Post-Game Talk: 11/10/19 | #15 panthers @ RANGERS

3 Stars of the Game

• Total voters

nyr2k2

Can't Beat Him
Jul 30, 2005
Maryland
Is it that big of a deal to take like three minutes to see who wins the game?
Uh, none of this is "that big of a deal". It's a hockey game.

I don't like the shootout. It's not enjoyable and don't consider it a legitimate way to end a game. So I check the score five minutes later, which is fine for me. Thanks for your concern, though.

NYR

Mar 1, 2002
LI
Hank probably can't have 2 games in a row like that anymore and you know what?
Neither can any 23 year old or any other goalie in this league.

Defense is a foregone conclusion when it comes to the way this team is being coached.

At what point does the coach say OK, let's hit the brakes a little and defend the f***ing house?

Wtf...

Kovalev27

BEST IN THE WORLD
Jun 22, 2004
NYC
That goal is 100% on Adam Fox. He didn't do his job. You should go back and watch the replay to see how the entire play evolved.

Hank makes a save from a shot from the point, the rebound bounces to the side where Hunt puts it on goal, the puck bounces and sneaks through Hank into the crease and Fox forgets his man and Toninato has a tap in.

the puck went right under hank clean as a whistle who was flat on his back since he was flopping all day and Fox is supposed to expect it coming thru the other side? How often do u see Georgiev or Shesterkin flat on their backs? Or any goalie not my age if we’re being honest.

nevesis

Sponsor
Jan 3, 2008
NY
the puck went right under hank clean as a whistle who was flat on his back since he was flopping all day and Fox is supposed to expect it coming thru the other side? How often do u see Georgiev or Shesterkin flat on their backs? Or any goalie not my age if we’re being honest.

Literally watch the play man, this isn’t hard. First save he kicks out, within a half a second he’s already in a position to make a desperation save on the rebound he thinks Hunt is putting on goal, but Hunt decides to toss it to the net front, it gets right through the crease and onto Toninato’s stick where Fox completely misses his assignment.

I’ll never understand why a huge part of dissecting hockey is to review game footage, yet some fans watch a play in real time and never take a second look to see why certain events transpired they way they do. Then bitch and moan and try to pin blame on the easiest target.

That was a play that was not the goaltenders fault, but the defenseman who misses his assignment. If Fox ties his man up, that puck never sniffs the back of the net.

Some are acting like he got beat on a clear sighted wrist shot from the blue line.

kovazub94

Enigmatic
Aug 5, 2010
I definitely thought the same thing. Anderson was prevented from getting out into the shooting lane

phone posting but Rangers D needs to do a far better job figuring out when to jump into the play and forwards need to do better covering for them. This even includes breakouts and trying to fly the zone in transition

Chytil continues to look good...having a legit 2nd center prospect is nice. 3C looks like a shot show though. Howden just sucks 90% of the time. Maybe Andersson isn’t ready either but I’d be happy with Howden sitting and Strome being 3C on that line when Zibanejad is back. Dude just has nothing to his game...no hands no speed no shot no physical play. Spends most of his shifts skating up and down the ice doing nothing.

I know your post was about 3C but Lias’ status at this point is moving beyond “let’s wait until he’s ready”. The last few games were of the worst kind from last season. He’s the one bringing down the 4th line. Honestly, if Oilers are fine to make him the prime component in JP trade, I’d pull a trigger.

Reactions: Larrybiv

Kovalev27

BEST IN THE WORLD
Jun 22, 2004
NYC
I definitely thought the same thing. Anderson was prevented from getting out into the shooting lane

phone posting but Rangers D needs to do a far better job figuring out when to jump into the play and forwards need to do better covering for them. This even includes breakouts and trying to fly the zone in transition

Chytil continues to look good...having a legit 2nd center prospect is nice. 3C looks like a shot show though. Howden just sucks 90% of the time. Maybe Andersson isn’t ready either but I’d be happy with Howden sitting and Strome being 3C on that line when Zibanejad is back. Dude just has nothing to his game...no hands no speed no shot no physical play. Spends most of his shifts skating up and down the ice doing nothing.

that’s how I see it. 93 72 16 and one of the kids on the 4th line.

DelZottoHitTheNetJK

Mar 10, 2011
We're going to have a monster second half after some of these kids get fully acclimated. Fox, Chytil, Buchnevich, DeAngelo and Lindgren all looking really, really good. Lemieux is starting to chip in some offense and blocking shots at 100%. Kakko's game is definitely coming along, hes making strides and Panarin is just a savage. Howden is definitely disappointing right now. Once Zibenejad gets back, I think this team can absolutely go on a tear but the majority of the games will be similar to this; high scoring track meets. We just don't have the personnel yet to shut most other teams down and that's strictly due to a young/inexperienced D core.

TLDR; if we're going to lose, I want to lose like this where there is obvious progression and where the kids take charge of the game

Kovalev27

BEST IN THE WORLD
Jun 22, 2004
NYC
Literally watch the play man, this isn’t hard. First save he kicks out, within a half a second he’s already in a position to make a desperation save on the rebound he thinks Hunt is putting on goal, but Hunt decides to toss it to the net front, it gets right through the crease and onto Toninato’s stick where Fox completely misses his assignment.

I’ll never understand why a huge part of dissecting hockey is to review game footage, yet some fans watch a play in real time and never take a second look to see why certain events transpired they way they do. Then ***** and moan and try to pin blame on the easiest target.

That was a play that was not the goaltenders fault, but the defenseman who misses his assignment. If Fox ties his man up, that puck never sniffs the back of the net.

Some are acting like he got beat on a clear sighted wrist shot from the blue line.

and every other goalie under 35 kicks that out easily then pushes off their back foot to slide into position for the rebound. Puck would never slide under him to the far post. If you’re going to continue to be like this lovesick at least know what you’re talking about.

bl02

Jan 13, 2014
We're going to have a monster second half after some of these kids get fully acclimated. Fox, Chytil, Buchnevich, DeAngelo and Lindgren all looking really, really good. Lemieux is starting to chip in some offense and blocking shots at 100%. Kakko's game is definitely coming along, hes making strides and Panarin is just a savage. Howden is definitely disappointing right now. Once Zibenejad gets back, I think this team can absolutely go on a tear but the majority of the games will be similar to this; high scoring track meets. We just don't have the personnel yet to shut most other teams down and that's strictly due to a young/inexperienced D core.

TLDR; if we're going to lose, I want to lose like this where there is obvious progression and where the kids take charge of the game

And if we don't have a monster second half Gorton could be real busy again before the TDL with trading chips like Strome and even Skjei if return is good.

DelZottoHitTheNetJK

Mar 10, 2011
And if we don't have a monster second half Gorton could be real busy again before the TDL with trading chips like Strome and even Skjei if return is good.

Agree, but I don't think we should move Strome; if he can continue to play like a legitimate #2 center (which I think will be what he is moving forward but I'm really high on him) I think he's the perfect candidate to put up 50 points a year on a steal of a contract. I would imagine he likes it in NY given his success under Quinn and the fact that he'd get a ton of PP time and time with Panarin and other highly skilled wingers

bl02

Jan 13, 2014
Agree, but I don't think we should move Strome; if he can continue to play like a legitimate #2 center (which I think will be what he is moving forward but I'm really high on him) I think he's the perfect candidate to put up 50 points a year on a steal of a contract. I would imagine he likes it in NY given his success under Quinn and the fact that he'd get a ton of PP time and time with Panarin and other highly skilled wingers
If he continues at this pace or close to it would you trade him for a first rounder? Or second and good forward prospect?

JimmyG89

May 1, 2010
That 3rd line gets buried every game. Multiple guys have played there too.

The only consistent on that line is Howden and it's remaining the same. No clue how he can keep getting buried in every game and stay in his spot. It's amazing.

When Zibanejad comes back, he needs to sit or go down. I can see the reluctance on playing Andersson there, but you can go with Zibanejad, Strome, and Chytil down the middle and whoever on the 4C spot.

Doubt it happens, but something has to change.

Reactions: TheDirtyH

duhmetreE

Blessed Bigly
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2012
If he continues at this pace or close to it would you trade him for a first rounder? Or second and good forward prospect?
I know you didn't ask me but I'd sign him to a 2 year contract.

If someone blows us away with an offer, I'm all game.

Reactions: bl02

SnowblindNYR

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 16, 2011
Brooklyn, NY
As usual, I turned it off for the shootout. I haven't watched one in forever. I don't know if I'll ever watch one again.

old.jpg

will1066

Your positivity is not welcomed
Oct 12, 2008
Those were some pretty goals scored today. From both teams. That Vatrano backhand roofer and that PP goal wow. Chytil undressed Stralman. Just before that Chytil goal, Lindgren got beat wide by Vatrano ugh. Vatrano is friggin dangerous.

SnowblindNYR

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 16, 2011
Brooklyn, NY

I’ll never understand why a huge part of dissecting hockey is to review game footage, yet some fans watch a play in real time and never take a second look to see why certain events transpired they way they do. Then ***** and moan and try to pin blame on the easiest target.

Honest question, do you view yourself as objective when it comes to Hank? Because quite frankly if your opinions about Hank are valid he is not only the greatest goalie in the history of the game, he is the greatest athlete in the history of sports. The guy makes a mistake in your eyes about 3 times a season. Come on man, your posts are a self-parody at this point.

Kovalev27

BEST IN THE WORLD
Jun 22, 2004
NYC
Panarin Mika Kakko
Kreider Chytil Buchnevich
Lemieux Strome Fast
Smith Howden Mckegg

I’d send lias to Hartford. It’s clear even when Howden struggles he’s not going to put Lias above him just because.

I’d also like to stop being the team that plays fourth liners on our top line instead of skill guys.

Reactions: SnowblindNYR

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad