnt this past Saturday, because it would have surely been a loss for the Canes. Hopefully this can be a good week for South Florida sports, culminating with a Canes upset Saturday night!!

Big Bjugs

Amat Victoria Curam
Jan 9, 2013
Canada Eh
Ugh, another team that scores a lot. This should be lovely.

Here's an idea. Stop watching if you can't take it.

I agree with Howboutthempanthers, stick to playing D and grind it out. I can handle 2-1 games, especially if we're winning. I really hope Barkov starts turning it around.

ucanthanzalthetruth

#CatsAreCooked
Jul 13, 2013
Per roto: Brandon Pirri (concussion) says he is feeling better.
Pirri was placed on the injured list on October 30th after he sustained a concussion in a game against Arizona. Pirri said he feels better and has amped up his cardio workouts. Nov 9 - 9:35 AM

With grimaldi being sent down, and Bergenheim not being placed on IR, I think it's safe to assume Pirri is back for this one.

Android 16

Jun 23, 2011
Florida
It'd be nice if Pirri is healthy enough to get in this one. He was one of the main parts of the last win against SJ. Pirri + Luongo got us that W.

EnforceTheLaus

In the Year of Our Hatter
Nov 3, 2013
Per roto: Brandon Pirri (concussion) says he is feeling better.
Pirri was placed on the injured list on October 30th after he sustained a concussion in a game against Arizona. Pirri said he feels better and has amped up his cardio workouts. Nov 9 - 9:35 AM

With grimaldi being sent down, and Bergenheim not being placed on IR, I think it's safe to assume Pirri is back for this one.

Bueno..Now where does he slot in:laugh:

jrockett1096

Aug 2, 2005
Miami
www.miamiestatebuyers.com
He's our sniper, as sad as that is. I do look forward to him coming back.

Yeah it's amazing that a guy who i think was a 2nd round pick I think 4 or 5 years ago and was acquired by us with a 3rd and 5th round pick is now the sniper and savior of the team to score some goals and the lottery studs don't even know basically how to shoot a puck yet on net.

Hopefully Pirri gives us a boost and picks a corner with that awesome wrist shot of his. It will be interesting when everybody gets back who he plays with and at what position. I think its nuts not to keep him at center but that's only my opinion.

IM Clutcm

Jun 20, 2014
Miami, FL
George Richards said that Mitchell and Ekblad are paired together and Campbell is paired with Robak. Also said that Bergenheim and Bolland skated before practice but Pirri did not.

IM Clutcm

Jun 20, 2014
Miami, FL
George Richards @GeorgeRichards · 15m 15 minutes ago
#FlaPanthers top line right now: Kopecky-Barkov-Upshall ... 2nd line: Huberdeau-Bjugstad-Boyes; 3rd: Jokinen-Trocheck-Hayes

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad