GDT: 11/11/14 "We're Gonna Need A Bigger Goalie" - Sharks VS Panthers

Status
Not open for further replies.

adam graves

Panther 20 yr sth
Feb 24, 2010
south florida
So.... was I right or was I right? :yo:

Easily the best game of the season and I have nothing bad to say about anyone. A full 60 minute effort and all four lines played great.

I'd expect things to be very chippy next week in San Jose. Desjardins better get what he deserves. The guy was a pain in the ass to Mitchell all night. The Sharks are probably pissed about this loss, so I definitely wouldn't think it's going to be a walk in the park again.

Great prognosticating!!!

batting1k

Mar 3, 2013
Ekblad leading our team in points and also is tied for the rookie dman scoring lead.

LUUUUUIS

Nov 2, 2011
Florida
This was a team possessed tonight!

anim_b3dba74c-06f8-17c4-49d0-20ee1e61388f.gif

JP Mick

Sep 24, 2008
Homestead, FL
this is what bothers me.... Moving up kopecky to a top line spot will just be bad.. could he do well yes.. but he also shouldnt be there. He succeeds at being the 4th line pest with skill... we need that 4th line to stay put... flash isnt the answer there.

I disagree with everything you say from now on.

CanadianPantherFan

Cats are Here!
Jun 6, 2004
Calgary
Trocheck had a steady game tonight. Some big face off wins. He plays with youthful enthusiasm but also like a poised vet too (kind of like Ekblad on the back end but up front). He can stay in the lineup as far as I'm concerned.

Thornton was dominant today along with Barkov. I liked what I saw out of Huberdeau for a change. I don't remember a bad shift from Guds-Olsen pairing, I could be wrong??

Flash, wow:laugh: Ok :handclap:

Waiting on that : Shore/Flash/1st round pick type deal to take this team to the next level!

JP Mick

Sep 24, 2008
Homestead, FL
Trocheck had a steady game tonight. Some big face off wins. He plays with youthful enthusiasm but also like a poised vet too (kind of like Ekblad on the back end but up front). He can stay in the lineup as far as I'm concerned.

Thornton was dominant today along with Barkov. I liked what I saw out of Huberdeau for a change. I don't remember a bad shift from Guds-Olsen pairing, I could be wrong??

Flash, wow:laugh: Ok :handclap:

Waiting on that : Shore/Flash/1st round pick type deal to take this team to the next level!

Basically what you are saying is that the coaching staff has made good choices and the doomsayers need to be quiet. I agree.

Drugs Delaney

Peace be with you.
Jan 31, 2013
Colorado
I missed the game tonight. Just my luck. I heard it was the Sharks 3rd game in 4 nights or something like that. Did it look like it?

CanadianPantherFan

Cats are Here!
Jun 6, 2004
Calgary
I missed the game tonight. Just my luck. I heard it was the Sharks 3rd game in 4 nights or something like that. Did it look like it?

I don't know. That will be the story though of course:shakehead Niemi was not his best and couple defensive blunders but the Sharks had some skating legs in the 3rd and were starting to dominate zone time. I just felt the Panthers had 3-4 strong lines going tonight with rock solid defense and Luongo allowing barely any rebounds at all. Panthers cycle game reminded me of CPR days. All the Dmen seem to get when and when not to pinch up in the play along the boards which is a treat to watch. The Dmen tonight probably kept 6-10 pucks in the zone for additional zone time by the forwards (Ekblad on the Flash goal was one for instance).

spacemanatee

May 18, 2014
so i guess the key to getting our guys going is to slot them with weird ****ing linemates. we should try bjugs with olsen & hubey in net against the NYI.

harv33173

Oct 5, 2003
hayes has to stay in the lineup! he's having a positive effect. what do we do when bolland, bergy and pirri are healthy? i still want hayes in the lineup!

Drugs Delaney

Peace be with you.
Jan 31, 2013
Colorado
I don't know. That will be the story though of course:shakehead Niemi was not his best and couple defensive blunders but the Sharks had some skating legs in the 3rd and were starting to dominate zone time. I just felt the Panthers had 3-4 strong lines going tonight with rock solid defense and Luongo allowing barely any rebounds at all. Panthers cycle game reminded me of CPR days. All the Dmen seem to get when and when not to pinch up in the play along the boards which is a treat to watch. The Dmen tonight probably kept 6-10 pucks in the zone for additional zone time by the forwards (Ekblad on the Flash goal was one for instance).

Thank you for the response. Again, sad I missed it. Two more assist for Ekblad and Barkov scored? Whoa!

SoupyFIN

#OneTerritory
Nov 7, 2011
All four goals were the result of very sloppy d-zone play by SJ.

so i guess the key to getting our guys going is to slot them with weird ****ing linemates. we should try bjugs with olsen & hubey in net against the NYI.
Like I said before the game, I don't think that was a weird decision at all. Barkov can't do it all by himself, JJ/Boyes don't have the grit and hustle to get control of the puck like Kopecky/Upshall (when they're on) do.

ShootIt

Nov 8, 2008
IMO Robak had a decent night after the 1st period, which I'll let slide.

Could he be the next Montador? 4th line/3rd pairing guy that is decent enough to stay in the NHL?

IM Clutcm

Jun 20, 2014
Miami, FL
IMO Robak had a decent night after the 1st period, which I'll let slide.

Could he be the next Montador? 4th line/3rd pairing guy that is decent enough to stay in the NHL?

That's probably what he'll end up being, which is better than most of us have been expecting. It's just nice to see him finally playing well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad