GDT: 11/11/14 "We're Gonna Need A Bigger Goalie" - Sharks VS Panthers

Status
Not open for further replies.

GrumpyKelly

May 15, 2011
Bottom of a bottle
but wait, shore is, isn't he? and he's only played 67 games

it also depends on the years since he signed his pro contract, that's why Shore is

edit>: it seems the number of games has changed in the new CBA... Shore can only play two more games. But his waiwer exempt will end anyway at the end of this year.

MillarWithASave

#CatsAreComing
Dec 12, 2011
Melbourne, FL
I hope Trocheck stays up to be honest, he has been one of the best players on the ice night in and night out. It will take him a little while to start scoring more, but as long as he brings that energy to the ice and starts crashing the net the goals and assists will come.

I am not exposed

Mar 16, 2014
Vancouver
I hope Trocheck stays up to be honest, he has been one of the best players on the ice night in and night out. It will take him a little while to start scoring more, but as long as he brings that energy to the ice and starts crashing the net the goals and assists will come.

That assist for Hayes was a great play.

EnforceTheLaus

In the Year of Our Hatter
Nov 3, 2013
We have a lot of depth finally. At least 3 guys in SA that can be full timers, and a bunch who can fill in short stints.

Team still is heavy a FWD or two so guys like Hayes are regulars.

spacemanatee

May 18, 2014

he's had what, 2 points in 4 games? that's totally alright by me. and i agree, he's been impressive as hell and plays a good game with speed and skill.

Aksu

all hail Barky
Nov 10, 2013
Florida
^ Yeah I capgeeked it, it has a waiver calculator:

Vincent Trocheck's waiver exemption of 4 year(s) and 160 games remains in place through to the end of the 2015-16 season. However, that exemption will end immediately when he appears in 160 career NHL regular season and playoff game(s). He has played in 24, meaning he is 136 away from his exemption ending.

Ooh okay. My bad then. Ive always thought its like 25games :laugh: mybad

ShootIt

Nov 8, 2008
team still needs to turn some of this depth into actual elite talent

Premature, but I think Ekblad has the best shot at turning elite.

Still think Barkov then is the 2nd most likely guy to reach that.

Then I think someone like Bjugstad can be a great player(just below elite).

FrolikFan67

Apr 29, 2012
love how kopecky is actually playing well this season. sucked his 1st year, great the following, sucked last year, great so far now. i see a pattern lol really anxious for bergy and pirri to get back in the lineup, 2 of our most important players. man, I'm sure bolland will be a serviceable player for us, but boy do i wish he was a free agent next year. whether we were to keep pirri at center or have trocheck take that spot, i'd be more happy with someone else in that 3rd line center spot. anxious for him to come back to, he has a lot to prove, curious to see how the rest of his season plays out.

adam graves

Panther 20 yr sth
Feb 24, 2010
south florida
love how kopecky is actually playing well this season. sucked his 1st year, great the following, sucked last year, great so far now. i see a pattern lol really anxious for bergy and pirri to get back in the lineup, 2 of our most important players. man, I'm sure bolland will be a serviceable player for us, but boy do i wish he was a free agent next year. whether we were to keep pirri at center or have trocheck take that spot, i'd be more happy with someone else in that 3rd line center spot. anxious for him to come back to, he has a lot to prove, curious to see how the rest of his season plays out.

He's a role player, 4th line grinder. They only flourish on a good team. On a bad one they get pushed to do things outside theyre skill set.

Bjuggernaut

Oct 2, 2014
Great game by the panthers. Everyone, except maybe Campbell, looked good. Campbell, for the most part, is still playing without any passion for the game. Probably our worst D so far this year, and I'm not saying he's been all that horrible, just not as good as others. Wish we could clone Mitchell to have him permanently paired with Ekblad and Kuli. I was against him getting the captaincy at the beginning, but I take all that back. Really has been our best signing.

I've been to 3 home games so far this season, and the attendance hasn't been great, but the atmosphere this year really does feel much better. The crowd has been great. Can't wait for the playoffs and sell-out crowds!

IM Clutcm

Jun 20, 2014
Miami, FL
Great game by the panthers. Everyone, except maybe Campbell, looked good. Campbell, for the most part, is still playing without any passion for the game. Probably our worst D so far this year, and I'm not saying he's been all that horrible, just not as good as others. Wish we could clone Mitchell to have him permanently paired with Ekblad and Kuli. I was against him getting the captaincy at the beginning, but I take all that back. Really has been our best signing.

I've been to 3 home games so far this season, and the attendance hasn't been great, but the atmosphere this year really does feel much better. The crowd has been great. Can't wait for the playoffs and sell-out crowds!

I've noticed this as well. You can tell everyone who is there really wants to be there, and it gets pretty loud for the amount of people in the arena. It's a lot more fun than last year.

PBPantherfan

Feb 7, 2010
Lake Worth, FL
I agree Trocheck, Grimaldi, Shore all seem capable of playing in the NHL. But for the first time since I've been a fan there is actual talent pushing the guys in the NHL. I'd like to keep it that way. Trade off Flash, Bergy, etc then you don't have that push coming from below. Not to mention the guys below know they have to fight for a spot. This team has decent depth for the first time ever and people want to trade it off.

Drugs Delaney

Peace be with you.
Jan 31, 2013
Colorado
I agree Trocheck, Grimaldi, Shore all seem capable of playing in the NHL. But for the first time since I've been a fan there is actual talent pushing the guys in the NHL. I'd like to keep it that way. Trade off Flash, Bergy, etc then you don't have that push coming from below. Not to mention the guys below know they have to fight for a spot. This team has decent depth for the first time ever and people want to trade it off.

The dead weight will likely be cut before next season. Expiring contracts. Thank the lord! The Fleichmans, Kopeckys and such should bother us no more. I can wait.

Howboutthempanthers

Thread killer.
Sponsor
Sep 11, 2012
Brow. County, Fl.
I agree. I think that was the point of Tallon going out and signing those guys. It's what every team tries to achieve, have good depth. Every fanbase cries for it, and we're trying to trade it away?

Chino Oscar

Jul 22, 2002
West Palm Beach
Just realized that Trocheck has played 24 games in the nhl so he'll probably be sent back to the ahl before friday so that he wouldnt have to go through waivers. When pirri and bolland come back we'll have a logjam on forwards with SA guys waiting to breakout to the big league, so tallon will most likely trade a guy or two in a package to hopefully get either a proven scorer or buffs/carolinas/edm's 1st so we could get our McScorer ;)

That's how I know we are fanATICS... there is no way in ****ing hell they will trade their No 1 pick this year... just NO WAY

Drugs Delaney

Peace be with you.
Jan 31, 2013
Colorado
He shouldn't be bothering you at all right now, he's been one of the hardest working players on the ice and it shows.

He's okay. The entire team is okay. I don't see him as part of this team's future much less staying on the first line. Jeez I hope not.

Acadmus

pastured mod
Jul 22, 2003
Vermont
Was it pointed out yet Ekblad now leads the team in scoring? 1g 7a 8 points.:amazed:

I'm sorry, but if your rookie defenseman is leading the team in scoring (especially when it's only slightly more than a 1/2 point per game), it makes him look good, but the rest of the team (not including the goalie or other dmen) look bad. REALLY bad.

btw, never got around to saying it, but I LOVED the thread title and OP, PRock:thumbu:

adam graves

Panther 20 yr sth
Feb 24, 2010
south florida
The dead weight will likely be cut before next season. Expiring contracts. Thank the lord! The Fleichmans, Kopeckys and such should bother us no more. I can wait.

Kopy is arguably our best day in and out skaters this yr.

It's the blueprint. This is happening by design.

And when they leave at year's end, I'll applaud them ...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad